• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon DS revealed (no details yet) AND Trading Card Game announced

I'd rather see Mistwalker turn Lost Odyssey (I,II,III,IV,V,VI) into their new Final Fantasy... with a new world, theme and cast of characters each time... but, whatever.

jarrod

Banned
I wonder who's making it... Artoon again?

If MGS/MW were smart, they'd nab the DQMJ team at TOSE and use that engine...

Haunted One said:
What?

Now that really came out of nowhere.

Right when I read the thread title it reminded me of a Mistwalker interview from a while back... can't remember the details, but I do remember something about branching BD out on multiple platforms(maybe just a handheld) as a franchise.

CTsceneforest.JPG

...here's hoping this is the look they're going for :D :D :D

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
-WindYoshi- said:
I'd rather see Mistwalker turn Lost Odyssey (I,II,III,IV,V,VI) into their new Final Fantasy... with a new world, theme and cast of characters each time... but, whatever.
Yeah that totally can't happen now so just forget about it. I expect BDDS to dominate Sakaguchi's time and resources for the next 6 years at the minimal.

duckroll

Shaheed79 said:
Yeah that totally can't happen now so just forget about it. I expect BDDS to dominate Sakaguchi's time and resources for the next 6 years at the minimal.

No, it's coming out in 2010. BELIEVE!

gkryhewy

Great news! DS is the new SNES re: RPGs. Maybe Shane and that marble mouth they had on last week will like it (Blue Dragon) now.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Great, now there's a DS version for a game that wasn't that great on 360 to begin with.

thetrin said:
Great, now there's a DS version for a game that wasn't that great on 360 to begin with.
I'm on Disc 3 right now, it's not the best rpg ever, but definitly not bad, either.

This game is no way a 6.0 or 7.0 like some U.S reviews rated it, it's a minimum 8.0 IMO, that's if you hated the story/characters, it's easily a 9.0 game for me.

I hope it does well on DS.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
L0st Id3ntity said:
I'm on Disc 3 now, it's not the best rpg ever, but definitly not bad, either.

This game is no way a 6.0 or 7.0 like some U.S reviews rated it, it's a minimum 8.0 IMO, that's if you hated the story/characters, it's easily a 9.0 game for me.

I hope it does well on DS.

I don't know if you're trying to convince me or something, but I DID play the game...when it came out in Japan. I didn't like it. I don't just make impressions basd on what 1up tells me.

Shaheed79 said:

Not saying it won't happen, in fact, it's actually more likely in my opinion to happen with LO than BD, it's just that tMistwalker has already confirmed that they plan to branch BD out as a franchise, and with LO they haven't.

I see LO being more popular in the end, so I personally believe it will happen, we just have to get through the next few years.

Prine

Banned
great move. Push this franchise to DS crew, promote the franchise so the next 360 BD will gain from the extra attention

duckroll

ethelred said:
What? :(

That's the whole reason I'm interested! Wonder what it is if not an RPG.

Card game.

Again, don't take this as gospel truth, it could very well be Mistwalker's next big RPG for the DS.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Haha!

And people were telling me I was crazy for suggesting that Mistwalker should have never made the game exclusive to 360 to begin with and should have aimed at making it multiplatform, specifically PS2/Wii/DS, and how it would have been huge new brand because they could have managed to get the anime show launched at the same time as the games' releases!

"No, Blue Dragon wouldn't exist if it wasn't for MS!" yeah right! The "father of Final Fantasy" would have been able to get the backing he needed. But he made a bad business move and is now going to correct it.

Glad to see the series won't die out in the end.

Top Bottom