• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday $30 1y PS+ deal confirmed for Amazon, GS, BB, TRU, Walmart, & Fry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
This might be a dumb question but can I buy a card on BF and then redeem it 4 months later when I get a PS4? Or is there a limited window for redemption once purchased?
The retail codes have an expiration date. I think it's 1 year so you should be good if you're planning to redeem it next year.

Persona7

Banned
This might be a dumb question but can I buy a card on BF and then redeem it 4 months later when I get a PS4? Or is there a limited window for redemption once purchased?

You can redeem the code on the PSN website and then build up free games so when you get your PS4 you will have 4 months of plus games.

harSon

Banned
I guess I'll end up doing both PSN and XBL after all. I refused to pay for both services, and went with XBL due to friends being on that platform, but I can stomach 29.99 for a year.

Might be another stupid question but for us europeans, would it possible to create a new PSN account and sign up for the american store (is that even possible?). And if so, PS Plus is a system wide thing right?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yes, you can do this.

The retail codes have an expiration date. I think it's 1 year so you should be good if you're planning to redeem it next year.

Thanks for the info.

You can redeem the code on the PSN website and then build up free games so when you get your PS4 you will have 4 months of plus games.

I was thinking about that. I do have a PS3, so it might pay off to start plus immediately. I just can't think of any PS3 games I want but haven't played.

2beep

Banned
Might be another stupid question but for us europeans, would it possible to create a new PSN account and sign up for the american store (is that even possible?). And if so, PS Plus is a system wide thing right?

yea you can create accounts for all stores, you then need to activate your ps4 as the primary on that new usa account to get psplus for all other accounts on that ps4 (but im not sure if this really works, like usa psplus shared with eu account on same console)

and for amazon you need a us address to buy digital stuff

Killthee

I'm in for 4, that will put me at 2019 and PS5 will be coming out.

How many years can I stack?
I don't know if there's a limit. I know some people have subs expiring in 2018 and I remember one guy saying his sub was good till 2020.

PS+:

O9oX9Nn.jpg

hehe

Yes you can make a new US account and yes the games/PS4 MP are system wide. Cloud saves and discounts will only work on the PS+ account.

PS Plus

There will also be a special Black Friday deal for PlayStation Plus at select retailers nationwide. Pick up 1 year of PS Plus for only $29.99* — that’s 40% off the regular price of $49.99. With PS Plus, you’ll get new games every month with Instant Game Collection. You’ll also get access to online multiplayer on the PS4 system. Best of all, one membership will cover you across your PS4, PS3, and PS Vita… for just $29.99* on Black Friday only.*Limit 2 per person, per purchase. Offer valid 11/29/13 only, while supplies last.

ku-medium.gif

i'm in. hoping the next years bbf sales will have this too.

yea you can create accounts for all stores, you then need to activate your ps4 as the primary on that new usa account to get psplus for all other accounts on that ps4 (but im not sure if this really works, like usa psplus shared with eu account on same console)

and for amazon you need a us address to buy digital stuff

so probably not worth the risk then

I don't know if there's a limit. I know some people have subs expiring in 2018 and I remember one guy saying his sub was good till 2020.

Yes you can make a new US account and yes the games/PS4 MP are system wide. Cloud saves and discounts will only work on the PS+ account.

So if I do bother to go through the risk of buying it there, will the discounts really affect me? I've never really had plus so I'm not sure if it would make a real difference to me working on my normal account. I guess if theres any deals and such, i can download through the american account and play in my euro account no?

Question: Does anyone here think it's worth it to get PS+ if they only have a Vita (yeah, I know)? I had it for 3 months when I first got my Vita, but actually disliked the part where I don't own games because it almost felt like it put time pressure for me to finish games instead play them at my own pace.

Question: Does anyone here think it's worth it to get PS+ if they only have a Vita (yeah, I know)? I had it for 3 months when I first got my Vita, but actually disliked the part where I don't own games because it almost felt like it put time pressure for me to finish games instead play them at my own pace.

Absolutely. Vita alone has had some great choices the past few months. Right now Soul Sacrifice is free. Uncharted GA was free at one point. It will only get better.

Nakazato

Anyone know if PS4 will be getting new PS+ games for Dec?

secret ponchos iirc

Yes !

R0ckman

Look like I can pick some up at Best Buy tomorrow since my wife wants to do the Black Friday thing for an iPad. Glad there is a point to me going.

Pachimari

Okay. I love in Europe and will have a EU PS4 and PSN account.

Can I buy 3 digital PS Plus codes (is there a 2-year limit?) from Amazon US and redeem them all for my PSN account?

And how many hours till the deal? I'm in the time zone of Spain and Scandinavia and such.

Cess007

I think my Plus expires in like 90 days, might as well grab this deal, got 2 or 3 years and redeem them when they're giving those extra months with a renewal :)

Killthee

So if I do bother to go through the risk of buying it there, will the discounts really affect me? I've never really had plus so I'm not sure if it would make a real difference to me working on my normal account. I guess if theres any deals and such, i can download through the american account and play in my euro account no?
You'll have to use your US account to purchase discounted games which means you'll need to purchase some US PS wallet money via a third party like Amazon or Paypal, but once that's done you'll be able to play them on your main EU account.

If you don't care about the discounts or the cloud saves you can just ignore them and only use the US account for the free PS+ games.

Kspraydad

Banned
Going to Walmart tonight and hiding 2 cards behind the feminine products....waltz in on Friday with no worries about snagging them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom