• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Dead Rising: Chop Til' You Drop for US (Press Release inside)

Haunted

:lol holy shit.

I can't fucking believe the zombies aren't moving in the tunnels. That has to be some sort of joke.

BitchTits

Wow @ the maintenance tunnels video. :lol

How could it have been any better though? Less zombies with more models and movement? We all would still lol at that compared to the 360 version.

Dascu

Yiiiiiiiiiikes

After a good start with RE4Wii and Zack&Wiki, a decent followup with RE:UC and Okami Wii, this is just awful.

Haunted

BitchTits said:

How could it have been any better though? Less zombies with more models and movement? We all would still lol at that compared to the 360 version.
While it's pretty much guaranteed that most GAFers will never be satisfied with this version since it's inevitably being compared to the 360 original, the zombies aren't even moving.

Dascu

Haunted said:
While it's pretty much guaranteed that most GAFers will never be satisfied with this version since it's inevitably being compared to the 360 original, the zombies aren't even moving.
That only makes it more realistic and improves the immersion of the game. Wii wins again, HD gamers owned. ;)

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wow... Just Wow...

Just saw the tunnel thingy. I had no idea it would be this horrible... Actually, I kinda knew it would once it was announced. Good God, let this get swept under the rug, or delayed until oblivion please.

I want to like this game, I really do. I've played through RE4 Wii so many times I’ve lost count and another game with that control scheme sounds fun.

But I just can't get excited. It looks like Capcoms not even trying.

What scares me the most is that Capcom guys blog write up thing. The one who said "you asked for Dead Rising, we give it to you, and now you bitch?" It's not fair to us Wii owners. I really hope Capcom doesn’t look at the sales of this poor looking title and use it as a baseline on whether there is an audience for games like it on Wii.

Endless

toTZ9qj-3D9DSyx8xVnSGN03L3JH1XeB

LeTubfrp4T_ikHYL8kJQ4LFEW5HlpmOi

44j5MEmf6j8BCOr6ogHpUGhyDejHI5BP

kMaOUEktzD-3wLjxmJG-8n3pRJJJpT2O

ElQ4Veus0j_6MVTeIcNqBpbUaXfU1u4Q

_buD-Wgk4T_TfnkIRZxc43qeJpPfRjZI

cU6MgvvH5T_Q_xTH70zNtCeFX8SgGrEf

8ccJ4eHl5T8skDx2JzgJ90OPnZZrIb0_

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh dear lord, that looks really poor.

Also, regarding the YouTube comments:

Made perfect sense. Casual ***s got a good game and butchered it. The amount of zombies on this version is cringe worthy. And to top it all off, they removed several different of the game, including one of the funnest bosses in the game do to it being too hard for casuals, turning him into a shop.

Is this true? Which boss is he talking about? I can recall one that'd possibly be converted into a shop but I wouldn't have exactly called that bossfight "fun" in the first place...

Bizzyb

Banned
tomei said:
Uploaded the video of the tunnel on youtube but the audio is kind of delayed, oh well :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogIy8avbSns

Wow....

this game has "Mistake" written all over it.

Damn Capcom way to totally fucking BUTCHER this game. And watch them complain when it sales are shit.

Edit: If this is at all indicative of the final product Capcom should seriously just halt the production and scrap it altogether, sucking up the losses or put this thing back in the oven for another year or two. Did no one QA this mofo?? Did they not do ANY group testings? Or hell, ANY gamer testings?

Who the hell outside of Capcom played this and said "This is Good"??

[Nintex]

Well they're only expecting to sell 500,000 copies of this game, so it was probably made on a low budget, it's also cheaper than most other Wii games in Europe(39.99 euro just like RE4). It looks terrible, but the Resident Evil 4 controls were so good that this can't be a total shitfest...right?

EDarkness

Bizzyb said:
Wow....

this game has "Mistake" written all over it.

Damn Capcom way to totally fucking BUTCHER this game. And watch them complain when it sales are shit.

I think this game could have been good if they made a new engine specifically for it, but trying to take the RE4 engine and paste Dead Rising into it just doesn't seem like a good way to go. And by judging by the screens and movies they should have just left this game on the cutting room floor. It's a shame too, because I was looking forward to trying it out.

What I also find crazy is why would they even bother with this since they're bringing out Dead Rising 2 on the PS3/360/PC? Wouldn't it have been smarter to do a version of the original for the PS3, to move some fans over? Why even try to move them over to the Wii? This whole move doesn't make any sense.

They say that focus groups said it's okay, but I doubt those guys are the audience for this game.

[Nintex]

EDarkness said:
I think this game could have been good if they made a new engine specifically for it, but trying to take the RE4 engine and paste Dead Rising into it just doesn't seem like a good way to go. And by judging by the screens and movies they should have just left this game on the cutting room floor. It's a shame too, because I was looking forward to trying it out.

What I also find crazy is why would they even bother with this since they're bringing out Dead Rising 2 on the PS3/360/PC? Wouldn't it have been smarter to do a version of the original for the PS3, to move some fans over? Why even try to move them over to the Wii? This whole move doesn't make any sense.

They say that focus groups said it's okay, but I doubt those guys are the audience for this game.
They sold more than one million copies of both RE:UC and RE4:Wii Edition, so they're trying to bank on that succes.

EDarkness

[Nintex] said:
They sold more than one million copies of both RE:UC and RE4:Wii Edition, so they're trying to bank on that succes.

But in that game, the gameplay is intact from the other versions. That's not the case here. I wouldn't be surprised if this game bombs hard. Funny thing is, I was gonna buy a copy, but it looks to be in such a mess, I'm not even gonna bother with it.

Dascu

EDarkness said:
But in that game, the gameplay is intact from the other versions. That's not the case here. I wouldn't be surprised if this game bombs hard. Funny thing is, I was gonna buy a copy, but it looks to be in such a mess, I'm not even gonna bother with it.
This.

The original Famitsu announcement had me excited. What a disappointment.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
BitchTits said:

They could have used something other than the RE4 Wii engine, which wasn't built for tons and tons and tons of zombies. They would probably have gotten better results by porting the actual Dead Rising engine down to the Wii.

kamikaze

[Nintex] said:

i see 1M sales from re:uc and re:4 wii and i think, use the re4 engine for a new re game. somehow capcom sees the same thing and thinks "let's use the re4 engine for a dead rising port!"

i'll wait for reviews to come out to talk about the gameplay before i decide to buy, though. afterall, parts of disaster looked pretty crappy so there might be some hope that this may be fun to play.

[Nintex]

kamikaze said:
i see 1M sales from re:uc and re:4 wii and i think, use the re4 engine for a new re game. somehow capcom sees the same thing and thinks "let's use the re4 engine for a dead rising port!"

i'll wait for reviews to come out to talk about the gameplay before i decide to buy, though. afterall, parts of disaster looked pretty crappy so there might be some hope that this may be fun to play.
They're probably working on a new Resident Evil game for Wii too, but this is just a quick buck.

_buD-Wgk4T_TfnkIRZxc43qeJpPfRjZI

"I used to be a janitor and one day Keiji Inafune asked me to make a Dead Rising game for the Wii."

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Whats going on with that jumper, it looks like a liquorice allsort.

[Nintex] said:
The only fuck up so far, even the destined to fail Umbrella Chronicles turned out great.

Very true and I loved that game as well. Go figure. The fact that most of the the people that will buy this will be people that always wanted to play Dead rising and couldnt, I'm sure it will sell tons. All we have in here is mostly people who've played the original and can't stand whats been changed.

[Nintex] said:
The only fuck up so far, even the destined to fail Umbrella Chronicles turned out great.

no, it didn't

Dead Rising Wii doesn't look nearly as good graphically, but it already looks much more enjoyable, janky budget gameplay and all.

dk_ said:
You really hate yourself, do you? I think cutting yourself works better.

Is the that fact that a meager 39.99 is devestating to you pocket the reason your being an ass? Pick on someone for buying a game elsewhere. Oh yeah and I'm buying HOTD Overkill, Deadly Creatures, Killzone 2, and RE5. If that constitutes as cutting myself well then I'll be damned.

Tenbatsu

I dont think a Capcom internal developed game can be that bad. So I think its better to save the judgement after playing it. It will be releasing next week, so Famitsu review is this wednesday! Wonder how it will fare:lol

markatisu

Will use my $25 gamestop gift card on this and give Sega the full $50 in cash for HoTD Overkill (a true Zombie killing effort)

Still going to give it the benefit of the doubt though, however seeing the new screens for Dead Rising 2 just make me shake my head because its like what Square did when they released the teaser for FFCC Wii and then in hours released a super trailer for FFXIII

I just do not understand Capcom somtimes, we bought Zack and Wiki when no promotion was out for it, we bought Okami at least on par with the PS2 edition, we bought RE4 in droves despite the game being available in backward compatible mode, we bought RE:UC (which had parts recycled from previous GCN and PS2 games) and we get this.

What do we have to buy in order to get a "new" game

Bizzyb

Banned
markatisu said:
Will use my $25 gamestop gift card on this and give Sega the full $50 in cash for HoTD Overkill (a true Zombie killing effort)

Still going to give it the benefit of the doubt though, however seeing the new screens for Dead Rising 2 just make me shake my head because its like what Square did when they released the teaser for FFCC Wii and then in hours released a super trailer for FFXIII

I just do not understand Capcom somtimes, we bought Zack and Wiki when no promotion was out for it, we bought Okami at least on par with the PS2 edition, we bought RE4 in droves despite the game being available in backward compatible mode, we bought RE:UC (which had parts recycled from previous GCN and PS2 games) and we get this.

What do we have to buy in order to get a "new" game

Buy Spyborgs probably

At least Monster Hunter Tri is new...

Top Bottom