• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Hellaiced said:
I had this exact same issue on my 360 TE the other night. I simply unplugged the stick from the system and plugged it back in. It was good as new. I thought the same thing that you did but for some reason it worked just fine after re-plugging it in. Haven't had any issues since then either and its been a few days. Try re-plugging it in and making sure that all of your connections are tight on the outside as far as break-away cable and stuff. Good Luck.
Static shock?

Nabs

donkey show said:
So... the wifey and I have pushed ourselves further in front of the line to get into hell. What started out as a joke ultimately became the final product.

I present to you the... .
:lol :lol great work

Dreavus

donkey show said:
So... the wifey and I have pushed ourselves further in front of the line to get into hell. What started out as a joke ultimately became the final product.

I present to you the...

http://daviddino.com/pedostickte1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://daviddino.com/pedostickte2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://daviddino.com/pedostickte3.jpg[IMG]

I'm going to reprint it again, line it up right this time, and fix that damn triangle button, but man do I love this art we made. The guy @ kinko's started laughing his ass off when he opened up the file before he printed it out.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god :lol :lol

Davidion

Pedo joke aside, that's actually one of, if not THE most well made modding jobs in terms of design that I've seen.

Very, very nice...and fucking hilarious. :lol

Davidion

Ok, Akihabara is open again so I'll be buying my replacement stick. Should I be buying the LS-56-01 or regular ls-56 as a HRAP3 replacement? I know the -01 should be the one that comes with the fitting 5-pin connector but I've seen people mention the regular ls-56 as well.

I REALLY don't want to order the wrong stick again.

Davidion said:
Ok, Akihabara is open again so I'll be buying my replacement stick. Should I be buying the LS-56-01 or regular ls-56 as a HRAP3 replacement? I know the -01 should be the one that comes with the fitting 5-pin connector but I've seen people mention the regular ls-56 as well.

I REALLY don't want to order the wrong stick again.
Save yourself the trouble and get an 01. That's what I have in my HRAP3.

And thanks again everyone! Glad the Pedostick TE turned out a lot better than I thought it would have. :D

Hellaiced

Freshmaker said:
Static shock?

Its possible but I don't think so. Hardwood floor being like 7 feet away from the TV and playing on XBL. Just all of a sudden RK and KKK stopped working. We were playing SF4 so it wasn't like MVC2 with heavy mashing or anything like that. Hopefully it was just a random incident. I played on it again last night for a couple of hours and still no issues.

Pedostick is definitely bad ass. Congrats on the hard work put into it.

_dementia said:
donkey show, can you mount Seimitsu sticks on an HRAP3 without modifying the mounting plate?
Only the 56 mounts perfectly. The only really nitpicky issue is that it sits just slightly lower than the stock JLF (which a bat top corrects easily). With a 32 and any other one, I believe, you have to do some significant modding on the plate to get it to fit.

It's kinda like how my LS-32 mounting plate fit perfectly on the TE, but on my other TE I had to drill holes into the JLF mounting plate to get my 56 to fit.

Mileena

Banned
Anyone wanna tell me the proper way to hold a balltop while using charge characters? My execution is so inconsistent with charge but it's fine with scrotos and such.

donkey show said:
Only the 56 mounts perfectly. The only really nitpicky issue is that it sits just slightly lower than the stock JLF (which a bat top corrects easily). With a 32 and any other one, I believe, you have to do some significant modding on the plate to get it to fit.

It's kinda like how my LS-32 mounting plate fit perfectly on the TE, but on my other TE I had to drill holes into the JLF mounting plate to get my 56 to fit.

Thank you. Man, what was the purpose of Hori limiting the user's options with the HRAP3? HRAP2 let you mount an LS-32 without any issues.

corkscrewblow said:
Anyone wanna tell me the proper way to hold a balltop while using charge characters? My execution is so inconsistent with charge but it's fine with scrotos and such.
Call me captain obvious, but the "proper way" is the way that is most comfortable and functional for you.

Mileena

Banned
_dementia said:
Call me captain obvious, but the "proper way" is the way that is most comfortable and functional for you.
Thank you captain obvious but every way I've tried holding the ball for charging is just inconsistent as fuck. Maybe I'm just terrible.

Linkhero1

A few weeks since I got my TE stick and I still can't do a dragon punch properly :lol

I can do it slowly but when I'm in a match I fuck it up trying to do it fast.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Linkhero1 said:
A few weeks since I got my TE stick and I still can't do a dragon punch properly :lol

Do you know the shortcut? Very easy on a square gate:

instead of:
F, D, DF + P

you should just do:
DF, DF + P

Having said that, I hope they remove it (or at least tighten the input window) for the next iteration.

_dementia said:
Thank you. Man, what was the purpose of Hori limiting the user's options with the HRAP3? HRAP2 let you mount an LS-32 without any issues.
Dunno. Probably just wanted to be asses about the whole thing and force people to pay for their SE sticks if they wanted an LS-32 with no hassles... which is far and few between in the HRAP3 line.

DF, DF motion is your friend.

buffi

Banned
You might as well close the thread because nobody can top donkey show :)

The astro city reference in the second picture is amazing.

Linkhero1

jon bones said:

instead of:
F, D, DF + P

you should just do:
DF, DF + P

Having said that, I hope they remove it (or at least tighten the input window) for the next iteration.
I forgot to mention I'm using Octagonal Gate, but I might switch back and stick with square gate.

Edit: I never knew about shortcuts until now. Any other ones I should know? Like for 360 moves?

buffi said:
You might as well close the thread because nobody can top donkey show :)

The astro city reference in the second picture is amazing.
Haha, I'm glad someone caught it. :D

Edit: I never knew about shortcuts until now. Any other ones I should know? Like for 360 moves?
I don't know all of them, but with 360's you can go like this...

F, DF, D, DB, B, UB + P

Essentially less than a 270. That's the easiest way to pull off standing 360s.

jon bones said:

instead of:
F, D, DF + P

you should just do:
DF, DF + P

I don't think they'll remove it, because that shortcut has been around since Alpha 3 and SF3. It couldn't hurt tightening the window to like, 3S level. I often get EX seimo or EX sky falling or teleport, or whatever when I want Ultra.

Baron

Spiderjericho said:
And Akihabara is closed again because of the volume of orders. Guess I'm going to have to wait to swap out the boot leg Sanwa parts in my PS3 SE.

I didn't believe you until I went to check - and yup, closed again. That's crazy. I was up late last night and was conflicted about whether I should set my alarm to get up first thing this morning to place an order. Ultimately I did - I dragged my bleary butt out of bed and placed one around 9:30...and I'm glad I made it in. I also ordered a few extra bits this time so I wouldn't be stuck waiting for the next round. That was a good call.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Got my lizardlick owner, sanwa + battop ftw :D~
11b6yae.jpg

vgot1f.jpg

robot

Baron said:
I didn't believe you until I went to check - and yup, closed again. That's crazy. I was up late last night and was conflicted about whether I should set my alarm to get up first thing this morning to place an order. Ultimately I did - I dragged my bleary butt out of bed and placed one around 9:30...and I'm glad I made it in. I also ordered a few extra bits this time so I wouldn't be stuck waiting for the next round. That was a good call.

u got pm

Donkey Show...PLEASE tell me that you posted your stick over on SRK!!!

Oh and I think my buttons from akihabara shop arrived today, but I've got a wedding to go to on Saturday. Add the fact that my fiance wants to go clothes shopping (for said wedding) tomorrow night, so I don't know when I'll get the chance to mod my other HRAP3...

h3ro

Mattlikewhoa said:
Donkey Show...PLEASE tell me that you posted your stick over on SRK!!!

Yeah, he did... and then a guy scolded him, telling him that in Germany, Pedo is short for Pedophilia. Many lulz were had. Thatsthejoke.gif was posted.

h3ro

A Twisty Fluken said:
At least that site hasn't jumped the shark.

Yep, great site. I joined last year just so I could checkout the Custom Arcade Stick thread. Don't have anything to contribute myself, as all I got is an EX2 with a Bat Top... :p

h3ro said:
Yeah, he did... and then a guy scolded him, telling him that in Germany, Pedo is short for Pedophilia. Many lulz were had. Thatsthejoke.gif was posted.

HAHAHA That's amazing!!! :lol I'm heading there now...

Oh and I DID get my buttons today. I think I might mod my stick tonight:D

MrMephistoX

Tiduz said:
Got my lizardlick owner, sanwa + battop ftw :D~
11b6yae.jpg

vgot1f.jpg

Nice! I just got my standard real arcade pro 3 for my Bday and luckily got in before Akihabara shop closed down. Speaking of which I actually bought a Semitsu stick so when arrives let me know if any of you would like to purchase the SANWA stick that came stock with the real arcade pro from me for $30

warthog

Anyone knows whats up with Hori FS3 delivery? I've ordered 1 from amazon.uk 19th february, but I'm still waiting. They had an estimated date of dispatch, but not anymore now. I hope they get some in stock soon. Bought it at 37£ incl. shipment, not bad imo so I don't feel like cancelling the order yet.

Halvie

Banned
MrMephistoX said:
Nice! I just got my standard real arcade pro 3 for my Bday and luckily got in before Akihabara shop closed down. Speaking of which I actually bought a Semitsu stick so when arrives let me know if any of you would like to purchase the SANWA stick that came stock with the real arcade pro from me for $30

Your semitsu stick isn't going to fit in a hrap3.

Yes Boss!

MrMephistoX said:
Speaking of which I actually bought a Semitsu stick so when arrives let me know if any of you would like to purchase the SANWA stick that came stock with the real arcade pro from me for $30

Huh?

You might be asking a bit much for that stick.

MrMephistoX

Yes Boss! said:
Huh?

You might be asking a bit much for that stick.

Oh...I was going off of a flat $25 for the stick + $5 for shipping based on the prices at lizardlick.

As for Semitsu I thought that one would simply have to rotate the PCB in order for it to fit?
Seimitsu LS-32-01

"As for Semitsu I thought that one would simply have to rotate the PCB in order for it to fit?
Seimitsu LS-32-01"

That's only for the Fightsticks. If you want a Seimitsu in a HRAP3 you need to get a LS-56-01 with the VF mounting plate. I think LS-40-01 and LS-55-01 will both fit as well, but they don't come with the plate.

MrMephistoX

Teknopathetic said:
"As for Semitsu I thought that one would simply have to rotate the PCB in order for it to fit?
Seimitsu LS-32-01"

That's only for the Fightsticks. If you want a Seimitsu in a HRAP3 you need to get a LS-56-01 with the VF mounting plate. I think LS-40-01 and LS-55-01 will both fit as well, but they don't come with the plate.

DOH! Thanks for the heads up maybe they'll be able to switch it out or cancel that part of the order and keep my lovely violent buttons :( I can probably get used to the Sanwa it just feels a bit loose compared to my co-worker's Semitsu mod.

Baron

MrMephistoX said:
...keep my lovely violent buttons...

Well, I suppose in the context of being used for fighting and shooting games, any buttons could be construed as being instruments of violence. ;)

Mileena

Banned
Wow I'm enjoying this octagon gate far more than my square gate. Even with charge characters I'm not doing any miss inputs like I was all last night using square. Buffalo headbutt -> ultra is MUCH easier with the octagon and I'm not sure why. Haven't missed it once. I think I might be getting better with this stick finally!

MrMephistoX

Baron said:
Well, I suppose in the context of being used for fighting and shooting games, any buttons could be construed as being instruments of violence. ;)

Freudian slip? Violet is a lovely color though regardless :D

AFreak

Banned
Ok, I got some money for my birthday, and well I bought a Fightpad for 360(got one for 40 shipped, so said why not), but I'm willing to sell it if I can make a great Arcade stick for around $100 or $120. Mostly want it for SF4 and Genesis Ultimate Collection(can't stand the 360 D-Pad).

However, I have never made anything electronic in my life besides putting together my PC, and then I had a friend help plus it was pretty easy...this seems hard and just want to know what you guys think a good stick should be like?

EDIT: Want to make this for 360, but if there is a way that I can make a stick work for the PS3 and 360, I wouldn't mind trying to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom