• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crazy Wal-Mart deals on preorders (SSBB $20, DMC4 $40, etc)

gkryhewy

These may be canceled, but WalMart does have a history of honoring mistakes. Credit to CAG:

SSBB $20:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6527131&sourceid=35343330411815755716

DMC4 360 $40:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5996610&sourceid=35085614903098620702

HAZE PS3 $30:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6527031

Burnout Paradise 360 $40:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7080024

There are others - these are just some of my highlights.

solid2snake said:
i hate to be european :(

We do get screwed a lot of prices. USA has rebates and stuff, and mega deals at certain times of the year. We don't get shit, ever.

On the otherhand, we're tolerant of boobies.

It's a close call.

gkryhewy

solid2snake said:

Europe has beautiful cities, towns, and villages... and castles! We have endless drive-thru fry pits (EDIT: and fucking Wal-Marts :lol ). Take heart, you win!

gkrykewy said:
Europe has beautiful cities, towns, and villages... and castles! We have endless drive-thru fry pits. Take heart, you win!

meh, we do have beatiful cities, i give you that. but we have to pay 50€ in 2009 for SSBB :lol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
solid2snake said:

6xjxfyq.jpg

Z_Y

Thanks for the heads up!

Ordered Smash Bros. Not holding my breath on getting that price but it was worth the effort. If nothing else it will give me a reason to call and complain to somebody.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Maybe these prices are a reflection on how much interest they feel they can earn between now and what they believe to be the actual release dates based on their inside information.

Evander

"industry expert"
Brawl is ordered SO HARD.

I want to know what the others are, though.

Dear Evan Rosenberg,

Thank you for your order. Your order number is 267730315XXXX.

Order Details

We have received your order and have begun to process it.
Items Shipped to an Address

• You will receive another email when we ship your order.
• If you ordered multiple items, your order may ship in separate packages; we'll send a separate email for each shipment.
• Check the status of your order anytime:
https://www.walmart.com/cservice/ph_limiteddetail.gsp?order_id=267730315XXXX
• If you are paying by credit card, we will not charge your credit card until your order ships.
• If you are paying with Bill Me Later®, we will not charge your Bill Me Later account until your order ships.

Ship to: Evan Rosenberg

XX Street Name Street
City Name, MD XXXXX Shipping Method:
Standard Shipping

Items Qty Price Gifting Options

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii
Will arrive between Wednesday, 02/20/08, and Friday, 02/22/08 1 $19.82

Order Summary

Order Date: 11 JAN 2008 07:05 AM
Order Number: 267730315XXXX

Subtotal: $ 19.82
Shipping: $ 1.97
Tax: $ 1.19

Order Total: $ 22.98

Credit Card: $ 22.98
Billing Information

Credit Card Information:
VISA: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX
Billing Address:
Evan Rosenberg
XX Street Name Street
City Name, MD XXXXX

Canceling an Order
Once an order has been placed and confirmed, it cannot be canceled. Please remember that you can return a product in accordance with our Returns Policy if you are not satisfied. For more information, please read our Cancellation Policy.
Help
If you have questions about or problems with your order, please visit Ordering in Help.
Sincerely,
Customer Service at Walmart.com
http://www.walmart.com

ArtG

Ordered Brawl, even though I'm not the biggest SSB fan. For $20 bucks, doesn't really matter. They either cancel it, or if I hate it, I can re-sell it on Amazon or something. Nice find.

this obviously isn't gonna happen. but count me in for brawl

edit: shit, I'm gonna buy 3 copies and hope to resell 2 for profit

edit2: yep, I did 5. the page "could not be found" right as I hit submit order! I used a gift card and the balance was still intact, verifying that the transaction did not process. I ordered again and got the confirmation # this time

Hunahan

Banned
That Smash Bros price seems particularly hard to believe, eh.

I only clocked in my order for one just in case, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be torn down by the first guy who uses that quantity calculator to try and print money.

"I'll take 250 copies of Smash Bros at $20 a piece, please."

Anyways, thanks for the head's up.

Evander

"industry expert"
X26 said:
You could trade those into EB for more than that couldn't you?

smash will brobaby be worth 25~35 (more w/edge card)

the others won't be worth more than fourty.

But yeah, buy a bunch of smash and trade them all in (one at a time) to build up massive free credit.

edit: this is different from deal scalping, because you are allowing others in your community to ALSO get the game for a cheaper (albeit not AS cheap) price, by having more used copies available right after launch.

Ephemeris

ordered DMC4 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Wish It could have been the PS3 version of Devil may cry, but for $20 less.. I'll take it. o_O

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ordered Brawl. It'll be great if they honor it, but it says I won't receive it til about 2/20. That wait is gonna suck.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I was going to hold off and buy these when my backlog shrank a bit....but this kind of deal only happens once in a lifetime and these prices are...INNNN-SAAAAAAAANNNEEE!!!!

Plus, fuck Wal-Mart. They lose money on these things.

In for:
SSBB
Turok
DMC4
Burnout: Paradise

dionysus

Yaldog
If they honor this I just got 2 games for less than the price of 1, Brawl and Haze. I want the ps3 version of DMC4 unfortunately.

Evander

"industry expert"
Oh, wow.

I just found this while looking through their game prices.

PLEASE tell me that this is real:

0089672600100_500X500.jpg

Kolgar

So they've turned around and NOT honored these things in the past?

How do they do that?

What do you do then, just take the games back to the store for a refund?

Top Bottom