• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananimus

Tiduz said:
my lizardlick order just shipped, ordered 19th feb, so anyone else who ordered around that time should be getting an email soon id imagine.
That's good to hear. I'm still waiting on my Feb. 19th confirmation. Getting arcade parts has been a somewhat frustrating experience...

OniLee

Bananimus said:
That's good to hear. I'm still waiting on my Feb. 19th confirmation. Getting arcade parts has been a somewhat frustrating experience...

If you are waiting for a JLF stick, you may be waiting for a while. I just got this email from Lizard Lick:

Your order has not shipped, due to the world-wide shortage of JLF joysticks. What we are offering our customers is to substitute the JLF with a Seimitsu LS-32-01, or we can ship your order without a joystick and refund you back the cost of the JLF. I apologize for the inconvenience, Sanwa has actually run out of JLF's at the source, and we are not expecting to see any more until April. In an attempt to get caught-up on our orders, we will not be holding back orders with JLF's. We can ship the LS-32-01 with Sanwa tops to match your Sanwa buttons, and will also refund you back for any accessories that you ordered for your JLF, if you wish. Please indicate how you would like to proceed with your order by replying to this email directly...

Thanks,

Chad
www.lizardlick.com

Bananimus

OniLee said:
If you are waiting for a JLF stick, you may be waiting for a while. I just got this email from Lizard Lick:

Your order has not shipped, due to the world-wide shortage of JLF joysticks. What we are offering our customers is to substitute the JLF with a Seimitsu LS-32-01, or we can ship your order without a joystick and refund you back the cost of the JLF. I apologize for the inconvenience, Sanwa has actually run out of JLF's at the source, and we are not expecting to see any more until April. In an attempt to get caught-up on our orders, we will not be holding back orders with JLF's. We can ship the LS-32-01 with Sanwa tops to match your Sanwa buttons, and will also refund you back for any accessories that you ordered for your JLF, if you wish. Please indicate how you would like to proceed with your order by replying to this email directly...

Thanks,

Chad
www.lizardlick.com
Yeah. I already subbed my JLF order with the LS-32-01. I'm just waiting for shipping notification at this point.

donkey show said:
While waiting on the wifey to work on my art for my stick, I grabbed a sharpie and took matters into my own hands for a temp.

pedobearstickte.jpg
I almost spit lemonade all over my computer

:lol

vissione

Banned
I got my Sanwa buttons, balltop, and plugs from Lizardlick finally.

DSC00140.JPG

DSC00141.JPG

DSC00143.JPG

DSC00144.JPG

I was going for a VSHG kinda look... which it actually does resemble (phone camera flash and terrible lighting made the metal sheet look a lot brighter than it really is.

DSC00146.JPG

robot

Baron said:
I finished up the rewiring of my first Hori Wii stick. I modded this stick about 2 months ago - it was my first stick mod and I was happy with it at the time, but after doing a second one, my skills had progressed so much that the first looked positively amateurish, so I decided to re-do it. Also, I was bored. It's not completely finished yet, as you can see, I am going to put green Sanwa button plungers in the white button "rims", but all shops have stopped taking orders for now and it has to be put on hold until they accept them again. -_-

I need to place a quartet of rubber feet-stoppers on the bottom plate, the screw heads protrude and will scratch whatever surface it is set upon. Not a big deal, as I use these smaller Hori sticks as lap sticks, but all the same it will be done. I also need to place some plastic washers in between the plate and the screw posts. That will be done this weekend.

I cut and installed a new piece of lami-flex plexiglass to fit on the bottom in place of the original metal plate to both show off the wiring work and also to solve the problem of the PCB shorting out against the plate. This took forever. If you don't have the patience and all you have is a dremel tool like me, don't bother, it literally took 2 hours of sanding to get it where it fit properly.

Would you consider modding other peoples (mine) wii sticks? I'd like to get some sanwa parts in there but dont have the time/patience for it. But I do have money!

Davidion

Mattlikewhoa said:
WOOT! My order from akihabarashop has shipped. They are changing the order format for future orders.

What's your PO number, or range, if you don't mind me asking? I'm almost 2050 and my progress still shows as processing. :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
donkey show said:
While waiting on the wifey to work on my art for my stick, I grabbed a sharpie and took matters into my own hands for a temp.

pedobearstickte.jpg

ahahahahahahahah :lol :lol :lol :lol that's awesome

CPS2

Yeah the 2nd batch must be ready, I ordered as soon as Lizardlick were taking pre-orders. Play-asia might start shipping soon as well.

Davidion

Well, here goes my first broadside. Apparently, my research didn't uncover that LS-32s can't be installed in HRAP3s. *smacks forehead* Off I go to try to swap out the joystick that probably already shipped. :(

If the order can't be changed, would anyone want to buy a brand new LS-32 straight from Akihabara? No gouging.

Davidion said:
Well, here goes my first broadside. Apparently, my research didn't uncover that LS-32s can't be installed in HRAP3s. *smacks forehead* Off I go to try to swap out the joystick that probably already shipped. :(
Yeah it's a shame.

HRAP2s are much more versatile in that regard.

dfyb

Banned
routing_mount_placed.jpg

currently i have a seimitsu stick and love it. but when i go to play at tournaments, they most likely have sanwa style sticks so my execution gets ugly. i want to order a sanwa stick when the shops start taking orders again. i should be able to swap them out without changing the panel, right? slagcoin seems to have done it --

panel8.jpg

pcb7.jpg

any complications i may run into?

and what 360 sticks aren't sold out?

i played with an x arcade stick at frys today and holy SHIT i LOVE it. square and octogates suck so bad its not even funny. it uses HEAVY springs (so heavy that the stick literally snaps back into place if you let it go) and full 360 degree motion. after playing with it i soooooooooo wanna just build my own stick. they have parts on the cheap at xgaming.com too. you can get 2 stick modules and a shitload of buttons for like $40. http://www.xgaming.com/arcade_parts.shtml

who would be the comparable american arcade part manufacturer? would it be happ? man going back to control with no restrictive angles was like heaven. too bad the x arcade isnt 360 compatable.

LuCkymoON

Banned
MobiusPigeon said:
i played with an x arcade stick at frys today and holy SHIT i LOVE it. square and octogates suck so bad its not even funny. it uses HEAVY springs (so heavy that the stick literally snaps back into place if you let it go) and full 360 degree motion. after playing with it i soooooooooo wanna just build my own stick. they have parts on the cheap at xgaming.com too. you can get 2 stick modules and a shitload of buttons for like $40. http://www.xgaming.com/arcade_parts.shtml

who would be the comparable american arcade part manufacturer? would it be happ? man going back to control with no restrictive angles was like heaven. too bad the x arcade isnt 360 compatable.
you should just buy real HAPP parts if you like the feel of the X-Arcade. Or did they stop using knockoffs?

LuCkymoON said:
you should just buy real HAPP parts if you like the feel of the X-Arcade. Or did they stop using knockoffs?

so it is happ? i may give it a go. the thing is i have no skills at all as far as stick building, soldering, circuitry goes. i may be better off on the cheap with these parts for now if i were to actually try it.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Finally settled on my artwork.

MadCatzFightStickTE_PanelTemplateco.jpg

Took me forever cutting and pasting all the individial cards. The font sucks, I know that, but anything else terrible that I should consider killing myself over?

Momar

aka Ryder
QUICK QUESTION:

Seimitsu LS-56-01, ordered from Lizard Lick (i.e. it comes with the VF Mounting Plate): Will this fit in my HRAP3 worry free?

leehom

Ryder said:
QUICK QUESTION:

Seimitsu LS-56-01, ordered from Lizard Lick (i.e. it comes with the VF Mounting Plate): Will this fit in my HRAP3 worry free?
Another quick question, do I want the LS-32 or LS-32-01 for the MadCatz SF4 SE Fight stick?

I've asked a few times and haven't received an answer yet ):

Momar

aka Ryder
leehom said:
Another quick question, do I want the LS-32 or LS-32-01 for the MadCatz SF4 SE Fight stick?

I've asked a few times and haven't received an answer yet ):

32-01; they're the same exact stick, except the -01 has a 5-pin connector, which is what the MadCatz stick uses.

hwateber

MobiusPigeon said:

eh, I'd stay away from x-arcade. If you like the feel of american parts go for a MAS stick.

Halvie

Banned
Selling some stuff. Only taking paypal. US buyers only.

A bunch of stick parts:

dark blue mesh top ball

2 x 24mm Sanwa dark blue snap in buttons

1 x GT-Y octo-gate

2 x 30mm button plugs

all these parts for $20 shipped

Davidion

Halvie said:
Selling some stuff. Only taking paypal. US buyers only.

A bunch of stick parts:

dark blue mesh top ball

2 x 24mm Sanwa dark blue snap in buttons

1 x GT-Y octo-gate

2 x 30mm button plugs

all these parts for $20 shipped

Sent you PM about trade.

Also, putting up my brand new Seimitsu LS-32 up for sale here.

mYm|17|

I finally got my 360 TE stick from Amazon today..............about damn time.

Looks purdy and will test it out when I get home with it later

Kccitystar

I know that this is a huge thread, but I'm looking to build my own arcade stick, but since I'm completely new at this, all I know is where to purchase buttons, a PCB and the sticks themselves. I don't know where to find cases or anything like that though.

Where can I buy such materials to build the casing?

Baron

robot said:
Would you consider modding other peoples (mine) wii sticks? I'd like to get some sanwa parts in there but dont have the time/patience for it. But I do have money!

Sorry, missed your post earlier, sandwiched as it is among giant arcade stick images.

But - yeah, sure, I'd consider modding other's Wii sticks. I actually have every tool necessary - soldering iron, rotary cutting tool, big tool-box full of lots of fun steel tools, stuff that, if one didn't have already, you'd probably have to pay a fair outlay of cash to acquire, possibly making these stick mods an unworthy endeavor.

It's a fun thing for me to do as well, so honestly money's really secondary, but that's not to say I'd do it for free. :p

Send me a PM if you're interested.

dankir

I finally got my TE stick today, after ordering it December 28th!!!

Bout damn time, i've become pretty good with the 360 controller though :S

Time to relearn everything :)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
FUCKKKKK

2 buttons on my TE went out last night. Hard Kick and KKK (which I never even press).

Debating if I should call them and use the warranty or open it up and try to fix it myself... It's probably just a couple loose QD's.... :/

Linkhero1

jon bones said:
FUCKKKKK

2 buttons on my TE went out last night. Hard Kick and KKK (which I never even press).

Debating if I should call them and use the warranty or open it up and try to fix it myself... It's probably just a couple loose QD's.... :/
ruh roh

jon bones said:
FUCKKKKK

It's still under warranty. Call customer service. I didn't risk getting adventurous with mine (though the whole PCB crapped out in my situation - lol madcatz).

Still, I think it's odd two buttons would stop working as a result of loose QDs, and happening at the same time. That can't be common. It could be the circuit board.

mYm|17|

Tried out the TE stick last night and man does it feel great. My hands sit comfortably on the stick and it just feels comfortable in general. The buttons feel great and are very responsive, as I barely have to press them and something will come out.

After playing with the SE stick for a few days, which is modded with a JLF and Sanwa buttons, I still prefer the TE stick.

Hellaiced

jon bones said:
FUCKKKKK

I had this exact same issue on my 360 TE the other night. I simply unplugged the stick from the system and plugged it back in. It was good as new. I thought the same thing that you did but for some reason it worked just fine after re-plugging it in. Haven't had any issues since then either and its been a few days. Try re-plugging it in and making sure that all of your connections are tight on the outside as far as break-away cable and stuff. Good Luck.

So... the wifey and I have pushed ourselves further in front of the line to get into hell. What started out as a joke ultimately became the final product.

I present to you the...

pedostickte1.jpg

pedostickte2.jpg

pedostickte3.jpg

I'm going to reprint it again, line it up right this time, and fix that damn triangle button, but man do I love this art we made. The guy @ kinko's started laughing his ass off when he opened up the file before he printed it out.

CPS2

wow :lol

edit: quoting for new page...

donkey show said:
So... the wifey and I have pushed ourselves further in front of the line to get into hell. What started out as a joke ultimately became the final product.

I present to you the...

pedostickte1.jpg

pedostickte2.jpg

pedostickte3.jpg

I'm going to reprint it again, line it up right this time, and fix that damn triangle button, but man do I love this art we made. The guy @ kinko's started laughing his ass off when he opened up the file before he printed it out.

Awntawn

donkey show said:

I present to you the...

http://daviddino.com/pedostickte1.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://daviddino.com/pedostickte2.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://daviddino.com/pedostickte3.jpg[/IMG

I'm going to reprint it again, line it up right this time, and fix that damn triangle button, but man do I love this art we made. The guy @ kinko's started laughing his ass off when he opened up the file before he printed it out.[/QUOTE]
You sir, are amazing.

Awntawn said:
You sir, are amazing.
I wanted to make GAF proud. :lol

On the technical side, I threw in an extra JLF spring into my LS-32-01 for extra springy action. The stick literally snaps back into the dead zone. Plus I added some tape to the actuator in order to shorten the throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom