• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FABLE 2: Grand Theft Albion-Official info thread

f@luS said:
:lol sure sure. From a technical standpoint imho oblivion is pushin' more. But this looks better coz of the art .

Fable and Oblivion were like two halves of the perfect game.

Fables combat was much more fun and visceral than Oblivions, it's character customisation was the deepest I have ever seen in terms of visuals (I was genuinely surprised when my second playthrough as a 'pure ranger' ended up with my character being very skinny and getting green camoflage looking skin, compared to my first playthrough where I was completely pale with giant hands that looked as though they were amde from stone), it felt really satifying switching between melee, magic and ranged seamlessly during combat, and I felt like I was part of an actual world - killing people freed up their houses for sale, my deeds were talked about, people remembered my 'name' (arseface, :lol) and reacted to me according to how good /evil I was, and I could make money with trading local produce to further away villages.

On the flipside, the world was very enclosed, and the quests were all quite linear and shallow, which was the complete opposite of Oblivion.

Pretty much everything Oblivion did exceptionally, Fable did horribly, and vice versa.

I seriously can't wait for Fable 2, I have extremely high expectations. It's probably my most anticipated game for the 360 since laucnh to be honest.

Eccocid

will there be a pc versiooon?
i bought Xbox for Fable back then and they released Lost Chapters on PC after 2 months :(...
may get an x360 just for fable 2 again :)

Pug

f@luS said:
:lol sure sure. From a technical standpoint imho oblivion is pushin' more. But this looks better coz of the art .(or please enlighten me, is it polycount, textures, effects that impress you? or is it the incredible charmin look? that i can understand :) ) In motion fable is somethin else and i finished the 1st one 4 times (2 on xbox 2 on pc) .

You enlighting us on what the poly count is and how hi rez the textures are. You pointed out that it doesn't look next gen, you must know. Your posts are full of feint prasie. By the way wouldn't it be wise to ask the developers what type of graphcial tricks they using, and the numbers of poly's they are chucking round? They are quite talkative over at the official fable website.

raYne

I liked the first one even with is shortcomings.

This is the only game coming out this year that I'm looking forward to more in NG2. The art, the designs, the visuals, the gameplay and feature info etc. I'm loving everything about this game. As was said multipe times, that boxart is hot as well. <3

My brother still plays the first from time to time. So he'll definitely love this as well. :D

Foreign Jackass said:
So... no coop, right?
Why wouldn't there be? Unless it's been changed, it was long confirmed that there would be 2 player co-op. With the, "going into the other players world" talk, I'd say that means online co-op only.

KGKK

Banned
Game looks hype. I might get a 360 just for this game. Loved the first one, however it was too short. Hopefully this one has Oblivion like lenght.:D

ampere

Dorfdad said:
MIGHT be a reason for me to get a 360 this winter... The first was horrible but Im willing to give it a chance must see more before I fall for these over hyped developers from the past..
Funny thing is, as disappointing as the first one was, I still loved it :lol
I hope my 360 doesn't die before this comes out ><

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Banzaiaap said:
Who said that 360 wouldnt have a great lineup this year? This game is going to be epic! (Please come out in 2008, pretty please?)
There are even ads on Marketplace now, advertising it for Holiday 08.

C4Lukins

I hope your character can visually become as evil looking as that boxart suggests. There was a pretty nice variation in the first game, but this seems to take it to a new level. I will read the previews now.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Banzaiaap said:
Who said that 360 wouldnt have a great lineup this year? This game is going to be epic! (Please come out in 2008, pretty please?)
The same ppl that claimed 2008 was the year of PS3 (KZ2 delayed). I would still say that the PS3 lineup is stronger to PS3 fans because MGS is too important to some people, however for the general gamer who isnt obsessed about any series, the lineups are even.

I really enjoyed the first fable. maybe because back then i didnt follow games so i hadnt known anything about it before i tried it. My only complaint was the broken up world with loading in between each section. however this one is all open, so im even more hyped

Zophar

godhandiscen said:
The same ppl that claimed 2008 was the year of PS3 (KZ2 delayed). I would still say that the PS3 lineup is stronger to PS3 fans because MGS is too important to some people, however for the general gamer who isnt obsessed about any series, the lineups are even.
Gonna have to disagree, but the 360 offerings definitely look more solid now then they did last week. Fable, Too Human and Banjo, while all promising, none of them are sure deals the same way Gears and NG2 are, to say nothing of the PS3 exclusives coming down the pipe this year. The 360 lineup this year pales in comparison to 2007's.

trmas

Banned
I'm there day one. The first was disappointing, but just because they tried to do too much on the original XBox. This time the vision will be realized (or I'll be disappointed)

But STILL getting it day 1

Fable 2 definitely one of the stars of the 360 lineup.

To people saying the 360 lineup pales in comparison to last year, you are crazy!

This tops 2007 with ease.

clashfan

CowboyAstronaut said:
Fable 2 definitely one of the stars of the 360 lineup.

To people saying the 360 lineup pales in comparison to last year, you are crazy!

This tops 2007 with ease.

I have to agree that 2008 360 lineup is looking better. More variety.

godhandiscen

Pimpbaa said:
Can you be female in this game, or have they cut that again?
They almost cut it, but apparently the female employees at LionHead worked extra hours to make it happen.

verio

As always, the music is great.

godhandiscen said:
They almost cut it, but apparently the female employees at LionHead worked extra hours to make it happen.

:lol Kidding, right?

FrankT

Pimpbaa said:
Can you be female in this game, or have they cut that again?

They cut again? Wow nice. Well considering the showing at GDC had Peter M as a chick in co-op I would assume, no.

Boxart is pure sex.

Does anyone have ANY idea about the game length though? That was my main issue with the original game along with technical issues.

I'm really digging the fairy tale esque art style. It was used in the original but it's coming to life so much better in this equal. The slightly more industrial and... I suppose Victorian or a tad Colonial fashion (and period theme in general) is rather nice, too.

Big fan of the original so, with very realistic expectations again (I never went into the first expecting 'too' much, knowing Molyneux from PC games, which I think helped me enjoy what it actually did do well more), so I'm looking forward to the sequel.

godhandiscen

verio said:
As always, the music is great.

:lol Kidding, right?
I am not kidding you, thats what Peter said in an interview I found in some link.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Few games have had me buzzed this gen. This is one of them.

Holy Christ-cock in beer-batter. I think this will surprise the shit out of everyone.

Can. Not. Wait.

Was disappointed with the first one, but so keen for this one despite that. Something about a world that isn't guns and space marines that is very appealing. Plus hot swapping co-op action is brilliant idea.

Ariexv

Zophar said:
Gonna have to disagree, but the 360 offerings definitely look more solid now then they did last week. Fable, Too Human and Banjo, while all promising, none of them are sure deals the same way Gears and NG2 are, to say nothing of the PS3 exclusives coming down the pipe this year. The 360 lineup this year pales in comparison to 2007's.
Well to be fair 2007's line-up had wildcards as well @ the start of the year....

Amir0x

Banned
The artwork is REAAALLY excellent, I don't like how they interpreted it in the actual game. Wish they could figure out a solution, the actual game is pretty unattractive in comparison.

stotch

Banned
Amir0x said:
The artwork is REAAALLY excellent, I don't like how they interpreted it in the actual game. Wish they could figure out a solution, the actual game is pretty unattractive in comparison.

Needs really good clothes physics to get the big jackets, super baggy pants, and saggy shirt sleaves in the art to wave around and be lighted in game. Gen after this gen gen, or hope for the cape in FFXIII.

Everything about this game points to it being excellent.
Its just a matter of polish/bug fixing from here on out..I can imagine there being a ton in a game this big and ambitious.

Mojojo

i really hope there will be a PC version (I liked a lot Lost Chapters in spite of its flaws), but didn't Peter Molyneux have an anti-pc rant latetly?:(

i won't bother repeating my usual bullshit since i'll just get shot down by short sighted whores again. i'll just say this game has a lot to go to prove itself to me than some nice screenshots.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Was slightly worried about the size and combat, but other than that.. This game looks wonderful. Can't wait.

Top Bottom