• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday $30 1y PS+ deal confirmed for Amazon, GS, BB, TRU, Walmart, & Fry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

gryz

Banned
what's the deal with amazon making you re enter your payment info for the digital codes? kindof annoying and keeps preventing me from actually ordering

Mr.Fresh

I got Kindle Fire HD for $100
Beyond for $34
World War Z
Pacific Rim
Goodfellas blurays all for $7

Edit: oh and a year of PS+ for $30

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Question:

How does Playstation Plus work in regards to free games. I want Shadow of the Colossus but will there be a turnover period where that game is no longer available? And, if there is, when is that turnover? December 1st?
They usually replace 1 game every Tuesday. SotC will stick around for at least a few more weeks if not months. Dragon's Dogma will be the next game replaced with something else on Dec 2nd.
So what is the deal with this whole waiting until the buy a 12- month get 3 months free thing? How does this work? Just redeeming a code when the sale is active on psn? It seems like you'd have to buy a code directly from Sony in that case.
That's how they handled it this year.

No word yet on whether they're doing it again the same way next year, but it doesn't hurt to save a few codes for it if you already have an active sub or bought multiple subs today.

wizzbang

Banned
Try redeeming my Amazon code online, get "This Prepaid Card cannot be redeemed on a PC". Try it on my PS4, it shows that the code is for 1 year of PS+, loads for a bit, and then either errors out or goes to the main PS4 menu.

Check my services, still no year of PS+. Annoying. Here's hoping the code hasn't been invalidated or something through all this...

This is still kicking in for me :/

wizzbang

Banned
No word yet on whether they're doing it again the same way next year, but it doesn't hurt to save a few codes for it if you already have an active sub or bought multiple subs today.

Wait.
I have 5 codes I haven't managed to redeem, all sourced from Amazon today.
Are you telling me I could get a bonus 15 months if I redeem them at a different day from today?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wait.
I have 5 codes I haven't managed to redeem, all sourced from Amazon today.
Are you telling me I could get a bonus 15 months if I redeem them at a different day from today?
Yes. That's of course assuming they have another 12+3 promo in the future (they've had at least one every year since PS+ started).

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Change your billing address to a phony US address and it should allow you to purchase it. I used Delaware as they don't pay tax.

I used New Jersey when buying my two Plus codes, and I hope that Christie uses that $4 on a good cause. ;)

wizzbang

Banned
Yes. That's of course assuming they have another 12+3 promo in the future (they've had at least one every year since PS+ started).

So my Amazon codes would work? That's madness, seems logical to just put one in now and hold off on the remaining 4?
Seriously? Has anyone done this before?

jsrv

When do the amazon codes actually expire? I read some people saying anywhere from 10 years to end of this december lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So my Amazon codes would work? That's madness, seems logical to just put one in now and hold off on the remaining 4?
Seriously? Has anyone done this before?
They should work if they handle it the same way they did it this year. And yes, I would strongly advise people to hold on to any spare codes if they already have an active sub. As for people doing it before, I think this year might have been the first year they counted retail cards for the promo and the cards would rarely get discounted below $40 prior to this deal so it didn't matter much if you bought a sub from PSN or retail.

When do the amazon codes actually expire? I read some people saying anywhere from 10 years to end of this december lol
There would be a big fat warning on Amazon if the codes expired this year. I wouldn't worry about it.

jsrv

Oh jesus seriously? end of Dec = bad! - who said that?

A post from either reddit or amazon I don't remember.. Unfortunately no one seems to be certain. I wish Sony would be clear what the expiration dates are if they have any on these codes.. I think the physical versions have expiration dates written on the back

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
A post from either reddit or amazon I don't remember.. Unfortunately no one seems to be certain. I wish Sony would be clear what the expiration dates are if they have any on these codes.. I think the physical versions have expiration dates written on the back

When I bought mine - it says, and I quote, "The promotion code must be used by December 31, 2013. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions."

For reference, it was from Amazon via email confirmation.

When I bought mine - it says, and I quote, "The promotion code must be used by December 31, 2013. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions."

For reference, it was from Amazon via email confirmation.

That's most likely the promotional Video Rental code you got for the purchase. I don't believe that's talking about the PS+ code, I got the same thing.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
That's most likely the promotional Video Rental code you got for the purchase. I don't believe that's talking about the PS+ code, I got the same thing.

Oh, that makes sense. I was thinking that the end of the month (essentially) expiration date for a one-year subscription to a service seemed a little extreme.

Josam27o7

Neo Member
I used New Jersey when buying my two Plus codes, and I hope that Christie uses that $4 on a good cause. ;)

Yes, he will send it right over to his corporate buddies -- they need to have several mansions! Christie puts on a tough guy act and then feeds money to the rich. It's hilarious deception. The Americans fall for it.

danthefan

I STILL can't redeem my code. I'm not getting an error this time, I just enter the code and then the PS4 immediately exits the PSN Store and returns to the dashboard.

What the hell is going on?

I STILL can't redeem my code. I'm not getting an error this time, I just enter the code and then the PS4 immediately exits the PSN Store and returns to the dashboard.

Exact same for me on PS4..Vita boots me to my download list. They need to fix this yesterday..

Why can't EU PSN have similar deals? :/

Kazuo Hirai doesn't care about European people.

kanye-west-katrina-telethon.jpg

I'm having the same issue, as are a lot of us. Bear with Sony. They'll work it out.

Probably had more demand for PS+ than they thought (and the European launch couldn't have helped either!).

Ekushiria

Neo Member
Seems like the PS+ voucher redemption system is working for some people now. I just activated my code purchased from amazon using my Vita.

jwhit28

1 year PS+ code worked on PS3 just now after getting "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid" all morning.

Try it now people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom