• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Progress: The Great American LOST Re-Watch Thread *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
fxdqh2.jpg

Here we go, everybody! Between now and the final season, we're re-watching every fucking episode of the television series LOST. If you're new to the show, turn around now. We will be discussing the show in the context of its entirety to date, which means COPIOUS SPOILERS. LET ME REITERATE THIS: IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN EVERY EPISODE OF LOST, THE ENTIRE SHOW WILL BE RUINED FOR YOU PROBABLY IMMEDIATELY. I'm sure someone someday will make a delightful thread for people new to the show to share in the joy of experiencing it anew. For everyone else, bust out your calendars:

May 15: "Pilot"
May 19: "Tabula Rasa"
May 21: "Walkabout"
May 24: "White Rabbit"
May 26: "House Of The Rising Sun"
May 29:. "The Moth"
May 31: "Confidence Man"
June 3: "Solitary"
June 5: "Raised By Another"
June 8: "All The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues"
June 10: "Whatever The Case May Be"
June 13: "Hearts And Minds"
June 15: "Special"
June 18: "Homecoming"
June 20: "Outlaws"
June 23: "...In Translation"
June 25: "Numbers"
June 28: "Deus Ex Machina"
June 30: "Do No Harm"
July 3: "The Greater Good"
July 5: "Born To Run"
July 8: "Exodus"
July 11: "Man Of Science, Man Of Faith"
July 14: "Adrift"
July 16: "Orientation"
July 19: "Everybody Hates Hugo"
July 21: "...And Found"
July 24: "Abandoned"
July 26: "The Other 48 Days"

July 29: "Collision"
July 31: "What Kate Did"
August 3: "The 23rd Psalm"
August 5: "The Hunting Party"
August 8: "Fire + Water"
August 10: "The Long Con"
August 13: "One Of Them"
August 15: "Maternity Leave"
August 18: "The Whole Truth"
August 20: "Lockdown"
August 23: "Dave"
August 25: "S.O.S."
August 28: "Two For The Road"
August 30: "?"
September 2: "Three Minutes"
September 4: "Live Together, Die Alone"
September 8: "A Tale Of Two Cities"
September 10: "The Glass Ballerina"
September 13: "Further Instructions"
September 15: "Every Man For Himself"
September 18: "The Cost Of Living"
September 20: "I Do"
September 23: "Not In Portland"
September 25: "Flashes Before Your Eyes"
September 28: "Stranger In A Strange Land"
September 30: "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead"
October 3: "Enter 77"
October 5: "Par Avion"
October 8: "The Man From Tallahassee"
October 10: "Expose"
October 13: "Left Behind"
October 15: "One Of Us"
October 18: "Catch-22"
October 20: "D.O.C."
October 23: "The Brig"
October 25: "The Man Behind The Curtain"
October 27: "Greatest Hits"
October 29: "Through The Looking Glass"
November 2: Missing Pieces
November 4: "The Beginning Of The End"
November 7: "Confirmed Dead"
November 9: "The Economist"
November 12: "Eggtown"
November 14: "The Constant"
November 17: "The Other Woman"
November 19: "Ji Yeon"
November 22: "Meet Kevin Johnson"
November 24: "The Shape Of Things To Come"
November 27: "Something Nice Back Home"
November 29: "Cabin Fever"
December 2: "There's No Place Like Home"
December 5: "Because You Left"
December 8: "The Lie"
December 10: "Jughead"
December 13: "The Little Prince"
December 15: "This Place Is Death"
December 18: "316"
December 20: "The Life And Death of Jeremy Bentham"
December 24: "LaFleur"
December 26: "Namaste"
December 29: "He's Our You"
December 31: "Whatever Happened, Happened"
January 3: "Dead Is Dead"
January 5: "Some Like It Hoth"
January 7: "The Variable"
January 9: "Follow The Leader"
January 12: "The Incident"

Which should bring us riiiight about to the final season premier of LOST, ever.

Guys....where are we?

CHECK THIS OUT

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Hey guys, I'm making a Progress: The Great American LOST Re-Watch Thread CALENDAR for myself on Google Calendar, and I'd figure I'd offer it up for everyone

I'm not done yet, but these links will update themselves as I add to them. Watch Together, Die Alone, or some shit, HUZZAH

XML
Ical
HTML (If you don't have a calendar or feed reader, you'll most likely use this one)

2mpwsj8.jpg

SEASON: 01
EPISODE: 01/02
TITLE: Pilot

STRANDED ON A DESERTED ISLAND, 48 SURVIVORS OF A PLANE CRASH MUST FIND THE STRENGTH TO WORK TOGETHER IF THEY ARE TO STAY ALIVE - BUT THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND HOLDS MANY SECRETS WHICH COULD PROVE FATAL TO THE BAND OF CASTAWAYS

"Pilot, Parts 1 & 2" -- After Oceanic flight 815 crash lands, the 48 survivors find themselves on an island of harsh terrain, cruel weather and dark secrets, including a frightful creature that stalks the jungle. Strangers all, even those related by blood, the survivors' pasts - their ethics, religions, politics and attitudes - threaten to jeopardize the group's ability to endure. However, thanks to the calm leadership of quick-thinking Jack and level-headed Kate, the group has hope for survival and rescue. Meanwhile, the discovery of a transceiver among the plane's wreckage and the thought that rescue could be imminent temporarily raises the castaways' spirits. Still, the island's mysteries continue to baffle, with the discovery of handcuffs, a gun and an animal that shouldn't be able to survive in a tropical climate.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Maggie Grace as Shannon, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie, Terry O'Quinn as Locke, Harold Perrineau as Michael and Ian Somerhalder as Boone.

Guest starring in "Pilot, Parts 1 & 2" are Emilie de Ravin as Claire, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Fredric Lane as marshal, Kimberley Hawryluk as flight attendant no. 1, John Dixon as flight attendant no. 2, Michelle Arthur as flight attendant no. 3 and Greg Grunberg as pilot.

"Pilot, Parts 1 & 2" was written by J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof and directed by J.J. Abrams.

LET'S DO THIS THING.

gdt

Seriously. Progress.

That word fits and represents LOST so well.

Along with, of course, Destiny.

Costanza

Banned
I'll be following this thread but I'm waiting till June 16th to start my runthrough. Maybe I'll try and catch up then :D

gdt

Costanza said:
I'll be following this thread but I'm waiting till June 16th to start my runthrough. Maybe I'll try and catch up then :D

We'll only be 13 episodes in. You could definitely catch up.

Edit: Oh and perfect picture. The man at the Beginning of the Beginning. Planning everything.

I might jump in actually. My brother wants to catch up to S6 and stopped midway through S2 and I can think of no better time to rewatch the series than now since we're coming into the grand finale.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
"Anything that happens before is just... progress"

Brilliant name for the thread. Although the Pilot Press release pic should be JACK'S EYE. DO IT NOWWWWWW

ahoyhoy said:
"Anything that happens before is just... progress"

Brilliant name for the thread. Although the Pilot Press release pic should be JACK'S EYE. DO IT NOWWWWWW

lost-media completely failed me on the Pilot. Couldn't even give me that shit in 16:9! But everything after that is totally rad.

Kyoufu

I'm currently watching Lost season 1 for the first time. Amazing show, only fear is that it becomes dragged and out and crappy like Prison Break, Heroes etc.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Armitage said:
I always thought "Guys... where are we?" was terribly cheesy and a bad way to end the episode.

How about: "Why did you look? WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO LOOK?" Or, "My friends are all going to war. I WANT TO FIGHT!"

Kyoufu said:
I'm currently watching Lost season 1 for the first time. Amazing show, only fear is that it becomes dragged and out and crappy like Prison Break, Heroes etc.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD

NimbusD

Ugh, I hate you. I've been doing this on my own the past 3 months and I just got to season 4.

EDIT: btw of all lost pictures you use that for the banner? meh.

gdt

Kyoufu said:

ahahahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

ahahahahahahahah

You are sooooooooooooooo lucky to watch the first 5 season straight.

Tim-E

It's almost 2 AM and I'm sleepy, but I don't really want to sleep. I think it's time to watch the Pilot for the bajillionth time.

I've got the Sunkist and the Lays. WHOS WITH ME

gdt

Tim-E said:
It's almost 2 AM and I'm sleepy, but I don't really want to sleep. I think it's time to watch the Pilot for the bajillionth time.

I've got the Sunkist and the Lays. WHOS WITH ME

I'll watch it when I wake up.

:( Sorry.

Blader

Kyoufu said:

Stay out of this thread, you'll ruin a lot of it for yourself.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. I don't know if I can afford to stay up for another hour and a half watching this shit. If we do this, we gotta sync up this shit (for those of us watching via ABC.com)

Kyoufu said:
Okay will do. I just hope it doesn't go from "Lost" to "Lost Interest", if you know what I mean.

Well if your not a fan of the core characters and the overall mystery of the show then you might find it to drag somewhat. But if you remain interested in both I think you'll find it to be a VERY consistent television series.

I've already said in the other thread that I don't have a particular favorite out the 5 seasons aired so far because they are all great. Maybe I'll get a better feel for them by rewatching them.

Tim-E said:
Given the thread title, I think it's a perfect image.

PUTTING THE DVD INTO THE 360 RIGHT NOW

I think I might...buy it...in HD.....off XBLVM.

Is that crazy? I have a feeling I'm going to end up just buying episodes one at a time. Oh, dear. I at least want to have the Pilot. Then we'll see afterwards. But I figure I can just keep deleting them to make room. Not like they'll ever not be mine and available for redownload if the mood strikes.

Damn.

Someone talk me out of this expensive craziness. (But see, all spread out like that...it's not that bad...is it?)

Tim-E

BenjaminBirdie said:

Is that crazy? I have a feeling I'm going to end up just buying episodes one at a time. Oh, dear. I at least want to have the Pilot. Then we'll see afterwards. But I figure I can just keep deleting them to make room. Not like they'll ever not be mine and available for redownload if the mood strikes.

Damn.

Someone talk me out of this expensive craziness. (But see, all spread out like that...it's not that bad...is it?)

I personally wouldn't do that myself, but if you were to repurchase any single episode, the Pilot would be worth it.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
BenjaminBirdie said:

Damn.

You can download the Pilot now for instant gratification, but if as long as you are sincerely committed to buying the DVD's later on (as I can see you are), I'd condone just downloading the rest of the 5 seasons off BitTorrent in glorious HD so you don't have to deal with ABC.com or any pesky low-def streaming sources.

Actually, that sounds like a pretty damn good idea (sans the downloading the Pilot off XBL part)

gdt

BenjaminBirdie said:

Damn.

Don't do it bro.

Eventually it'll be time for a Blu-Ray player (sooner and sooner everyday actually) and you'll be kicking yourself in the balls if you do that.

Edit: But an episode or two is cool. I'll probably do that for a couple of them...

Tim-E

Jack pulling the vodka from his pocket. OMFG SEASON 3 FINALE FORESHADOWING

Also, there's Vincent. He let Christian pet him in one of the Missing Pieces episodes. He's so in on it with Facob.

:lol This is going to be fun.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Are you telling me no one in this thread has yet to notice the Dharma logo in BB's banner in the first post? :lol

Tim-E

gdt5016 said:
You motherfuckers are going to make me watch arent you?

:D

It's so cool watching all of these characters interact for the first time, knowing all the shit they are about to go through together over the next few years.

gdt

omg rite said:
Are you telling me no one in this thread has yet to notice the Dharma logo in BB's banner in the first post? :lol

You haven't seen that before?

More importantly...

ARE YOU WITH US?

LIVE TOGETHER, DIE ALONE.

I wouldn't want to see you die alone.

Tim-E

BenjaminBirdie said:
Fucking Jacob.

GOD DAMNNNN

All of this shit was planned by that awesome asshole. Gary Troup going into the engine and everything. God damn.

Jack's telling his count to five story.

This thread will take the place of my Twitter for the next two hours.

I want to wait for the whole series to be over before I do a full rewatch but then I figured it would be nice to have everything fresh in my mind for season 6. So I may join in. I only have up to season 3 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom