• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FABLE 2: Grand Theft Albion-Official info thread

Too much Fable 2 awesomeness getting buried in Gamer day thread. Join me, my brethren in celebrating this soon to be landmark game.

CVG Preview and Interview

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=188692
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=188696
The scale of Fable 2's world is huge compared to the first game. We're sick of mentioning it, but the first thing that came to mind was the jump to GTA IV's Liberty City...

IGN Preview
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/873/873600p2.html
"It will cost you about $100 million to buy everything in Albion."
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/873/873866p1.html
Plant an acorn, grow into a tree

You can also buy dungeons according to PM

POSSIBLE FINAL BOX ART
10g087q.jpg

SCREENS
fable-2-20080502000048489.jpg

fable-2-20080220003908929.jpg

fable-2-20080513085832901.jpg

screenshot_197314.jpg

screenshot_197317.jpg

screenshot_197315.jpg

screenshot_197305.jpg

fable-2-20080513085755214.jpg

fable-2-20080513085823339.jpg

fable-2-20080513085813105.jpg

Please let me know of any updates I may miss so I can add to the OP.

...and to any trolls:

2490562110_4e75734838_o.gif

GTFO

Dorfdad

Gold Member
MIGHT be a reason for me to get a 360 this winter... The first was horrible but Im willing to give it a chance must see more before I fall for these over hyped developers from the past..

NolbertoS

Thought Amazon.com had the final boxart of the game?? I'm hyped for this game. Already pre-orded Fable 2 LE on amazon.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm interested, but keep the hype to a minimum. The first one was destroyed by it's own hype and the hype of others. Lets not have the same thing happen twice.

MMaRsu

Banned
Fable 2 yes yes yes baby I can't wait for this game!!!

I fucking LOVED the first game, I hadn't really followed the first's development cycle, so I did not know much of all the promises that were made and not kept.

I kept myself in the dark and playing it years after it came out, I truly loved it.
It gave me a bit of that Zelda vibe actually, not as polished though, but I'm hoping that Fable 2 will be so so much better than the first one, which was actually a great game.

Also coop is in this one, so that's even better. I can't wait to play this game with a friend on Live and just have massive fun :)

f@luS

More than a member.
Dorfdad said:
MIGHT be a reason for me to get a 360 this winter... The first was horrible but Im willing to give it a chance must see more before I fall for these over hyped developers from the past..
the 1st is an incredible game imho.
I think this one doesnt look very next gen but the art is really great, and i <3<3 fable 1 so i really cant wait.

Kintaro said:
I'm interested, but keep the hype to a minimum. The first one was destroyed by it's own hype and the hype of others. Lets not have the same thing happen twice.

I loved the first, and the second one looks to be better in every way with whats been shown so far. But I agree to an extent.

btrboyev

if they can cut down the split areas with loading and make it persistent...it would resolve all of my issues with the first game.

WrikaWrek

Banned
f@luS said:
the 1st is an incredible game imho.
I think this one doesnt look very next gen but the art is really great, and i <3<3 fable 1 so i really cant wait.

Your on my ignore list now. Seriously you downplay every 360 game in every 360 thread i've entered, i'm sick of your posts.

You stealth troll like it's nobody's business.

FABLE 2 looks amazing btw op, and that CVG interview has some gud shit. This is going to be the game that Fable 1 wanted to be!!!

And this boxart

10g087q.jpg

hawt

f@luS

More than a member.
WrikaWrek said:
Your on my ignore list now. Seriously you downplay every 360 game in eveyr 360 thread i've entered, i'm sick of your posts.

FABLE 2 looks amazing btw op, and that CVG interview has some gud shit. This is going to be the game that Fable 1 wanted to be!!!

And this boxart

10g087q.jpg

hawt
:lol sure sure. From a technical standpoint imho oblivion is pushin' more. But this looks better coz of the art .(or please enlighten me, is it polycount, textures, effects that impress you? or is it the incredible charmin look? that i can understand :) ) In motion fable is somethin else and i finished the 1st one 4 times (2 on xbox 2 on pc) .

Uncle

Stoney Mason said:
Didn't like the first.

Perhaps someone could post why this one will be more appealing in general... (Serious request).

The world isn't a corridor with fences you can't climb anymore for one.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Wasn't a huge fan of the first - mainly because of my high expectations, but I think I'll enjoy this one more since I have low to moderate expectations.

Art style is fantastic.

f@luS

More than a member.
G-Bus said:
Looks good. Love the art direction.

797_0005.jpg

:lol He looks retarded..<3

Would get a 360 for this game.

He does ^^ I hope we will have another uber weapon like in the 1st one (or there were 2 , exactly...one more than the other one though)

FFChris

f@luS said:
:lol sure sure. From a technical standpoint imho oblivion is pushin' more. But this looks better coz of the art .(or please enlighten me, is it polycount, textures, effects that impress you? or is it the incredible charmin look? that i can understand :) ) In motion fable is somethin else and i finished the 1st one 4 times (2 on xbox 2 on pc) .

The lighting in Oblivion has nothing on the Fable 2 lighting, it's fantastic. That's what makes the game look special, not to mention the huge amount of detail in the areas.

Any speculation on what the last BIG feature is? Seems to be related to how everyone plays the story from that CVG interview.

My guess? Instead of a room showing your "fable" at the Heroes Guild you can record and save highlights of how you handle each major plot point in the style of the Halo 3 theater and share them online.

Surreal

Game looks absolutely beautiful. I just hope they do something more with the combat, from what I've seen its pretty basic like the first Fable. Especially with swords and stuff, it feels kind of disconnected. They should totally make it more DMC and NG like, I'm not saying make the combat crazy, its just how the character's feel when you attack. Keep it simple and make it feel good. :)

How big is the world? Oblivion Sized?
Are there side missions and dungeons to explore?
Can you talk to NPCs?

I'm hoping this game will deliver.

Uncle said:
The world isn't a corridor with fences you can't climb anymore for one.

And honestly having that fact confirmed is a real turn-on. The original felt like a bad Zelda (that isn't a knock on the Zelda series which I love) wanna be with all this extra stuff that was sort of pointless. If it's a little more free flowing in design and structure that is immediately more interesting.

Surreal said:
Game looks absolutely beautiful. I just hope they do something more with the combat, from what I've seen its pretty basic like the first Fable. Especially with swords and stuff, it feels kind of disconnected. They should totally make it more DMC and NG like, I'm not saying make the combat crazy, its just how the character's feel when you attack. Keep it simple and make it feel good. :)

From IGN's preview:

Whether you choose to be good or evil, you will have a chance to kill many things. The one-button combat is a bit more complex than originally revealed. X still handles melee, Y is for ranged attacks and B is still for magic. But there's a great deal of customization available to each button.

Experience comes in four colors -- blue, yellow, red and green. These correspond with the face buttons on the controller and for the type of attack, with green being "general" experience. Molyneux promises a considerable number of upgrades and imagines most gamers will only unlock about three-quarters of power-ups by the end of Fable 2.

At the start, you can only mash the buttons. Tapping X gives you some fairly standard sword swipes. But you can add flourishes once you've earned some experience. These have multiple tiers, which are executed by holding the X button down longer. You can also unlock rhythm attacks so you're no longer just mashing a button, but pulling off killer combos with style. You can put blocking on the X button or add context-sensitive attacks that allow you to fight like a swashbuckler. You'll have similar levels of upgrades for ranged and magic attacks. You can unlock a "stream of features" for each button, according to Molyneux.

Teknoman

super-heated plasma said:
The scale of Fable 2's world is huge compared to the first game. We're sick of mentioning it, but the first thing that came to mind was the jump to GTA IV's Liberty City...

These may be the most important words in this entire topic. If its that much of an immersion leap, this will be really nice.

I just really really hope that online co-op is at least 4 players though. 4 is always the optimum number of adventurers for any game.

Also that there is some sort of advanced physics engine at work. And of course some epic battle music thats sorta dynamic depending on how dire the situation is (low HP player, or low HP enemy, etc. Think Skies of Arcadia boss theme).

EDIT: Swashbuckling? Yes please :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
This looks completely and utterly fantastic. Is it going to let you chop off limbs separately? :D Or is this just a finishing move?

Doytch said:
This is probably gonna be locked, but I am getting interested. Gamer's day has me thinking about keeping my 360.
Why would you sell your 360? Are you quitting gaming? :O

Never even played the original, but this one has definitely grabbed me. The game world just looks so interesting to explore.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
This looks like the Project Ego we were promised last generation. I already have the collector's edition paid off. I can't wait.

FFChris

Teknoman said:
These may be the most important words in this entire topic. If its that much of an immersion leap, this will be really nice.

I just really really hope that online co-op is at least 4 players though. 4 is always the optimum number of adventurers for any game.

You're right, a huge free-roaming world is what Fable has always needed.

I doubt you'll get 4 player co-op though, but personally I'm more than happy with single screen 2 player.. extremely happy in fact.

- GTA4
- Fallout 3
- Fable 2
- Brown paper packages tied up with string.

This thread is my new home. I will warn you all now, I do not plan on wearing pants half the time I'm in here. Let's keep the pics and vids coming.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Wow, that do look kind of sweet. The first game never really caught my eye, but this looks interesting.

Quazar

Judging by videos and screenshots I've seen, I'll definitely be immersed in the world of Albion just from an exploring point of view.

It can not be stressed enough how awesome this box art is. I'm not one to display video game posters in my abode, but I would make an exception for this one. The artist who created this is very skilled in his craft.

10g087q.jpg

PURE. UNADULTERATED. SEX.

burgerdog

I loved the first, my only question for this one is: Loading. Do you still go through a loading screen after going into a different area? I'm still getting it if it does, but getting rid of more loading screens is always nice.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
WrikaWrek said:
Your on my ignore list now. Seriously you downplay every 360 game in every 360 thread i've entered, i'm sick of your posts.

Wait. You're just learning this NOW? Duuuude!!! :lol

burgerdog said:
I loved the first, my only question for this one is: Loading. Do you still go through a loading screen after going into a different area? I'm still getting it if it does, but getting rid of more loading screens is always nice.

Read the CVG interview. Or if you don't want to, the thread title and comment in the OP gives you a big clue.

Akira

I watched that new trailer, and while I'm really loving how this game is shaping up, they really need to work on sound effects. The punches/strikes did not have any solid sounds accompanying them which made combat look weird.

Top Bottom