• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FABLE 2: Grand Theft Albion-Official info thread

Lostconfused said:
I guess there will be some long term consequence since that seems to be one of the big things in the game, do this and later on it might help you out or bite you on the ass.

Someone's daughter/wife/sister or hell even a rival hero herself that can cause problems for you later on.

Gwanatu T

Dear Lord this game is epic. Every time a new screen is released it looks more epic than the last. I'd say Fable is on my top 5 games of last gen if I'm thinking clearly (which I may not be), and I'm looking forward to this one terribly. What a damned good year for gaming.

P.S.... they need to mirror the evil guy on the bottom of the box art. The gun is on the opposite side of the reflection. Just a nitpick, it's some of the best box art I've seen though.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
GaryD said:
Does anyone else think that this might be a little bit too much to be able to pull off decently?

No, he has acknowledged in the past that it is now time to put up or shut up. They are now a Microsoft first party so they have all the money and the world needed to acquire the talent needed to make this turn out right. I have faith that it will.

PhatSaqs

Banned
fable2screen.jpg

Gorgeous. Looks like a painting.

DiddyBop

i was soooo hyped for the first one,back then i thought it was going to be the game of the forever the way they hyped it up,but then they didnt deliver and i didnt even end up playing the game. this game wasnt even on my radar but i jus decided to stroll through and take a look anyways. wow,the game looks incredible and very detailed,im really feelin the art style and the gameworld is supposedly huge. as long as i keep my expectations low this game should be great.

DiddyBop said:
i was soooo hyped for the first one,back then i thought it was going to be the game of the forever the way they hyped it up,but then they didnt deliver and i didnt even end up playing the game. this game wasnt even on my radar but i jus decided to stroll through and take a look anyways. wow,the game looks incredible and very detailed,im really feelin the art style and the gameworld is supposedly huge. as long as i keep my expectations low this game should be great.

Whether you liked the first one or not, Fable 2 will undoubtedly surpass it in every conceivable way and to quite a large extent I feel.

I very much hated Fable 1. I played it right after finishing Morrowind and the clash was... unpleasant.

But they seem to be fixing everything in the sequel, in particular having a completely open world... this could be something special.

Green Shinobi said:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/873/873866p1.html

Hell yeah. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

Now THAT is the type of example that gives me hope.

This has become my #1 anticipated game for the 360.

Salazar

Fairytales and folk stories with a pitch-black sense of humour = Jim Henson's Storyteller. Take me there, Molyneux.

ElyrionX

MrNyarlathotep said:
I'll go you one better for cheap emotional manipulation, they'll have it die saving your life.
Then you have to (spoiler for fable 1?)
choose to save it or get the best weapon in the game, amirite?

Did that really happen? That would be absolutely fucking shitty.

Speevy said:
Can you get scarred and let the beautiful woman become your wife? She pretty much has no choice.

Let her get scarred and then let her have you as her hubby... That way women aren't objectified and you still get to be a handsome bastard.

fable2-appreciation.jpg

I haven't played it yet. So this is just a prediction of me, around mid-october. We need more videos to talk about. I'm curious to know how certain things have developed since they finalized the gameplay. That means that they are probably fine tuning nothing but animations at this point. I really want my pet dog to be nintendogish.

Man, I doubt it's in there, but I'd fucking love to buy and/or build ships to hit the high seas with in search of adventure and treasure. I figure it's not in because they've said or shown nothing of the sort so far (that I've seen)...but, man, it would fucking rock!

JCBossman

Banned
I am definitely not worried about the graphics, the first one was one of the BEST lookers on the box, I showed it to a PS2 only friend and he was floored(and a tad bit jealous) I just hope I get to meet Whisper again so I can carve that annoying bitch up, you know what I mean Farm Boy.:D

Salazar

MightyHedgehog said:
Man, I doubt it's in there, but I'd fucking love to buy and/or build ships to hit the high seas with in search of adventure and treasure. I figure it's not in because they've said or shown nothing of the sort so far (that I've seen)...but, man, it would fucking rock!

There was (were plans for) piracy and seafaring, but Molyneux had to rub it. Game will still be totally mindshaking without it.

I loved the first Fable, probably my fave original Xbox title.

This looks fantastic as well, however, after seeing the draw distance with games such as Oblivion and GTA I hope they can push the fog back a little.

Peace.

Fable 2 looks absolutely stunning, and I have complete faith in Molyneux. So long as I get my open world to explore (which was my one and only gripe with its predecessor) I am happy. All I want is to be completely immersed in the game's atmosphere without jarring loading screens.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
If Fable 2 lives up to half of what it has promised, it will be the RPG GOTY easily, of course Fable didn't manage to live up to it but I have a feeling Fable 2 stands a better chance.

Oh, and it looks fanfuckingtastically awesome, the screenshot of the snowing? jaw dropping.

FFChris

Cdammen said:
*looks at the screens*

So... this game looks like an Xbox 1 game? WTF was Shane thinking when he said that?

The 1up crew seems to be saying some really odd stuff lately. In now way does this look like an XBox 1 game.

It looks incredible. The best looking game i have seen in screenshots i think. I adore the art style.
What are the chances of this coming to the PC? I don't have a 360 and never played the first so i won't be buying unless it's on PC (and probably after a demo).

FFChris

Kamakazie! said:
It looks incredible. The best looking game i have seen in screenshots i think. I adore the art style.
What are the chances of this coming to the PC? I don't have a 360 and never played the first so i won't be buying unless it's on PC (and probably after a demo).

I'd imagine it will come out eventually, but expect to wait a year or so.

FFChris said:
I'd imagine it will come out eventually, but expect to wait a year or so.
Yeah i wouldn't expect it any sooner. Just wondering if there is any chance really. It seems that there is with most 360 titles but i wasn't sure about the 1st party ones (although i guess Viva Pinata did.... hopefully BK3 will too actually as I'd love that).

eve241

After Too Human and Tomb Raider Underwold, Fable 2 is my most desired game this year.

Fable was a landmark in videogaming even if didn't accomplish all it set out to do. The style of the world alone is pure genious. The mixture of humor, artstyle, colors and situations.

Fable 2 looks like it will be a significant improvement. I like to think of the series as an experiment to find the truest RPG formula. Real roleplaying. And I can't wait to play the next build.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I haven't seen it posted, but Episode 1 (of 5) of Fable 2: Episodes is apparently free. It's apparently going to be episodic for the "Games on Demand" DD release on XBL. I did a quick Google about this and GAF is turning up nothing, so I'm posting it here in the official thread. Someone else can take it to a new thread if they want as I don't want thread backfire from me.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307f1/

Haunted

TheSeks said:
I haven't seen it posted, but Episode 1 (of 5) of Fable 2: Episodes is apparently free. It's apparently going to be episodic for the "Games on Demand" DD release on XBL. I did a quick Google about this and GAF is turning up nothing, so I'm posting it here in the official thread. Someone else can take it to a new thread if they want as I don't want thread backfire from me.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307f1/
What made you think this was the official thread?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338725

TheSeks said:

search is your motherfuckin friend

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375595

wow look what i found!

Top Bottom