• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet Pre-Order Bonuses (By the gods, what have I become)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/05/littlebigplanet-pre-order-goodness/
Hey all,

We’ve been working with our North American retailers to promote the release of LittleBigPlanet in October 2008. And now that the “planning dust” has settled, we wanted to share early details of our pre-order campaign for you to decide which item you’d like. Stay tuned for much more detail on which retailer will have what pre-order item and when to go to your favorite retailer to reserve your copy.

Here’s the master list:

The Official “LittleBigPlanet Creator” MiniGuide by Brady Games - This exclusive digital guide is a primer for LittleBIGPlanet’s CREATE tools and provides users with a quick tutorial to begin developing their own levels.”

2736928536_5037a5cbdb_m.jpg

(Pre-order @ Amazon)

LittleBigStickerBook - For those of you who love to customize - this item is for you! This exclusive sticker book contains some of our favorite LBP imagery for you to apply your own ‘mash-up’ to your favorite possessions. Or take something else you own and make it your favorite!

2736482512_08906aab9e_o.jpg

(Pre-order @ Circuit City)

LittleBigPouch - Keep your LBP game safe and protected from the elements with this exclusive burlap pouch. Its so unique and stylish, it would make a SackMother proud.

2735835441_6d138a0178.jpg

(Pre-order @ Game Crazy)

Exclusive Nariko SackGirl - SackBoy’s beware! Nariko SackGirl has been known to keep other SackBoys (and SackGirls) in check. This exclusive downloadable costume features our favorite heroine on the PS3.

2735648321_37c366006a.jpg

(Pre-order @ Best Buy)

Exclusive Kratos SackBoy - Nuff’ said. Yes…the forum rumors were true - but the biggest question remains “why didn’t this guy smile?” Seriously, this is another exclusive downloadable costume that will elevate your SackBoy status to godlike proportions.

2736484334_103ec3b4bf.jpg

(Pre-order @ GameStop)
Keep an eye out for more LittleBigNews in a few days…

The first two - eh.
The burlap sack - :lol
Kratos and Nariko Sackboy - !!!

If I can't get all of these in one place, though, DO NOT WANT!!

Dante

Amazing!

The fact that they are pushing Nariko, with no sequel in the works makes me wonder if she'll make a cameo in GOW3 :D

h3ro

:O

Done and done. Where/when do I pre-order?

Wait, I thought those were actual Sackboy toys... oh well, still gonna pre-order. :D

When I first scrolled down I thought the Nariko plush was being included in the box. Oh well, in-game skin is awesome still. Guess I'm going to pre-order what I've been expecting to be one of the best games this gen.

oneHeero

FUCK I want those all. I might even by HS if I can get that Nariko Sackgirl.

I want them all, I wanna carry my sackboy/sackgirl in that burlap manpurse

EDIT: Fucken costume for ingame, give me real sackboy dammit.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Slaylock said:
I want the actual sackboy/sackgirl, not just a downloadable costume.
Pretty much, i read through each one and felt dissapointment. I would have loved a real one.

thuway

Thank you Sony. Now announce the Limited Edition. Now. Stat.

Edit: I just realized each retailer gets a 'specific' item. F-that. I want all of them. Is it that hard to announce a making of Bluray Disc? I want to see how the most innovative game in the last 4 years was made.

JCreasy

Dante said:
Amazing!

The fact that they are pushing Nariko, with no sequel in the works makes me wonder if she'll make a cameo in GOW3 :D

Nariko as imagined by Santa Monica Studios = TOO MUCH WIN!!!

Danielsan

Btw I would sacrifice a goat for the ability to use weapons (as in swords) in this game. Would awsome if you could actually use Kratos' and Nariko's weapons.

Danielsan said:
Btw I would sacrifice a goat for the ability to use weapons (as in swords) in this game.

Maybe that was what Alex was talking about when he mentioned there being 1 big announcement left. The use of weapons seems like a possibility.

thuway

Is anyone else disappointed? The only thing I find cool is the sack. However, the Nariko and Kratos downloadable costumes just make me go meh. Why would I want a sticker book or a digital guide? Come on Sony.

I want the dolls. I want a fancy looking box. I want a soundtrack.

Danielsan

SolidSnakex said:
Maybe that was what Alex was talking about when he mentioned there being 1 big announcement left. The use of weapons seems like a possibility.
Would be so awsome if we could create both traditional platformers aswell as action platformers (swords + guns).

Don

So this is for North America?
There better be a way to get these in the UK. I want Kratos sackboy. :(

Danielsan

Btw all of these things+a real Sackboy better be included in the LE. Also, they'd better not be fucking over Europe with this one.

thuway said:
Is anyone else disappointed? The only thing I find cool is the sack. However, the Nariko and Kratos downloadable costumes just make me go meh. Why would I want a sticker book or a digital guide? Come on Sony.

Seriously.

I hope Sony isn't this clueless about marketing their first party titles. I mean, come on. Microsoft has some nice LE for almost every single one of their 1st party releases.

h3ro

thuway said:
thuway said:
thuway said:
thuway said:
thuway said:

Sony. Read that. Make it happen.

AmMortal

Banned
If I am not going to get a free sack boy with this game. I WILL TURN EVEN MORE BEAVERS INTO GOLD! THEY STRUGGLE BUT THEY NEVER ESCAPE.

thuway

Does anyone remember when when Nintendo released Pokemon book covers to students for free? I was in seventh grade and up until that point I had never heard of Pokemon, and than I finally saw the book covers, and was like "oh snap".

They need to do some sort of promotion like that for the kids table. For us hardcore GAFFers, we need more than just a coloring book and a zip lock bag.

TwinsDad

I also thought it was a plushie when I read it, then I read costume, bummer. If it's one different of these "bonus" items per retail, not the greatest pre-order bonus, the stickers rank up there with DS stylus give aways.

fernoca

Nice..
But..
Stay tuned for much more detail on which retailer will have what pre-order item
...it seems as if every store is getting a different extra.. :/
Probably Gamestop will have the Kratos code..Target: Nariko..Toys R Us the sticker book..something like that... :/

Why not make some "collector's edition" with all that (and then some more).??... :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
All this game needs to succeed is cut and paste that first trailer they released as the commercial. The music plus the distinct look will get people interested much more than their current "epic speech" commercial that they've been running recently for the PS3.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
alr1ghtstart said:
All this game needs to succeed is cut and paste that first trailer they released as the commercial. The music plus the distinct look will get people interested much more than their current "epic speech" commercial that they've been running recently for the PS3.

Yeah I don't really agree with the use of that commercial, it's really not effective IMO.

edit- forgot to mention that I LOVE all the pre-order goods.

Top Bottom