• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new DQIX / FFIV DS / ToI weekly Jump scans

neo2046

from 2ch

148156061420070913110412.jpg

186947103820070913110431.jpg

185492407820070913110523.jpg

15200930720070913110732.jpg

Sagitario

This thread has Tales of Innocence scans so this one wins!

Those new characters design (ToI) are definitely an improvement over the 2 main characters...

Red Scarlet

I'll post what I said in the other thread too.

It just says 2008 for DQ9. I wonder what Rosa and Rydia's "Twin" attack is. Looks like there are duo commands for some party members? Cecil is getting some "Hero Song" used on him; I don't remember that in the original. Or Cecil is learning the 'sing' ability and using it on himself..very interesting.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
god knows it's gonna be tempting to bite the bullet and import dq9 ;(

I must resist.

Wow, awesome scans. DQIX looks freaking fantastic! FFIV is hawt too, I love adult Rydia CG.

Farore said:
Those new characters design (ToI) are definitely an improvement over the 2 main characters...

I disagree. These ones remind me way too much of Inomata's work in Eternia (the small girl is like mixture of Chat and Meredy and the other like Farah). The main characters looked refreshing. I love Iria's guns.

Sagitario

Magicpaint said:
I disagree. These ones remind me way too much of Inomata's work in Eternia (the small girl is like mixture of Chat and Meredy and the other like Farah). The main characters looked refreshing. I love Iria's guns.

That's why I said they're an improvement...
For me, the main characters of ToI look as generic as the ones in TotT and the only one I've truly liked is Ricardo...

AlternativeUlster said:
I love the colour scheme for ToI. I never played a Tales game, this might be my first.

You got that over an orange colored scan? :p
There are so many Tales games you can play right now, don't wait for ToI... do yourself a favor and play some now :D ...

Farore said:
That's why I said they're an improvement...
For me, the main characters of ToI look as generic as the ones in TotT and the only one I've truly liked is Ricardo...
Tales characters always look generic for the most part. There's nothing particularly original about any of the character designs.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Farore said:
You got that over a orange colored scan? :p
There are so many Tales game you can play right now, don't wait for ToI... do yourself a favor and play some now :D ...

So...the the game won't look like Halloween. Disappointment. I only have a DS and Wii, what Tales games should I play?

CTLance

looking good, looking good.... and of course wow at Rydia fanservice. :D
Female armor&clothing cliche strikes again, and I'm falling for it, again. :lol

Farore said:
It's just a matter of opinion...
Note that when I say generic, I don't say it with some sort of negative connotation behind it. When something is generic, it's not inherently bad is my point. I absolutely love Tear Grant's character design from Abyss, but there's nothing original about it. In the end, a good design can still look derivative while still looking really good.

AlternativeUlster said:
So...the the game won't look like Halloween. Disappointment. I only have a DS and Wii, what Tales games should I play?
Tales of Phantasia (GBA) and Tales of Symphonia (GC).

Sagitario

AlternativeUlster said:

Well, your only choice is Tales of Symphonia then (GC game on Wii)... :)
And Tales of Phantasia (GBA, not the best version though)...

Sagitario

Magicpaint said:
Note that when I say generic, I don't say it with some sort of negative connotation behind it. When something is generic, it's not inherently bad is my point. I absolutely love Tear Grant's character design from Abyss, but there's nothing original about it. In the end, a good design can still look derivative while still looking really good.

I completely agree with that, I do not say generic in a negative way either... and I love Tear too (my favorite design in the Tales series and my favorite character along with Norma)...

ethelred

Magicpaint said:
Tales characters always look generic for the most part. There's nothing particularly original about any of the character designs.

The only non-generic Tales designs are in Legendia, and look how that turned out!

mutsu

Wow... I thought we wouldn't get anything DQIX related for a while. Looking at those scans make me excited again (though in vain... have to wait until next year :( )

Thanks again neo!

Dragon Quest looks excellent, but I think this is the worst set of scans we've seen thus far for FFIV. I'm not really worried about it though since I was pretty happy with the other ones released thus far. I don't really like the Yang model :-/

Top Bottom