• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You know what's shocking? That people are posting things that have nothing to do with games! SHOCKING!

The Hermit

jman2050 said:
The funny part is that this directly correlates with the map in Super Metroid (and later Zero Mission to a degree), where in the beginning you move through the destroyed ruins of Mother Brain's old chamber and take an elevator down to what was the start of the original game, with the morph ball safely sitting in the exact same spot to the left.

That´s true... well said.

Mandoric said:
mreblw.jpg

zlw800.jpg
Wario Ware Smooth Moves:
wware.gif

I've read through the entirety of this truly entertaining thread, and to me, the only real mindblowing thing is the fact that people exist that couldn't see Big Goron Sword, Miles per hour, and Diddy's Conquest...and so many people too! :lol

Here's one that I found strange.

Ashley Graham in Resident Evil 4. I suspect you've heard her voice before.

She also happens to voice:

Sandy Cheeks from Spongebob Squarepants
Cindy Vortex from Jimmy Neutron
and
Orel Puffington from Moral Orel

I found that list slightly... Odd.

NofrikinfuN said:

and

Add:

'The Boss' in MGS3 is the same voice talent as 'Diane Simmons', the news reader from Family Guy

037.gif

in TP, Ooccoo is the little bird that warps you out of dungeons. 00CC00 is the hexadecimal colour code for the green of Links tunic in the original Zelda.

Mind blown.

Man, voice actors get around. On another tangent...

David Hayter, the voice of Metal Gears Snake, also wrote the screenplays for the first two X-Men movies. I thought that was interesting.

Mamesj

Banned
the voice of one of the kids (the daughter) in Lost Odyssey is the voice of phil and lil in Rugrats.

Sephiroth's full name is Jackson "Robert" Sephiroth

ggnoobIGN said:
I have played through OoT a countless amount of times. How I never noticed this, I will never know.

Biggoron.jpg

It all makes sense now.

oh the sword.

i thought you were refering to the minimap that looks like a sperm.... *shrug*

Jazzem

chubigans said:
There are actually two different kinds of rupees in the whole Zelda franchise. (full credit goes to Xelados Nafshir of Pixelation):

rupee-difference.png

I take it I'm the only one amazed by this? :lol

I've played all of those Zelda games and never noticed! Yet if you were to have shown me a picture of one or the other, I would have easily identified it as a rupee...

TaKeRx

WOW @ thread. My mind asploded. and it began right on the mario cloud-bush thing. I vote this for Thread of the month.

Dascu

Undubbed said:
I don't know if this is a coincidence or whatever but part of the music between a stage in Mega Man and Journey's 'Faithfully' sounds way too damn familiar.

'Faithfuly'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKorl7Ouht0

Elecman Stage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_OxiSoSFR4

edit: Wrong link on that elecman stage if anyone happen to see it
http://remripcapcom.ytmnd.com/

Also, the voice actor for Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes, Robin Atkin Downes, also did the voices for some Tales of Symphonia characters, like Botta. That news might seem silly for some, but to me, it blew my mind.

Don't know if it was mentioned before, but now that you people are mentioning voice actors...

Charles Martinet, the guy who voices Mario (and other characters in the Mario universe) can actually be seen in the movie The Game (yes, the Fincher movie). He plays the father of the main character and you see him at the intro of the movie. He jumps off the roof, commits suicide. That's not a spoiler, is it? Mama mia!

Link Man

Banned
Anasui Kishibe said:
in TP, Ooccoo is the little bird that warps you out of dungeons. 00CC00 is the hexadecimal colour code for the green of Links tunic in the original Zelda.
Now that is cool.

Kirk

Prime Blue said:
Yeah, it would be cool if it were true.

Considering the NES didn't use 24-bit colour, and Hex Triplet notation wasn't really in use before HTML, it's a pretty unlikely statement.

Huggy

woxel1 said:
144Articuno.png

Articuno

140px-145Zapdos.png

Zapdos

140px-146Moltres.png

Moltres

fawltytowers_manuel_124x69.jpg

Basil Fawlty: Ah, Manuel? There is too much butter on those trays.
Manuel: Que?
Basil Fawlty: There is too much butter on those trays.
Manuel: Ah, no senor. No "on those trays"... "uno, dos, tres".

Rydias

Bow's species is known as the Grassrunner clan. Apparently Momo is also a Grassrunner - which would make her not a bunny girl, but a DOG girl. Surprise!

bow.jpg
m2.gif

Rydias

It seems there were lots of changes that Chrono Trigger underwent. For instance:

A lot more area from "1999 A.D." appears in this shot, including more domes:
1999_AD_28CTP29.png

There's a whole other village in Prehistoric times to the right. And just above it is some weird mountain structure:
65000000BC_28CTP29.png

Also, the Epoch was at one time some sort of hovercraft:
Epochb_dn.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
064.jpg

(Kadabra in Germany)

Japanese: Jun Gera ユンゲラー

If you misread the ン (n) to リ (ri): ユンゲラー: Juri Gera, Juri Gella

So now add "spoon" and "mental powers"

sky

I just realized the music used in that crowd-pleasing Zelda E3 '05 trailer is from the Conan the Barbarian Soundtrack. :D

DeadTrees

The tagline in Mortal Kombat 3's attract mode--"There is no knowledge that is not power"--is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson.

lopaz

Banned
NofrikinfuN said:

and

omg now you mention it... she did sound a lot like cindy

Sylar

Banned
People always wonder about Harmonix first "game" The Axe. What most people don't realize is that the entire game is included in Frequency as the "Freestyler" you get when clearing all the tracks.

Frequency was developed initially for the PC first then ported to the PS2. The PC version was coded in Python and all but one file is still available on the PS2 disc.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Huggy said:

You win sir, you win.

KevinCow

Banned
I've always found it sort of interesting that Jen Taylor is a regular voice actor in both Nintendo's biggest series (Mario, as Peach, and various other characters as well) as well as Microsoft's flagship series (Halo, as Cortana).

Huggy said:

omg I love you, that show was classic :lol

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
KevinCow said:
I've always found it sort of interesting that Jen Taylor is a regular voice actor in both Nintendo's biggest series (Mario, as Peach, and various other characters as well) as well as Microsoft's flagship series (Halo, as Cortana).

Well both Microsoft and Nintendo are in Redmond and I can't imagine too many female voice actors in the area.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
jman2050 said:
2h74003.jpg

Mr. Mime

Mind blown?
Incidentally, mime is the Hebrew word for water (or at least the way "mime" was pronounced in the pokemon cartoon).
So in the Hebrew version of pokemon he (it?) was basically called "Mr. Water" which really confused us as kids, seeing that he has nothing to do with water.

Dali

KimiSan said:
Incidentally, mime is the Hebrew word for water (or at least the way "mime" was pronounced in the pokemon cartoon).
So in the Hebrew version of pokemon he (it?) was basically called "Mr. Water" which really confused us as kids, seeing that he has nothing to do with water.
So the entire cartoon was translated to Hebrew except the word "mime"? Is there a Hebrew word for "mime"?

This has probably already been mentioned in this thread but hey.

I'm sure everyone has heard of Rockman but what about:
Roll? Bass? Treble? Blues? Yes they're other characters from the Rockman series.

Top Bottom