• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 Famitsu scans

king zell

13781_scan0001_122_565lo.jpg

13782_scan0002_122_164lo.jpg

13783_scan0003_122_1049lo.jpg

13789_scan0004_122_1033lo.jpg

13795_scan0005_122_65lo.jpg

Reilly

If you're going to put the camera that close to Chris' head, why not make it a FPS? :lol

I mean **** he takes up 1/3 of the screen. Like I'm suppose to give a shit about the back of his head?

Reilly said:
If you're going to put the camera that close to Chris' head, why not make it a FPS? :lol

I mean **** he takes up 1/3 of the screen. Like I'm suppose to give a shit about the back of his head?
i don't think any of these screens are actual gameplay. they're all in engine naturally, but that same over the shoulder shot was in the trailer. it could be representative of the gameplay... it might not.

notice how the camera is further away from him when aiming the hand gun than when firing the machine gun... and of course notice the total lack of a hud.

i wouldn't be surprised if it turned out looking close to either screen... but i highly doubt those are gameplay shots.

gconsole

plagiarize said:
i don't think any of these screens are actual gameplay. they're all in engine naturally, but that same over the shoulder shot was in the trailer. it could be representative of the gameplay... it might not.

notice how the camera is further away from him when aiming the hand gun than when firing the machine gun... and of course notice the total lack of a hud.

i wouldn't be surprised if it turned out looking close to either screen... but i highly doubt those are gameplay shots.

I think it is the same as RE4. Just a little bit more close up. I highly doubt if capcom made the cg movie/cut-scene for over shoulder view.

Knox

Router said:
thatsracist.gif
I really hope this game doesn't come under fire for "being about a white guy shooting lots of black people". You can kinda see it coming though.

Edit: Hey you just made it. :lol

Borys said:
In before the "Uh-oh, white man shooting black people" comments.
in *after* and *during* the white man shooting black people comments.

THANKS BORYS!

can we get someone in here to translate already?

gconsole

Phoenix Fang said:
Poor Silent Hill 5. Konami should release it as soon as possible in order to stand a chance against RE5.

Actually they need to release Silent Hill 5 to stand a chance against RE4.

edit: D-: gconsole avatar change

Thanks for the impression XD

Knox said:
I really hope this game doesn't come under fire for "being about a white guy shooting lots of black people". You can kinda see it coming though.
did RE4 come under fire for featuring a white guy shooting lots of hispanic people?

the game is set in africa.

calling it racist would be like saying 'africa is racist because almost all the people in prison in africa are black!'

KLoNe

Banned
****! Reminds me of the natives at the start of Brain Dead (Dead Alive) when they're stealing the Rat Monkey! Scary as!

shinsnake

Banned
Was there any backlash for RE4 where ultra-white and shiny Leon shot hispanics? I thought it was racist when you went into a small house and there were like 9-10 of them in a room.

Elios83

It looks amazing, I believe this a more advanced version of their engine because the game seems in an other league compared to Dead Rising/LostPlanet/ Devil May Cry 4.
I'm really happy about it, I didn't think they would match their target render so closely.

rakka

Elios83 said:
It looks amazing, I believe this a more advanced version of their engine because the game seems in an other league compared to Dead Rising/LostPlanet/ Devil May Cry 4.

It looks way better than those, true :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
king zell said:
2 more scans add , thanks to 2—young for the scans :)
Did you get the scans as they are (horribly compressed), or did you butcher them yourself? ;)
Seriously, you could almost get more details with a camera phone.

le.phat

i find the new setting congo-like setting pretty disturbing, mainly because central africa is as close to ''hell on earth'' as it gets. disease, poverty, mutilation, rape, child soldiers, all these reallife horrors on a grand scale, with this new setting RE suddenly gets a very realistic vibe IMO. i'm loving and fearing it at the same time.

WalkMan

Banned
le.phat said:
i find the new setting congo-like setting pretty disturbing, mainly because central africa is as close to ''hell on earth'' as it gets. disease, poverty, mutilation, rape, child soldiers, all these reallife horrors on a grand scale, with this new setting RE suddenly gets a very realistic vibe IMO. i'm loving and fearing it at the same time.
Agreed, being in Africa right now is scary --- couple that with zombies and we have a game that makes the player uncomfortable.

Reilly

le.phat said:
:lol

Try going to Africa first.

king zell

Blimblim said:
Did you get the scans as they are (horribly compressed), or did you butcher them yourself? ;)
Seriously, you could almost get more details with a camera phone.

i just rehosted them Blim :)

le.phat

Reilly said:
:lol

Try going to Africa first.
I'm not talking about africa as a whole, but about the countries that are in conflict; the civil wars raging in parts of africa are as brutal and frightning as war can get.

Top Bottom