• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions Report Session 057

- MGS4 will be playable at TGS to the public.
- Ryan looked on message boards about things people want to see fixed after the GC trailer. 2 of the things brought up are animation and the FP view.
- There will be a new trailer and the guy who's voice you heard in the boss trailer will be in it,
he isn't not Sigint.
- Ryan warns that you might want to skip the TGS trailer because he thinks they might be showing too much and there's some stuff he would've preferred to save and let people see when they first play it.

http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/kp-ryan/entry/135.html

Awesome! The Kojima Productions Report is great.

OK, i am going to try real hard to avoid the new trailer if Ryan thinks it shows too much, I would like to be surprised. MGS4 is probably the only game that really gets me excited. :D

Also playable demo at TGS! I would kill to see that on PSN.

Darkpen

Banned
listening to it now, and after reading that (and probably after reading this), I feel uncertain as to whether or not I want to see what comes out of TGS D:

SolidSnakex said:
- Ryan warns that you might want to skip the TGS trailer because he thinks they might be showing too much and there's some stuff he would've preferred to save and let people see when they first play it.

*skipping trailer confirmed... maybe possibly*

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
*Clicks on thread expecting the usual borefest about voice acting.*

SolidSnakex said:

*I'm posting this from the airport*

acabado

Banned
4ozrrkn.gif

Likely the final trailer before release, I'm happy they're (apparently) going with the style used with the MGS2 and MGS3 trailers as opposed to the teasers we've gotten for MGS4.

Aggelos

SolidSnakex said:
-

Great, I love spoilerific trailers!! There is no way to miss that!:D Lovely!!

So, its not Sigint.....

ThePeter

On one hand...
1. despise the reactions to the trailers from all the philistines of the internet.
2. I might get spoiled by some junior member or something anyway.

I'm scared and confused.

Crateman

One part of me says: Skip the trailer... It will be worthy.
The other part says: WTF? Watch the trailer as soon as you can! They are going to spoil it anyway!

Decisions, decisions...

Should we expect a PSN demo? I mean, it will be like Christmas early...

Holtz

Holy shit, best TGS ever confirmed. I wish i could go. :(
And i'm torn about skipping the new trailer. You just know the damn thing will be all over the Internet in seconds, it will be impossible to avoid it. Might as well get it over with and go crazy with the people in the official trailer thread. :lol

Akia

I'm a big Metal Gear fan but the last couple podcasts have had lots of info on the VG voice acting biz. Which is something I don't hear about too often. It's a refreshing listen, I wonder if there are dedicated podcasts to the voice acting business. If there isn't one I think Kris should make one.

SamuraiX-

Crap...

And I was REALLY excited for the TGS 2007 trailer too... Now I might end up not watching it... I would just hate to be spoiled as much as I was with the MGS3 trailers. Damn it... And Kojima was doing so well with keeping a lot of the plot and characters under wraps.

Is anyone else in this same dilemma? Of course I want to watch it more than anything else in the word, but... DAMN! >_<

bud

does ryan say whether or not the playable demo will be the same as that 15 minute gameplay video?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
ARGGGGHHHHH noooooooooooo I don't want to skip the trailer:|

I could. I managed to impose myself a media blackout for MGS3 and managed not to see the really long trailer with The Boss and everything.

Bu-bu-but, this is MGS4, and TGS!!! I... can't... :|

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
tanod said:
So does that mean dynamic or canned?

It means that although the AI system works, but to make sure that in the gameplay demonstrations they would be able to show what they wanted you to see they decided to script the AI (so canned AI AFAICU).

Avellon

Metal Gear Online will also be playable but I guess that's not as big a deal as its already been played in beta.

jett

D-Member
I'll be watching that trailer, spoilers be damned. Some of the latest MGS3 trailers seemed like they were showing too much, but in fact they weren't really. This will be the same I bet. I just hope it's a well edited trailer with different scenes(MGS3-style) from the game. Lately MGS4 trailers are nothing but one or two uninterrupted cut-scenes.

TheJollyCorner said:
:lol .

also, would you guys be mad if Sony/Konami decided to charge for the MGS4 playable demo? Like $4.99, but with the length of the MGS2 demo?

Well, we all payed $49.99 for the MGS2 demo back then.

tanod

when is my burrito
jett said:
I'll be watching that trailer, spoilers be damned. Some of the latest MGS3 trailers seemed like they were showing too much, but in fact they weren't really. This will be the same I bet. I just hope it's a well edited trailer with different scenes(MGS3-style) from the game. Lately MGS4 trailers are nothing but one or two uninterrupted cut-scenes.

Me too. Pretty much everything that comes out in trailers isn't going to make much sense unless it's viewed in the context of the game.

Chrono

Banned
I'm watching the trailer. There's no way I could hold off until release. I didn't see the bosses trailer in high quality from PSN because it was the same damn area we've seen 50 times and was so bored. This however will be the final one, the real one. Bit by bit it's going to be spoiled via the internets, so why not watch it. Besides, if kojima is fine with the trailer he's releasing, who am I to say it'll spoil the game? He's the one designing the game and cutting the trailer, If it does ruin some of the surprise then I'll blame kojima fit.

Top Bottom