• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why not a Steel Battalion Wii port, Capcom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.balanceboardblog.com/search/label/steel battalion wii
http://www.vandal.net/noticia/36486/el-juego-de-xbox-steel-battalion-se-adapta-a-wii/
In a Japanese press conference, Capcom has apparently confirmed that it is adapting the Xbox's Steel Battalion for the Nintendo Wii, and that it will include support for the Wii Balance Board.

In Steel Battalion, players take control of massive bi-pedal mecha on a variety of dangerous missions. The original game came with a huge, $200 USD controller that acted as the dashboard for the robot, and quickly became a collector's piece.

Capcom explains that with the Wii Remote, Nunchuck, Wii Wheel and Wii Balance Board, this whole experience can be re-created... and for a whole lot less wonga - around $45 USD.

Now, I'm 90% sure they're fake.

But I really think Capcom should do it, as they could easily replicate the experience with a Balance Board, two Wiimotes and some kind of propietary joystick base that you plug the Wiimotes into.

I've never played Steel Battalion, but I'd like to, and this is probably the only way I'd ever get around to playing it.

M3wThr33

Banned
usarchy_angry_monkey_fullpic.jpg

grandjedi6 said:
Why should there be a Steel Battalion Wii port?
Because I'm not spending money on a used Xbox and a marked-up used copy of PAL Steel Battalion.

Also, it's easy money for Capcom. They could easily market the game to every one with two Wiimotes and the Balance Board - soccer moms.

Dascu

Mr. Pointy said:
Because I'm not spending money on a used Xbox and a marked-up used copy of PAL Steel Battalion.

Also, it's easy money for Capcom. They could easily market the game to every one with two Wiimotes and the Balance Board - soccer moms.
I am sure that WiiFit -> Steel Battalion is the logic transition.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Mr. Pointy said:

I'm not sure you know what "easy money" means. Traditionally its not used to describe a difficult ports of limited selling games.

duckroll

Mr. Pointy said:
Now, I'm 90% sure they're fake.

So why post it?

But I really think Capcom should do it, as they could easily replicate the experience with a Balance Board, two Wiimotes and some kind of propietary joystick base that you plug the Wiimotes into.

You've clearly never played the game ever and are just making up shit.

I've never played Steel Battalion, but I'd like to, and this is probably the only way I'd ever get around to playing it.

Oh look! I'm right! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom