• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something's a stir between Square and MS at TGS

rykomatsu

Interview of Sakaguchi, Xbox Marketing Director for Japan

http://trendy.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/pickup/20081007/1019605/

Last section

Using the benefits of booths next to each other, Square and Microsoft booths will be tied together. This time around, we are emphasizing a desire to to have as many people as possible play our games. For those that play the demos at both Microsoft and Square booths will be entered into a drawing. If your name is drawn and you goto the Square booth....
The rest is for TGS (lol)

There might be a surprise announcement at the MS Keynote as well

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah, they have Star Ocean 4 and Last Remnant at the MS booth! They are closer than ever. Something like a lottery? Confusing.

Zen

Banned
Sony really needs to, um, stop letting Microsoft slowly eat their pie. It's absurd how they've just sat by, twiddling their thumbs, while Microsoft is replacing their forte in the Japanese Market.

kay

So embarrassing for HD consoles in Japan, Microsoft trying so hard and getting nowhere, Sony trying so little and getting just past nowhere.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Zen said:
Sony really needs to, um, stop letting Microsoft slowly eat their pie. It's absurd how they've just sat by, twiddling their thumbs, while Microsoft is replacing their forte in the Japanese Market.

Well getting into a moneyhatting war with Microsoft is just a bad idea, and Microsoft right now is barely doing anything in Japan even WITH all the square love. I'm not sure exactly what anyone expects Sony to do other than wait for Square to get fed up with selling 200k copies of their games in Japan, and eventually shift back to Ps3/Nintendy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Zen said:

Don't worry, FFXIII and Versus XIII will be there
in the closed Mega Theater

DarkJC

Kinitari said:
Well getting into a moneyhatting war with Microsoft is just a bad idea, and Microsoft right now is barely doing anything in Japan even WITH all the square love. I'm not sure exactly what anyone expects Sony to do other than wait for Square to get fed up with selling 200k copies of their games in Japan, and eventually shift back to Ps3/Nintendy.

Yeah, I don't see how anyone could expect Sony to match every moneyhat Microsoft makes, especially considering how they're probably more frugal than ever with the losses they incurred on the PS3.

Kinitari said:

Why did you call them "Nintendy" when you could have just called them "Nintendo?" Sorry, not sure why the "ninty" nick name annoys me (much like M$).

TheGreatDave said:
Final Fantasy VII on 360.

That would be both a mega- and betrayal- ton. So.....megabetrayalton?

It also has less chance of happening than Dreamcast 2 or DNF being released tomorrow.

DrPirate

Banned
Death_Born said:
That would be both a mega- and betrayal- ton. So.....megabetrayalton?

It also has less chance of happening than Dreamcast 2 or DNF being released tomorrow.

Oh my God, I think this is part of the "Worst Case Scenarios"

I think a thread can go on for pages and pages just imagining what would happen.

If it happened, end of Gaf, end of every gaming forum, it'd be too much.

DrPirate said:
Oh my God, I think this is part of the "Worst Case Scenarios"

I think a thread can go on for pages and pages just imagining what would happen.

If it happened, end of Gaf, end of every gaming forum, it'd be too much.

Judging from what happened with FFXIII, there would probably be a permanent 500 server error. People wouldn't even have time to meltdown because the sites would stop working.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
obijkenobi said:
Why did you call them "Nintendy" when you could have just called them "Nintendo?" Sorry, not sure why the "ninty" nick name annoys me (much like M$).

Hush, I am cool and edgy.

sky

TheGreatDave said:
Final Fantasy VII on 360.
ohno.jpg

PSGames

The Guch (of FF fame) is Xbox's marketing director for Japan? Or is this a different Sakaguchi? Me is confused.

Shadow780

Death_Born said:
Judging from what happened with FFXIII, there would probably be a permanent 500 server error. People wouldn't even have time to meltdown because the sites would stop working.

Also this time fanboys WILL commit suicide.

Shadow780

Onix said:
??

I'm pretty sure he meant for Sony ... or is that what bothers you?

What bothers me is that I can't see what Square has to show behind closed theaters for FF13V that makes me want to suck Nomura's cock.

Amir0x

Banned
AzureJericho said:
Kingdom Hearts 3 on 360. Commence bitter tears. :lol

IF they go the next-gen route for Kingdom Hearts 3, then I have to imagine it WILL be on both PS3 and 360.

I still think KH3 will be a Wii title, however.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I think it'll be the MMO they've been working on and maybe some XBLA stuff.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Oh man now this is more exciting than waiting to hear about the crazy news from Sony cause this one will actually cause meltdowns, drama and tears if it's actually something crazy.

After E3, I doubt there's much that couldn't be possible. All bets are off.

Even an announcement of a cancellation of the PS3 version of FF13 wouldn't surprise me at this point. Not that's gonna happen.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
FFVII on 360 would mean FFVII next-gen remake which means I WOULD SEND LETTERS OF LOVEEEEE to them

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Oh god, even though I have a 360, I'm a big Sony fanboy at heart. No more making my heart jump Microsoft - Sony... make my heart jump please. FFXIIIv Online play or something.

Eteric Rice

When is TGS anyway?

I get confused because today there is tomorrow here or something.

When, as an American, will I start seeing shit? :D

DogWelder

I always get hyped and I never learn. Damn you OP.

Eteric Rice said:
When is TGS anyway?

I get confused because today there is tomorrow here or something.

When, as an American, will I start seeing shit? :D

MS keynote is tomorrow 11pm ET, I think that's noon local.

Top Bottom