• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alright, I'll see if the PCB could fit with the analogs still there.

Also, rather then clip the wires off the plug, is there anyway I could just put in a second plug into the first and solder or glue wires into the second plug?

memecomplex said:
Dear arcade stick gurus, what is the difference between the sanwa stick used in the Virtua Stick High Grade and the one in the new HRAP3? When I tried it, it seems that the stick feels ever so slightly sharper on the HRAP3 and slightly duller on the VSHG. I thought they were both the same stick?

Thank you!

The spring on the VSHG could have been worn in more (asumming the HRAP is brand new).

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
gokieks said:
I was able to cancel my TE order from them maybe a week and a half or so ago. They should be able to let you cancel it - I just requested it from the online CS contact form.
That's what I tried but they wouldn't let me. Did you use Paypal?

Also my Amazon order for my TE stick just shipped, 10 days ahead of time.

Sh0k

Well, after 3 weeks of waiting, I canceled my order with LizardLick. It was going to take around two more weeks to ship, it was too much time. Nice thing is that I got an answer really quick about my cancellation and an e-mail from PayPal with the refund.

I will buy from them in the future when all this SFIV craze slows down.

gokieks

NameGenerated said:
That's what I tried but they wouldn't let me. Did you use Paypal?

Also my Amazon order for my TE stick just shipped, 10 days ahead of time.

No, I used credit card for the Capcom order. Pretty sure people who used PayPal were able to cancel too though, if you go back and check older posts.

Akim

Banned
WOW

Just got my tournament edition in the mail. The box is super nice. I can't open it because I don't really think I can afford it. Tempting though.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
MarkMan I want you to know that I am 50-15 in HDR since I got my TE. Thanks, lol. I won't discuss my SF4 record, it's not nearly as impressive. :p

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
_dementia said:
uh MarkMan...

My TE (360) stopped working. I have used it only twice and it's bone stock, no tampering.

WTF....

That sucks. Sorry to hear about your experience... best thing to do at this point is to contact tech support, let them know the situation so they can have a record of this issue. They'll definitely help you out quickly.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Is it usual for a HRAP EX to flake out when you swap buttons? (Just put in new Seimitsu buttons.) I couldn't get the stick to turn the 360 on after I closed it up. Powering on the 360 seemed to clear up whatever issues were going on, but it still seems weird that the stick would flake out in the first place.

toneedo

Neo Member
Heres some pictures of my recent fightstick 360 TE mod with ps3 cthulhu board. Putting the cthulhu board right next to the TE board keeps the wires very short and clean. My 360 TE Fightstick is now 360/PS3/PC compatible.

Yes Boss!

toneedo said:
Heres some pictures of my recent fightstick 360 TE mod with ps3 cthulhu board. Putting the cthulhu board right next to the TE board keeps the wires very short and clean. My 360 TE Fightstick is now 360/PS3/PC compatible.

Is there a comprehensive guide online on how to do this mod? I'd like to do that with my PS3 TE.

Davidion

Anyone's order just shipped from Akihabara this past Monday? According to their site, orders #1874 - 1944 should have shipped then.

Now I'm just getting antsy.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Davidion said:
Anyone's order just shipped from Akihabara this past Monday? According to their site, orders #1874 - 1944 should have shipped then.

Now I'm just getting antsy.
I got an email on Saturday saying they'd shipped my stuff. Got it Tuesday. (My order was in the 1700's tho.)

toneedo

Neo Member
Yes Boss! said:
Is there a comprehensive guide online on how to do this mod? I'd like to do that with my PS3 TE.

Yes, all cthulhu board comes with a printout guide to help you solder. Every point on the board is clearly marked as well as the points on the TE stick. Very easy to do if you have some basic soldering skills. Since your going from ps3 TE to xbox360, you would need a 360 cg board instead of a cthulhu.

dankir

Well the TE stick I ordered on December 28th via Amazon was finally delivered to my cousins in Boston so he's gonna overnight it to me and I should finally have the bloody thing.

My 3 other pre orders from various ebgames in Montreal were delayed.. AGAIN! until the end of the month, I haven't even seen a fightpad in stores either.

MarkMan where's the love for Canada?

Spasm

DaCocoBrova said:
Quick question:

Do I remove/desolder the rumble motors from the PCB or leave it attached?
I used the same PCB and I just snipped the wires to the rumble motors.

Protip: Do NOT take apart the trigger assembly like I did. It was murder trying to get them back to neutral.

Woohoo:

33xkaxf.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Spasm said:
I used the same PCB and I just snipped the wires to the rumble motors.

Protip: Do NOT take apart the trigger assembly like I did. It was murder trying to get them back to neutral.

Ruh-oh!

I am interested in dual modding my PS3 hori FS3. Is this a fairly simple procedure? I have some wire and a 360 pcb. What else would I need besides a soldering iron?

MarkMan said:
That sucks. Sorry to hear about your experience... best thing to do at this point is to contact tech support, let them know the situation so they can have a record of this issue. They'll definitely help you out quickly.
I spoke with a rep this morning and they're sending me postage to ship the stick back to them for repairs. It seems to have happened to two others at SRK, so I don't think it's isolated. Please keep us informed.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=178793

Sanjay

Been a good 3 weeks of having the TE stick, its been been fine until recently with getting this strange movement feeling, when moving the stick left and right, it gets stuck after long period of playing but mainly just messes my charge moves up. When you press the stick all the way to the left or right, you hit the end, but if you apply a bit more pressure it like goes in deep even more.

Is this the documented Joystick getting stuck/caught, washer problem?

Ledsen

Sanjay said:
Been a good 3 weeks of having the TE stick, its been been fine until recently with getting this strange movement feeling, when moving the stick left and right, it gets stuck after long period of playing but mainly just messes my charge moves up. When you press the stick all the way to the left or right, you hit the end, but if you apply a bit more pressure it like goes in deep even more.

Is this the documented Joystick getting stuck/caught, washer problem?

That's an SE problem, not TE.

leehom

I was at my cousins house last night and he owns the HRAP3 and MadCatz TE. Although I didn't feel the TE was worth $150, I do now. I can't really explain it, but it feels better and it's easier for me to control my character with the TE.

HRAP3 = A
TE = A+

Btw, I own a HRAP3 with Sanwa buttons and I still prefer the TE over it.
I'm going to purchase a SE and mod it with Seimitsu parts soon. Hopefully the Seimitsu SE will feel better than the HRAP3/TE to me, otherwise I'd waste $100+.

andymcc

Banned
_dementia said:
I spoke with a rep this morning and they're sending me postage to ship the stick back to them for repairs. It seems to have happened to two others at SRK, so I don't think it's isolated. Please keep us informed.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=178793

i just sent mine to madcatz a week or so ago for it randomly becoming disconnected when it was still physically connected. apparently some others had that problem too.

NameGenerated

Received my TE stick from Amazon today, it's really fucking nice. The buttons are so responsive and miles ahead of those junk in the SE stick. Overall it's so nice that I don't feel like I should have it since I'm not that great at the game. :lol

Baron

NameGenerated said:
Received my TE stick from Amazon today, it's really fucking nice. The buttons are so responsive and miles ahead of those junk in the SE stick. Overall it's so nice that I don't feel like I should have it since I'm not that great at the game. :lol

From what you posted earlier, it sounded like you were getting rid of that stick. Did you change your mind?

NameGenerated

Baron said:
From what you posted earlier, it sounded like you were getting rid of that stick. Did you change your mind?
No, I'm getting rid of the Capcom store one I have coming. I ordered 2 to make sure I got at least 1 :p

Tiduz

Eurogaime
my lizardlick order just shipped, ordered 19th feb, so anyone else who ordered around that time should be getting an email soon id imagine.

Baron

I finished up the rewiring of my first Hori Wii stick. I modded this stick about 2 months ago - it was my first stick mod and I was happy with it at the time, but after doing a second one, my skills had progressed so much that the first looked positively amateurish, so I decided to re-do it. Also, I was bored. It's not completely finished yet, as you can see, I am going to put green Sanwa button plungers in the white button "rims", but all shops have stopped taking orders for now and it has to be put on hold until they accept them again. -_-

I need to place a quartet of rubber feet-stoppers on the bottom plate, the screw heads protrude and will scratch whatever surface it is set upon. Not a big deal, as I use these smaller Hori sticks as lap sticks, but all the same it will be done. I also need to place some plastic washers in between the plate and the screw posts. That will be done this weekend.

I cut and installed a new piece of lami-flex plexiglass to fit on the bottom in place of the original metal plate to both show off the wiring work and also to solve the problem of the PCB shorting out against the plate. This took forever. If you don't have the patience and all you have is a dremel tool like me, don't bother, it literally took 2 hours of sanding to get it where it fit properly.

wii2_rewire_sm.jpg

And, for the organized amongst you, a bonus shot of the parts cases I bought to organize my growing pantheon of stick and button parts. I like organization.

parts_organized.jpg

Davidion

Baron said:
I finished up the rewiring of my first Hori Wii stick. I modded this stick about 2 months ago - it was my first stick mod and I was happy with it at the time, but after doing a second one, my skills had progressed so much that the first looked positively amateurish, so I decided to re-do it. Also, I was bored. It's not completely finished yet, as you can see, I am going to put green Sanwa button plungers in the white button "rims", but all shops have stopped taking orders for now and it has to be put on hold until they accept them again. -_-

I need to place a quartet of rubber feet-stoppers on the bottom plate, the screw heads protrude and will scratch whatever surface it is set upon. Not a big deal, as I use these smaller Hori sticks as lap sticks, but all the same it will be done. I also need to place some plastic washers in between the plate and the screw posts. That will be done this weekend.

I cut and installed a new piece of lami-flex plexiglass to fit on the bottom in place of the original metal plate to both show off the wiring work and also to solve the problem of the PCB shorting out against the plate. This took forever. If you don't have the patience and all you have is a dremel tool like me, don't bother, it literally took 2 hours of sanding to get it where it fit properly.

And, for the organized amongst you, a bonus shot of the parts cases I bought to organize my growing pantheon of stick and button parts. I like organization.

parts_organized.jpg

Holy...now I know who to harass to sell me spare joystick parts if I ever need it. :lol

Nice work on the mod, btw. I doubt I'd have the patience to work a piece of plexiglass like that for a joystick mod.

besiktas1

Hi guys I need help...

I have a hori ex2 stick and I have decided I want to make it wireless.

I have a spare 360 wireless pad but have no idea how to go about it.

Also is it a big job cos I'm a newbie to this sort of thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom