• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80GB Metal Gear PS3 bundle allocation UPDATE

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So all you people wondering where the 80GB PS3s are... FEAR NOT.
I learned today that retailers are getting more in stock either late this week or early next week and also the week after.

ALSO!
Product will start to arrive more regularly in July.

In short, it will be an in-stock item.

That is all.

arne

Mrbob said:
Smart move by scea.

Artificial shortage creates moar frothing demand! it's a conspiracy.
Yet again Sony copies Nintendo's innovation. ;)

j/k directed at mrbob

beerbelly

Banned
While you're at it, why not buy a case of invigoratingly refreshing Coca Colas. Only $2.99 for 24.

Coke. The Coke Side of Life™

MrDaravon

This IS good news, but it's still unexcusable that a lot more of these weren't available day 1, I know people who couldn't get one and are still waiting because they're sold out everywhere, at least around here.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SailorDaravon said:
This IS good news, but it's still unexcusable that a lot more of these weren't available day 1, I know people who couldn't get one and are still waiting because they're sold out everywhere, at least around here.

Well, I imagine they had to wait for the game to be printed before shipping the bundle and that wasn't even done until it went gold at the end of May.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Good News! My console boner isn't so urgent now. I can wait until the Madden launch to get my PS3 now.

God I hope the incoming delivery is large enough for me to get my hands on one. If they don't arrive before Tuesday next week I'm screwed.

dskillzhtown said:
Good News! My console boner isn't so urgent now. I can wait until the Madden launch to get my PS3 now.

If you can wait till august then maybe you could hold out 2 more months for the next price drop.

Rolf NB

Kagari said:
I learned today that retailers are getting more in stock either late this week or early next week and also the week after.

ALSO!

That is all.
How can this be all?
Does all this imply ongoing manufacturing or merely ongoing old-stock depletion? You may say "That is all" only after answering that question to my satisfaction.

freaking sweet!

anyway, a friend of mine lives in Manhattan, i asked him to get me a 80gb bundle but he doesn't know where to get it, so, does anyone where could he get it in that area?

intheinbetween said:
freaking sweet!

anyway, a friend of mine lives in Manhattan, i asked him to get me a 80gb bundle but he doesn't know where to get it, so, does anyone where could he get it in that area?

I would also like to have answer to this question. :)

I am really considering replacing my 60 GB with one of these new 80gb models. How much better is the backwards compatability, because I have a few PS2 games that refuse to play on my PS3 at the moment.

ie

Grandia II

jjasper

The_Inquisitor said:
I am really considering replacing my 60 GB with one of these new 80gb models. How much better is the backwards compatability, because I have a few PS2 games that refuse to play on my PS3 at the moment.

ie

Grandia II

I am pretty sure the BC is worse.

Deadly

Does this mean Sony is also shipping NEW 80GB? or will they all still be the ones they recalled before? They shouldn't have that much of a big supply of them right?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
4in3t3.gif

WAT?

is there any difference in the backwards compatibility system between the 60gb and the 80gb systems? i thought they both used the same b/c compatibility system, but according to that compatibility link it seems that they don't

intheinbetween said:
WAT?

is there any difference in the backwards compatibility system between the 60gb and the 80gb systems? i thought they both used the same b/c compatibility system, but according to that compatibility link it seems that they don't

60gb has the emotion engine which is essentially the guts of a PS2 inside the system.

80gb does software emulation (similar to what 360 does) so most games work, but there is less compatibility than with the 60gb.

Mrbob

prodystopian said:
Isn't this bundle supposed to be $500? It is currently listed as $555 on gamestop. Am I missing something?

Gamestop are being jerks online and making you buy the MGS4 bluetooth headset with the system.

Evander

"industry expert"
Mrbob said:
Gamestop are being jerks online and making you buy the MGS4 bluetooth headset with the system.

At least they're giving you $5 off the price, then.

Seriously, though, does anyone actuallyhave, and like, that headset? The thing seemed to move fast, but I haven't heard a single good thing.

GamerZero

Kagari said:

ALSO!

That is all.

So does that mean the MGS4/PS3 bundle will still be available in August? I'm not buying one until sometime in August.

bluemax

Banned
For anyone looking for one still, try Sears Online. Yesterday they had the bundle up with an extra DS3 for $540ish. It came out to $600 with tax and shipping for me in California. And they sent me an email this morning indicating that it had actually shipped.

RoH

Evander said:
At least they're giving you $5 off the price, then.

Seriously, though, does anyone actuallyhave, and like, that headset? The thing seemed to move fast, but I haven't heard a single good thing.

I had it, and the sound quality was good but the construction of the head set seemed questionable, more more on the cheap side if you ask me. Again I have to say its good, pairing the headset, hearing others, and others receiving my voice worked just as well as my other headsets; however I did return it because it did not seem any better then my Jabra BT125. I'm going to hold out for the headset that comes with Socom, at least that one has a much needed mute button.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
prodystopian said:
60gb has the emotion engine which is essentially the guts of a PS2 inside the system.

80gb does software emulation (similar to what 360 does) so most games work, but there is less compatibility than with the 60gb.

its not fully software. it still has the GS in it

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
intheinbetween said:
freaking sweet!

Best Buy, FYE, GameStop, Circuit City.... to name a few.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I actually lined up 2 hours early on MGS4 midnight launch to secure a console, there were 6 or so consoles at my store, but only 2 other people on the line were purchasing systems. So I'm surprised to hear it's been such a big hit.

Raistlin

prodystopian said:

>_<

Nice way to confuse things more due to your incorrect info.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
djtiesto said:
I actually lined up 2 hours early on MGS4 midnight launch to secure a console, there were 6 or so consoles at my store, but only 2 other people on the line were purchasing systems. So I'm surprised to hear it's been such a big hit.

My store sold out at midnight. And all stores I've been to in the area sans Best Buy are sold out. BB might be sold out now though.

My local EB and Gamestop are both getting shipments in early next week, but they said they're only going to be receiving two or three at each store. :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Absinthe said:
My local EB and Gamestop are both getting shipments in early next week, but they said they're only going to be receiving two or three at each store. :lol

They come in boxes of 2. No one knows the exact amount we'll be getting, but as I said, they'll start flooding in regularly come July.

Top Bottom