• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday $30 1y PS+ deal confirmed for Amazon, GS, BB, TRU, Walmart, & Fry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chorazin

I got 17 dollar cards

PS+ doesnt deserve 60 bucks

specially if you dont play online 24 7

Yeah, $5 a month for all those free games is a terrible deal. Rolleye.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy to get Plus on sale, but even at full price it's a great deal.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Yeah, $5 a month for all those free games is a terrible deal. Rolleye.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy to get Plus on sale, but even at full price it's a great deal.

What free games on PS4? If you have all platforms it is worth it, but I am worried that the PS4 is not going to have much for free outside of Resogun and Contrast for a while.

Chorazin

What free games on PS4? If you have all platforms it is worth it, but I am worried that the PS4 is not going to have much for free outside of Resogun and Contrast for a while.

I find it silly to not have at least a PS3 by now, even if you're mainly a 360 or PC person the system has enough exclusives to warrant a purchase. And with Plus dropping multiple free games a month as well its a fantastic value.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Amazon gave me two $5 credits on Instant Video when I bought two years of PS+. With the $10 credit, I just got Django Unchained for free.

yeeaaah

mohuerta

Tried entering the code from GS yesterday on PS4 and just kept getting kicked out of PS store.
This morning kept getting error.
Just tried it now and worked. Now waiting on 2 more cards from BB.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Don't Starve, Driveclub PS+ Edition, Outlast, Secret Poncho's, and The Binding of Isaac Rebirth are all scheduled to come out next year. They're also doing a Killzone MP Weekend the weekend after Christmas.

The retail games are going to be limited for at least the first year, but you should see a lot of PSN stuff. Also hoping that PS+ will work with Gaikai.

But yeah, if you only have a PS4 and don't plan on playing online, it's not going to be a great value in the first year.

fred

Looks like the PSN servers have recovered from the bashing they got from Sony releasing the PS4 in Europe on Black Friday lol. Just sorted out my free games:

PS Vita - Soul Sacrifice
PS Vita - Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
PS Vita - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
PS Vita - Wipeout 2048
PS Vita - Gravity Rush

PS3 - ibb & obb
PS3 - Bit Runner 2
PS3 - Hotline Miami
PS3 - Telltale Games Poker Night
PS3 - Binary Domain
PS3 - Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
PS3 - XCOM : Enemy Unknown
PS3 - LittleBIGPlanet Karting
PS3 - Galaga Legions DX
PS3 - Star Wars Pinball

PS4 - Resogun
PS4 - Contrast

Do they always have that much going for free each month..? Or do they have stuff on there for a few months and gradually add more stuff to the list, replacing older stuff..? That seems like an awful lot!

I could also have added Uncharted 3, ICO and Shadow Of The Collossus but I already own those!!!

I only own a PS3 at the moment but am getting a PS4 next year sometime and might get myself a Vita at some point. Am definitely taking advantage of this next year if Amazon do the same thing!

majik13

Looks like the PSN servers have recovered from the bashing they got from Sony releasing the PS4 in Europe on Black Friday lol. Just sorted out my free games:

PS Vita - Soul Sacrifice
PS Vita - Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
PS Vita - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
PS Vita - Wipeout 2048
PS Vita - Gravity Rush

PS3 - ibb & obb
PS3 - Bit Runner 2
PS3 - Hotline Miami
PS3 - Telltale Games Poker Night
PS3 - Binary Domain
PS3 - Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
PS3 - XCOM : Enemy Unknown
PS3 - LittleBIGPlanet Karting
PS3 - Galaga Legions DX
PS3 - Star Wars Pinball

PS4 - Resogun
PS4 - Contrast

Do they always have that much going for free each month..? Or do they have stuff on there for a few months and gradually add more stuff to the list, replacing older stuff..? That seems like an awful lot!

I could also have added Uncharted 3, ICO and Shadow Of The Collossus but I already own those!!!

I only own a PS3 at the moment but am getting a PS4 next year sometime and might get myself a Vita at some point. Am definitely taking advantage of this next year if Amazon do the same thing!

all of those are still free downloads for ps+? Even Shadow of the Colussus? I only grabbed Dragons Dogma.

fred

Yup, they're all available. Or at least they were a few hours ago. I was really surprised which was why I was asking about the way they add new titles to the list. There's an absolute shitload there.

Ogawa-san

5~7 of those that are rotated every month, these are the ones from november. The rest is more or less fixed and always available, but they'll eventually be rotated out too.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

They rotate at least 1 game out every week and replace it with something new. During a month they hand out something like 3 PS3 games, 2 Vita games, and 1 PS4 (nothing in December for PS4, but Don't Starve is coming Jan 7th).

This is what the Summer 2012 - Spring 2013 selection included:

N7Gfh3O.jpg

Not cheaper (no AiV credit), but Walmart is still selling some cards for $30

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-Play...-PSN-Playstation-Network-PS3-PS-Vita/15743210

Ah, is that the actual physical card? Probably best I get digital code only, as well... I don't live in the US... cough cough

Pretty sure every PS user here on gaf bought more than one $30 PSN+ code.

Well, if there's a Gaffer with a spare PS+ code they don't want, I'll buy it from them for $30 :) Can paypal ASAP.

Phreak47

So, my saga went as follows... ordered two codes from Gamestop just after midnight (Amazon was late getting the deal up, it seemed). Whatever, same price, tax free. Finally got one of the two codes at 11:05am yesterday, but the second order was "open" all day. I was getting nervous because it was getting close to midnight and I wanted to be sure I at least got the two years. So, I say screw it, at 11:50PM I go to Amazon and order one more. Cool bonus, I had a $5 credit I wasn't aware of. $24.99. Of course, Amazon gave me my code right away no problem, unlike Gamestop's horrid delays.

Finally I get up this morning, Gamestop sent me the second code, and I was able to redeem all three. $85 for three years. I'm satisfied.

Also by pure luck, switching to an annual made my expiration day land on my birthday. Easy to remember.

fred

Blimey, cheers for the replies guys. Looks like it's miles better value than I thought. Pretty unbelievable that PlayStation Plus is giving this sort of stuff away with a subscription and Microsoft are taking the piss with Halo 3 and Gears Of War 1.

Geneijin

Ah, is that the actual physical card? Probably best I get digital code only, as well... I don't live in the US... cough cough

Well, if there's a Gaffer with a spare PS+ code they don't want, I'll buy it from them for $30 :) Can paypal ASAP.
Ah, sorry about that. I didn't know. But I have a PS+ code I could sell to you though.

I wonder how this will shape the PS4 online community? I'm guessing PS4 online gamers in the future will be stereotyped as the smart, thrifty kids who hate DRM policy. Lol

UNCMark

Banned
I wonder how this will shape the PS4 online community? I'm guessing PS4 online gamers in the future will be stereotyped as the smart, thrifty kids who hate DRM policy. Lol

If my Killzone multiplayer matches are any indication, it's just like XBL.

Both of my codes were accepted by the Redeem Code option on the PS4 store, btw. Locked in until 2018.

I still can't get my codes to work. Got one from Amazon and two from Gamestop, none work. Tried redeeming on the PS3 and PC.

PS+ free expiring titles won't disappear until Tuesday, right? Better have this shit fixed before then.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Amazon code says it expires December 31, 2013. I am waiting til close to then to see if they offer another 15 for 12 months promo to redeem for maximum coverage.

Codes don't expire do they?

I snagged one off Amazon and I'm not ready to cash it in yet as I won't have time to really dive into the IGC any time soon.

edit: Oh shit ^

Andvary

Amazon code says it expires December 31, 2013. I am waiting til close to then to see if they offer another 15 for 12 months promo to redeem for maximum coverage.

That's the expiration date for the $5 Video Credit they give away for your purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom