• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80GB Metal Gear PS3 bundle allocation UPDATE

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Evander said:
At least they're giving you $5 off the price, then.

Seriously, though, does anyone actuallyhave, and like, that headset? The thing seemed to move fast, but I haven't heard a single good thing.

I know more than a handful of people who fits the script for 2 things...

1. Buy it cuz its a MGS4 Headset
2. Bought it and actually likes it and have no issues with it.

Well since the one I got from Wal-Mart was shit out of the box I only have 15 days to exchange it. I need to be able to get one before next Friday.

Darkener2

IsntChrisL said:
Well since the one I got from Wal-Mart was shit out of the box I only have 15 days to exchange it. I need to be able to get one before next Friday.
15 days?... Walmart always had a 90 day return policy on game consoles.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gbeav said:
Keep this bundle until Killzone, then make a Killzone bundle until 2012 when FF13 comes out :D

lol, I expect FFXIII in 2009 for the US, but doing a bundle for it would be a good idea.

Yes, I thought of this but.... it's opened. Should that matter considering it doesn't work right?

Also, I've got a feeling they'll throw it under the "computer hardware" category.

IsntChrisL said:
Yes, I thought of this but.... it's opened. Should that matter considering it doesn't work right?

Also, I've got a feeling they'll throw it under the "computer hardware" category.
I work in the electronics dept. at Wal-Mart.

It's 90 days with your reciept for game consoles. 15 days for Desktops/Laptops, GPS systems, portable DVD players, and iPod/MP3 players.

So yes, you have 90 days and it doesn't matter if you opened it, you can still return it or exchange it as long as you have your reciept. If they give you problems, ask to talk to the deptment manager or assistant manager and they'll get it cleared up for you. If not, take it to another Wal-Mart. You can take it back to any one of them since you have your reciept. Hope that helps.

We have 2 where I work at (Blockbuster) and 2 Wiis. I think the make you buy shitty bundles for both. That's why no one ever buys games or consoles there (also because most peopel don't even know they sell the shit, Blockbuster has horrible advertisement).

BlackGoku03 said:

It's 90 days with your reciept for game consoles. 15 days for Desktops/Laptops, GPS systems, portable DVD players, and iPod/MP3 players.

So yes, you have 90 days and it doesn't matter if you opened it, you can still return it or exchange it as long as you have your reciept. If they give you problems, ask to talk to the deptment manager or assistant manager and they'll get it cleared up for you. If not, take it to another Wal-Mart. You can take it back to any one of them since you have your reciept. Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
After searching all week and coming up empty I ended up just buying one on ebay. I went with a $600 buy it now auction and then used the 20% off from www.live.com and then ebay's 10% off coupon. That knocked it down to $420 and after shipping I paid a grand total of $460 for the bundle.

It might be a good alternative for those of you still coming up empty handed.

fernoca

teh_J0kerer said:
what 20% off coupon is this?
You have to:
-Go to www.live.com
-Search "for a PS3"
-Try to get one of the links to be from eBay
-Go to eBay though one of those links from Live
-Look around eBay
-Buy "it" with the 'Buy it Now' option
-If "it" qualifies, you'll get how much the 20% covers (it changes though, sometimes is 20%, others 10%, a few days ago was 35%)

Is not an instant rebate, you'll get it on the mail in around 60 days..or they can send it to your PayPal account; so you have to pay for the full price at the moment.

jsrv

fernoca said:
You have to:
-Go to www.live.com
-Search "for a PS3"
-Try to get one of the links to be from eBay
-Go to eBay though one of those links from Live
-Look around eBay
-Buy "it" with the 'Buy it Now' option
-If "it" qualifies, you'll get how much the 20% covers (it changes though, sometimes is 20%, others 10%, a few days ago was 35%)

Is not an instant rebate, you'll get it on the mail in around 60 days..or they can send it to your PayPal account; so you have to pay for the full price at the moment.

It says that you need to make an account on http://cashbackaccount.search.live.com/cashback/welcome.aspx , but that site is down

Did they change it so you don't have to?

Spoit

Upper_Management said:
Is Costco selling these bundles?
I've seen a few reports that they had them in some stores on launch day, but I personally haven't seen one, and for that matter, the last time I was there, I didn't see any of the 40 gigs either. I hope they do, so I can exchange it (which was why I bought it from costco in the first place after my 80 gig broke)

Redd

A little offtopic but does anyone know where I can get a Playstation Network Card in the USA without having to resort to ebay? I really really don't want to use my credit cards and I'm this close to buying a prepaid credit card but have no idea if it will work in the PSN store.

nomoment

jsrv said:
We are sorry, the following item(s) and/or quantity are no longer available for delivery. See more information below.

This item is no longer available for delivery. It has been removed from your cart. You can see similar items.

Gone :lol
Haha, WTF. It still says in stock at the website. Liars!

Just a heads-up:

I called today and my Wal-Mart had 4. I rushed over there to exchange mine. Hopefully this one works right.

Yeah, my GameStop should be getting a shipment in later this week. I have a feeling this will be just like the MotorStorm bundle, and it should last through the holidays.

Then next year they'll do a LittleBigPlanet bundle. :D

jjasper

I got one at Target today and they were sold out all last week so maybe some shipments have started to come in.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jjasper said:
I got one at Target today and they were sold out all last week so maybe some shipments have started to come in.

Some shipped out Monday iirc. Expect more incoming this week.
I told you so :p

Shouta

BlackGoku03 said:

Oh, thanks for the info. I'm moving to Japan soon and I didn't want to take my PS3, this may be a better choice for me.

makingmusic476 said:
I have a feeling this will be just like the MotorStorm bundle, and it should last through the holidays.

If we start seeing 65nm 80GB systems, I'll agree with you. If they are actually making brand new motherboards, there's no way they will stick with 90nm cell chips and the board designed for them.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
beermonkey@tehbias said:
If we start seeing 65nm 80GB systems, I'll agree with you. If they are actually making brand new motherboards, there's no way they will stick with 90nm cell chips and the board designed for them.

It will last through the holidays.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Holy shit. So we got in some of these today... they were gone within an hour. And then we got tons of calls right after asking for them. Seems people want their BC, Sony.

Somnia

Kagari said:
Holy shit. So we got in some of these today... they were gone within an hour. And then we got tons of calls right after asking for them. Seems people want their BC, Sony.

Ya we got restocked in town today also...all 4 gamestops. All 4 sold out within 2 hours.

Kagari said:
Or a Dualshock 3 & MGS 4 & 40 GBs more for only $100.

Mii

Banned
Theres a shop nearby me I've happened to visit twice in the last week.

They have one of the bundle in stock. I keep staring at it. It tempts me so. But the promise of a new SKU with this same bundle and better hardware later holds me back.

What do I do GAF?

Top Bottom