• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 2.41 to be released this week

HUELEN10

we-1.png

It has been announced that 2.41 will be coming this week.
According to customer support, firmware version 2.41, which should be clear of all errors, will out "midweek".
More info here!
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=192333

I know what you did for GIFs and banners on http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321382 so make it happen again GAF! As h3ro said:
Let the gifs flow like wine!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled awesomesauce, courtesy GAF.
dww.png

23r3828.jpg

wall-1.png

bricks.jpg

EWR.png

261hmdt.jpg

fumar2.png

vnd06d.jpg

hw.png

lisa.png

r05tw9.gif

I'd suggest they download 2.4 from one of the megaupload links posted here :p

Anyway, I wonder if this will bring something new besides bug fixes.

cyclone87

Hope so, I assume that means SSHD v4.00 patch will be up again at the same time? I want to try and get some trophies :D

Apparently a memo went round Sony the other week about the few cases of bricked consoles... this no doubt fixes that. I didn't see many (any) people in the thread here with bricked consoles...

Either way, I'm glad, because I didn't get 2.40 before they took it back down. And I don't want to risk downloading it and using it anyway really.

Awntawn

radioheadrule83 said:
Apparently a memo went round Sony the other week about the few cases of bricked consoles... this no doubt fixes that. I didn't see many (any) people in the thread here with bricked consoles...

Either way, I'm glad, because I didn't get 2.40 before they took it back down. And I don't want to risk downloading it and using it anyway really.
That thread indicated that most likely the whole bricked consoles thing was much less rampant than people tried to make it out to be. Bugs, however, did seem to be rampant, and that's more likely the reason why they pulled it.

monkeu

I'm less worried about bricked PS3s and more concerned about the fact that despite well over a year and a half of waiting the in-game XMB doesn't feature basic and essential features like voice chat or even voice messaging, custom soundtracks as standard, or even cross-game invites. Text messaging... whoooo.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am NOT hyping this shit :mad:

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
monkeu said:
I'm less worried about bricked PS3s and more concerned about the fact that despite well over a year and a half of waiting the in-game XMB doesn't feature basic and essential features like voice chat or even voice messaging, custom soundtracks as standard, or even cross-game invites. Text messaging... whoooo.

In-game XMB is essential per se as it actually makes messaging meaningful and allows to check and compare trophies. Imagine having to quit the game every time you wanted to do that.

nib95

Banned
Never had an issue with mine, along with the 600 or so others on the GAF who voted in that thread. But a couple of bricked PS3s (in the GAF thread), is a couple too many, and it was right of Sony to remove it. Hopefully this new FW is problem free. Maybe they add a little something extra in there too.

I wonder in reality how many PS3's were affected by this? *rubs shin* There was a couple of people on the IGN PS3GB forums with bricked systems too.

Tieno

Man, I'm so hyped for this. This is the real deal.
2.41>2.40

Didn't bother/forgot to download 2.40

scitek

I'd recommend that people try out 2.4 if it actually did something. No trophy support or custom soundtrack patches makes it pretty much useless. Unless you were able to snatch up the SSHD 4.0 release while it was up. Was it up?

I'm looking forward to this since I missed the 2.4 release. Is there anything new in 2.41, or is it just bug fixes for 2.4?

eznark

Banned
scitek said:
I'd recommend that people try out 2.4 if it actually did something. No trophy support or custom soundtrack patches makes it pretty much useless. Unless you were able to snatch up the SSHD 4.0 release while it was up. Was it up?

yeah, i got it. being able to read messages in game is pretty nice, as well. All of my messages so far have been along the lines of "trophy whore" while playing SSHD but still, the feature is there.

CoG

scitek said:

I snatched 4.0 while it was up. Didn't get a chance to go for any trophies yet. I am still at level zero.

greepoman

So remind me again why we're taking the word of "customer support"...isn't it just as as likely it's some dumbass working the phones just taking a guess?

monkeu

Wow a party for the release of an update that essentially adds nothing but in-game text messaging, and possibly removes the chance of it bricking your PS3. I for one can barely contain my excitement. Where's the champagne?

HUELEN10

monkeu said:
Wow a party for the release of an update that essentially adds nothing but in-game text messaging, and possibly removes the chance of it bricking your PS3. I for one can barely contain my excitement. Where's the champagne?
it is in the gifs. If gifs are to flow like wine, first we need gifs!

monkeu said:

9jkj1c.jpg

HUELEN10

Forsete said:
Bricked as in FUBAR? The reformat the HDD via PC trick didnt solve the issue?
No, it was bricked. It WAS FUBAR.

Wouldn't even boot. I was there when he installed it.

Forsete

Gold Member
HUELEN10 said:
No, it was bricked. It WAS FUBAR.

Wouldn't even boot. I was there when he installed it.

Ok, I thought it only had the corrupt HDD issue, I guess not. That sucks.

I once installed a faulty firmware update on my router which totally bricked it. Was no way to bring it back, thankfully they sent me a new one. On top of that it took days before they took the faulty firmware offline.

How anything that serious can pass QA is amazing.

Top Bottom