• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Assassin's Creed images

Blimblim

The Inside Track
1029_0001.jpg

1029_0002.jpg

1029_0003.jpg

1029_0004.jpg

1029_0005.jpg

1029_0006.jpg

1029_0007.jpg

Getting the rest of the ubi press kit rght now.

armubaba

Haven't heard about this game in a long while. Coming out in November, right?

Back on topic- these look quite nice.

llTll

Banned
is there any other places beside this one in the whole game?

since the day this game was announced and all i see is the same place over and over.

either way, i cant wait to buy this

pswii60

Deja vu. It's like they keep releasing the same screens, but make them look better every time!

This is still on my hot list despite the dodgy E3 demo.

MCD

llTll said:

since the day this game was announced and all i see is the same place over and over.

Maybe indoor places but i doubt we will see more than 1 or 2 cities.

PolyGone

Banned
llTll said:

it looks like a pretty big city, I'm sure there's more than enough possibilities to last an entire game... that harbor shot is just fucking insane.

Paging Ridley Scott - anything you can do we can do better. Signed, Ubisoft.

yeah, I went there.

Yixian

Banned
Yeah yeah, very nice and all, but am I the only one who is starting to get tired of maintaining the hype for games we learnt about 2 years ago?

Just release it already.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
McDragon said:
Maybe indoor places but i doubt we will see more than 1 or 2 cities.

I thought there would be 3 cities. Jerusalem, Damascus and one more I forgot.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
No. 5 didn't look so hot. Everything else seems shit hot for the most part. Can't wait.

painey

i dont think it looks that great but its probably due to the awful image compression that is making everything look jaggy.. just look at the text in the bottom right

Yagharek

My apologies for quoting a screenshot, but if I may ask:

1029_0004.jpg

See how the buildings appear to be part of the level geometry for about ~half a km to the city walls? Then there is a hill, and in the far distance, we see another town that seems as if it is also somewhere you could get to (as opposed to a wallpaper/skybox of the distance).

Colour me impressed. Top stuff.

guise

The game still looks great, but i wonder how much differentiation there will be betwen each of the cities. So far they all look like the same sandy slums to me.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
pswii60 said:
Actually looks more like a scaling issue with the images - look at the AC logo, it's as jaggy as everything else.
Why would there be a scaling issue? The screens are in 720p and this isn't a Wii game.

Branduil

RandomVince said:
My apologies for quoting a screenshot, but if I may ask:

[im]http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/6092/1029_0004.jpg[/img]

See how the buildings appear to be part of the level geometry for about ~half a km to the city walls? Then there is a hill, and in the far distance, we see another town that seems as if it is also somewhere you could get to (as opposed to a wallpaper/skybox of the distance).

Colour me impressed. Top stuff.

I don't see anything like that. The towns in the background are part of the wallpaper. It still looks good though.

hteng

Banned
here's hoping for no floating dead bodies and smoother animation (it looks really weird and unnatural)

solid detail on environments

FFChris

guise said:
The game still looks great, but i wonder how much differentiation there will be betwen each of the cities. So far they all look like the same sandy slums to me.

I think we've only seen one so far. I seem to remember an interview in which Jade said all three cities would have their own distinct style. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking...

We haven't seen a shot of the port yet, that looks cool. I wonder why the screens are badly compressed though, BlimBlim usually hosts them perfectly.

ThirdEye

pswii60 said:
Actually looks more like a scaling issue with the images - look at the AC logo, it's as jaggy as everything else.
1. Render it in lower than 720p
2. Put a logo on it
3. Upscale to 720p for the press kit

Angelcurio

Those pics looks worse than the previously seen ones. Aliasing is all over the place, and some character do not looks as detailed as before.
Blimblim said:
Is that soldier singing or something?

Freak

While it still may be looking nice in these shot, i cant help feeling disapointed that its all going to be covered in the bullshit matrixey future HUD overlays.. I was sorely disapointed with that effect after the E3 showing i and havent quite recovered yet.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Meh...

This game had so much promise. I'm keeping my hype-o-meter on low for this one.

Freak said:
While it still may be looking nice in these shot, i cant help feeling disapointed that its all going to be covered in the bullshit matrixey future HUD overlays.. I was sorely disapointed with that effect after the E3 showing i and havent quite recovered yet.

QFT.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
llTll said:

*Edit*

Beaten... damn Bandwidth shaping :(

Top Bottom