• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Hardware Charts

Hammerhai

Deutsche Monats- und Gesamt-Verkaufszahlen
Samstag, 18.08.2007 @ 15:10

consoles

Wii hat Xbox 360 bei Gesamt-VKZ bereits überholt...

Heute sind endlich mal wieder ein paar Verkaufszahlen aus Deutschland aufgetaucht. Diese nannte ein Brancheninsider unter Berufung auf Zahlen der Gesellschaft für Konsumforschung (GfK) gegenüber der "Euro am Sonntag".
Die Gesamt-Verkaufszahlen haben den Stand Ende Juli, zu diesem Zeitpunkt zog Nintendos Wii (Release Dezember 2006) erstmals an Microsofts Xbox 360 (Dezember 2005) vorbei. Mit fast 200.000 Einheiten weniger liegt Sonys PlayStation 3 auf den dritten Platz, allerdings ist die Konsole in Deutschland erst seit Ende März 2007 erhältlich.

System Mai 2007 Juni 2007 Juli 2007 Gesamt VKZ

Wii - - 26.000 291.000

Xbox 360 8000 5000 5000 281.000

PlayStation 3 13000 8000 8000 99.500

Links zum Artikel:
http://www.consolewars.de/news/17600/deutsche_monats-_und_gesamt-verkaufszahlen/

http://www.n-tv.de/840771.html

I still can't believe how well Wii is doing in Europe.

This isn't like in USA where Gamecube did ok. Gamecube BOMBED in Europe. Yet Wii is beating everyone - as shown here, it has already passed the 360 LTD in Germany.

Hammerhai

3000 more Hardware mothly for the PS3 than the 360 and it tooks 5 Years to pass the MS Console.

On 24.08 comes the Elite and the Price Drop and a few weeks later Halo 3, and MS sold a lot more Consoles than Sony.

sebmarine

Alkaliine said:

This isn't like in USA where Gamecube did ok. Gamecube BOMBED in Europe. Yet Wii is beating everyone - as shown here, it has already passed the 360 LTD in Germany.

Well honestly I haven't seen this much advertising for a console here in Belgium since... ever. Wii's all over the place.

spwolf

Hammerhai said:
Price Drop on GC and the 360 sells more than the PS3, after their Price Drop.

there was no price drop in europe and those numbers above dont refference Starter pack which started selling in Europe in August :)

Tab0203

Alkaliine said:

I bought a gamecube 6 month after launch for less money (180€) than the Wii on launchday. And you couldn't find a Wii in stores until April! In PC land Germany!

Dascu

sebmarine said:
Well honestly I haven't seen this much advertising for a console here in Belgium since... ever. Wii's all over the place.
Yeah, I've seen lots of Brain Academy trailers on TV lately.

methane47

Hammerhai said:
3000 more Hardware mothly for the PS3 than the 360 and it tooks 5 Years to pass the MS Console.

On 24.08 comes the Elite and the Price Drop and a few weeks later Halo 3, and MS sold a lot more Consoles than Sony.

i'm having trouble reading this

Hammerhai said:

Elite won't drive any numbers for the 360 in Germany. Too expensive. We like our consoles cheap. And nobody cares about 120 GB HDD without any content to fill that drive up. And for Halo 3. This is not America. Halo doesn't have the same status here in Europe. PS3 will sell more units than 360 for the rest of the year.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
sebmarine said:

Advertising has always been Nintendo's weakest point. They've always relied on word of mouth (which has always been the best type of advertising). However, in this gen, they seem to really want to go all out to bring Wii to the masses. Case in point: I saw a advert for the Wii on a bus yesterday. A freaking bus!!

Neomoto

Vilix said:
Advertising has always been Nintendo's weakest point. They've always relied on word of mouth (which has always been the best type of advertising). However, in this gen, they seem to really want to go all out to bring Wii to the masses. Case in point: I saw a advert for the Wii on a bus yesterday. A freaking bus!!
Yes I too see lots of ads in the Netherlands. Hell, I even saw some casual ads that weren't from Nintendo! Like those 'SMS Wii on to 4141' to win a Wii' ads and such.

Thread wasn't really neccessary. Slaughter provided the info in the takeover thread.

Hammerhai said:
Price Drop on GC and the 360 sells more than the PS3, after their Price Drop.
I don't think so, remember MS dropped the price a whopping 100 € during the PS3 launch and it didn't help them to boost the hardware siginificantly. Why would a 50 € price drop have more effect?

Madden doesn't matter in Germany and most people will play Bioshock on PC. The only killer app would be Halo3 and while it may light the spark for the series in Germany there is more than just a shadow of doubt. After all Halo hasn't been an overwhelming success before.

Michan said:
Ich habe einen grossen Pimmel.
If you so desperately need to make an ass out of yourself you should at least check your spelling.

Oh and I seriously doubt it.

Haunted

I've had a nice chunk of text here, but then I saw Phife Dawg already covered Madden, Bioshock and making fun of Michan.

I feel useless. :(

edit: ah, wait I disagree on one thing - this deserves its own thread, since we also had threads when numbers rolled in for other European nations (Spain, Portugal, Ireland iirc). It's so rare that we get reliable monthly/YTD/LTD numbers from Europe.

kikonawa

xbox360's are much lower then the real retail price of 299 and 399euro in germany .. an official discount isn't actually needed over there

MaX_PL

Banned
Benjamin1981 said:
Elite won't drive any numbers for the 360 in Germany. Too expensive. We like our consoles cheap. And nobody cares about 120 GB HDD without any content to fill that drive up. And for Halo 3. This is not America. Halo doesn't have the same status here in Europe. PS3 will sell more units than 360 for the rest of the year.

so youre germany?

Vilix said:

I can't speak for elsewhere but Nintendo advertising is excellent in the UK. Not only are the adverts high quality but they're everywhere. Heck, my female housemate who hates us playing videogames just had to text me to tell me about the Trauma Center advert shew saw, she was amazed. No chance in hell would she have ever done that about some 360/PS3 game.

The Wii just has that wide appeal, and Nintendo are portraying it excellently in their adverts. It makes people want to try these games out.

Odysseus

Banned
kikonawa said:
xbox360's are much lower then the real retail price of 299 and 399euro in germany .. an official discount isn't actually needed over there

the official sales suggest an official discount is more than officially needed

meanwhile, wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So one of the Wii's weakest markets is the U.S where its merely outselling its competition a bit over 2 to 1.

Wow

donny2112

schuelma said:
So one of the Wii's weakest markets is the U.S where its merely outselling its competition a bit over 2 to 1.

Relative to the competition, yes. However, the U.S./N.A. is the only market of the big three where the Wii has any real competition.

justjohn

Benjamin1981 said:

?

I'm quite amazed at the sales of all 3 consoles really, given that Germany is the most populous country in Europe. I knew that us British were the largest market in Europe for consoles, but I didn't realise how much we out-bought other nations. Despite having about 22 million less people, the Wii has still sold about 3 times as much in the UK. I'm not criticising Germany or anything, if anything it just reaffirms what a bunch of couch potatoes we really are in the UK!

What is the second largest market within Europe in the console business, does anyone know?

Haunted One said:
I've had a nice chunk of text here, but then I saw Phife Dawg already covered Madden, Bioshock and making fun of Michan.

I feel useless. :(

edit: ah, wait I disagree on one thing - this deserves its own thread, since we also had threads when numbers rolled in for other European nations (Spain, Portugal, Ireland iirc). It's so rare that we get reliable monthly/YTD/LTD numbers from Europe.
After you all raped me in Strikers let me enjoy my small victory ;-p.

sionyboy said:
I'm quite amazed at the sales of all 3 consoles really, given that Germany is the most populous country in Europe. I knew that us British were the largest market in Europe for consoles, but I didn't realise how much we out-bought other nations. Despite having about 22 million less people, the Wii has still sold about 3 times as much in the UK. I'm not criticising Germany or anything, if anything it just reaffirms what a bunch of couch potatoes we really are in the UK!

What is the second largest market within Europe in the console business, does anyone know?

There was a report out around the start of 06 that put france and germany around 20 and 25%. so germany i would think.

Top Bottom