• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday $30 1y PS+ deal confirmed for Amazon, GS, BB, TRU, Walmart, & Fry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
NOTE: THIS DEAL IS ONLY FOR NA PSN. YOU CANNOT REDEEM THESE CODES ON A EU PSN ACCOUNT, THEY WILL ONLY WORK ON A NA PSN ACCOUNT.

Also be aware you cannot redeem these vouchers on the SEN website, you have to use a PS3, PS4, or PSV to redeem them. Due to all the BF deals and the Euro PS4 launch PSN is very wonky at the moment so Sony has temporarily disabled code redemption. If you tried redeeming a code earlier today and got an error you can go to your Services List to confirm whether or not the redemption went through. There should be a PS+ sub listing if it went through successfully.

PS3 Services List: PSN -> Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Services
PS4 Services List: Settings -> PSN -> Account Information -> Services List
Vita Services List: Store Bubble -> Detail Bubble -> Services List

UPDATE 9: Walmart.com is live.
Walmart just updated their online price to $30

But it charges shipping + tax

Chose store pickup and used a $10 credit from the pricing fiasco to order it for $22

UPDATE 8: CSR is saying the $30 SEN Store ad on PS.com is a mistake.

I just got off the phone with US PlayStation customer support...they said that there will be NO discount through the PSN/SEN store...

the website is "confusing" and the CSR said he "expects lots of calls" about this today....but that you must buy the codes/cards through outside retailers to receive $29.99

The PS Blog seems to back up the CSR. The weekend SEN deals don't list the PS+ deal.

LU1dDML.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/22/black-friday-deals-for-ps3-ps-vita-and-ps-plus/

UPDATE 7: Finally live at Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RMK5QG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

UPDATE 6: Newegg is live. SOLD OUT

UPDATE 5: BB.com is live. Seems to be physical cards, no in store pickup.

UPDATE 4: Groupon is also offering the deal: Back in stock!

UPDATE 3: GS.com deal is live.

UPDATE 2: Sony might be carrying the deal via the PS Store. No word yet on when the PS Store will be updated with the offer.
FYI, you might be able to do this directly through Sony.

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation_plus_new/

UPDATE:
According to some GAF members

All the Wal Mart BF deals are live in store and they've already bought PS+ subs.

so check your stores!
Just bought 8 at walmart, no limits

The old thread didn't list which retailers are carrying the deal so I figured this deserved it's own thread.

http://us.playstation.com/black-fri...1127_US&pos=b&linkname=pscomwa_b&psu=11604563

FAQveqf.png

PS Plus

There will also be a special Black Friday deal for PlayStation Plus at select retailers nationwide. Pick up 1 year of PS Plus for only $29.99* — that’s 40% off the regular price of $49.99. With PS Plus, you’ll get new games every month with Instant Game Collection. You’ll also get access to online multiplayer on the PS4 system. Best of all, one membership will cover you across your PS4, PS3, and PS Vita… for just $29.99* on Black Friday only.*Limit 2 per person, per purchase. Offer valid 11/29/13 only, while supplies last.

Amazon's offer will be for online codes and it comes with a $5 credit you can use on their video store. The deal goes live at 12AM PST/3AM EST.

t1385712000z4.png

Fry's will be selling them in store only, but you can order online Thursday and pickup Friday. Limit 1 per person.

There will also be a deal available in Canada. I'll update the OP with details when I see them:
PS.CA has said nothing for Canada. US PS+ codes will work on a Canadian account though, so you can snag an Amazon code and use it with a CA PSN account.

I should also point out that if you're buying multiple subs or stacking on top of an existing subscription that you should hold off on redeeming the codes till the next NA PS+ 15 months for 1 year promo. The last time they ran the promo retail cards qualified for it so if they offer it again next year you could be getting 15 months for $30 if you save your BF codes for it.

Omiee

is an online code version available as well i want to buy 2 cards.

if not can somebody get me a card and i will paypal you 60 dollars

Bii

Is it possible for this to "sell out" on Amazon?

Yes, Amazon can run out of codes. It's happened to other online codes such as PC serials, Microsoft points, Xbox Live codes, etc.

I imagine t won't be too difficult to get them once they're live since there's a limit of 2 per person.

I'll get mine from Amazon. I usually end up buying at least one show per season via their on-demand service so that $5 is like 2 free episodes and a song.

Majmun

$29,99 is crazy for the amount of content it offers.

Especially when you own a Ps3, Ps4 and a Vita.

Gurish

Does Amazon sends the PS+ code VIA E-mail or we must wait for a physical card delivery?
Because if it's physical only I'm not sure they are sending for other countries outside of the US and i wont be able to enjoy the sale :(

Killthee

These cards can only be redeemed in the US I pressume? Or do we Europeans get some PS+ love?
US for sure and I think they might also work for Canadian accounts but I'm not 100%. They definitely won't work on Euro or Asian accounts though.
Is amazon deals starting at midnight or Thursday night like elsewhere?
No idea. My guess is it'll probably be a lightning deal.

Mesharey

So I got $5 from their promotion for PS4 games, buy 2 get 1 free, will I get another $5 when I buy the PS+?

I will buy one for 11/2014 >.>

Killthee

any word on the Target + subs for 20 bucks? or am i imagining things.
The lowest I've seen it other than the Target typo a few years back is the $28 subs Fry's is offering. If you can get me a source for $20 sub at Target I'll add it to the OP.

I guess the 2 per person limit will also apply to Amazon as well, right? In any case, I'll be stopping a few Gamestops and Best Buys. 6-8 should be enough

Killthee

Are this cards region locked.

Yes, they'll probably only work on NA accounts.
I guess the 2 per person limit will also apply to Amazon as well, right? In any case, I'll be stopping a few Gamestops and Best Buys. 6-8 should be enough
I'm assuming Amazon will also be 2 per person since they're listed on the Sony advert and the PS blog said 2 per person. You can probably use different accounts to purchase some more if you're fast enough.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
This might be a dumb question but can I buy a card on BF and then redeem it 4 months later when I get a PS4? Or is there a limited window for redemption once purchased?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom