• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Progress: The Great American LOST Re-Watch Thread *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Banned
It doesn't say the first five minutes does it? Just five minutes. I'll be surprised if they don't do that same first thing we see gag this time.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I put together a Windows 7 theme made up of some choice sounds and using my rewatch pics as wallpaper. I can upload if any one is interested.

HYPE!!

StuBurns said:
It doesn't say the first five minutes does it? Just five minutes. I'll be surprised if they don't do that same first thing we see gag this time.

Oh yeah, I thought it said "first" or "opening" somewhere. Sun being all "But Richard, if that's Locke, seriously, who is in there with Ben, for reals?" confirmed.

Solo

Yeah, itll just be meaningless dialogue with D-level chacters (like Caesar, lolz). There is no way in hell they'd spoil the cold open of the last premiere they'll ever have.

big ander

I don't know what it is about rewatching it, but every episode of Season 5 has been better the second or third time around. 316 is still the worst episode of the season, but it's not that bad. And while I despised The Variable my first time through, the second time I appreciated the tragic story of Daniel Faraday, the man too smart for his own good. And while I felt his death was useless at first, I guess it's all just Hawking and Widmore trying to orchestrate actions for whatever side they're on. I don't know, I just really want season 6. :lol

Nameless

BenjaminBirdie said:
Totally the opposite. Remember every sneak peek last season was just some innocuous conversation between like Faraday and Sawyer about basically nothing? Or almost a recap of the last episode? I would watch that a thousand times before the first scene of a season premiere. Am I the only one who watched the premiere to Season Three?

Could you IMAGINE watching that opening scene and that alone?

Completely bonkers.

Never, never, never, NEVER.

The difference, for me at least, is that watching the opening scene is only a matter of seeing the story early. But that content is still presented in the way it's intended to be seen. It's not a random scene X amount of minutes into the episode, it's the episode from the beginning. Potato pataato, I just don't look at that as a spoiler.

I admit it's a cocktease, but it's worth the hype-overload.

Looks like LOST-Age is splitting up.

xbhaskarx

Yaweee said:
The clip should get its own thread, imo. That way people can openly discuss it without poisoning the main episode thread for people that waited.

As someone who wants no exposure to any spoilers, please do this.

I'm extremely lttp with this one, hell I posted early in this thread about joining you guys but I just never got around to it...until yesterday. I already watched half of S1 in less than 24 hours. I dont expect to watch the whole series in time for the premiere (although I could, no job, gf, etc) but I'll have S1 under my belt at least.

I havent rewatched any episodes before, this is my first time but I really miss those "innocent" moments from season 1. Its a total nostalgia trip, I wish I wasn't so lazy and kept up with you guys.

Anyway, thats it.

Nameless

Solo said:
Yeah, itll just be meaningless dialogue with D-level chacters (like Caesar, lolz). There is no way in hell they'd spoil the cold open of the last premiere they'll ever have.

caesar.jpg

Ben made Caesar catch the holy ghost...:lol

Oni Jazar

I didn't start the re-watch as early as you guys but I have been going through all the seasons on Blu-ray watching about an episode a night and I'm currently on "Whatever Happened, Happened". Only 5 more episodes for me to rewatch and I'll be just in time for the premiere!

Also I hope to pass all my courses on Lost University before then. I've already got 3 A's in Science 201, Physics 101 and History 101! I haven't cheated yet although I'll admit that I didn't make the raft that the Jungle Survival class wanted me to do. I didn't have the toothpics. :p Look for Jazaret on the deans list! :p

mehdi_san

There is just too much tension on GAF right now. People counting days for Lost, for the apple tablet, for platinum's new game, etc... I can't keep up with this ^^
Anyway, if the 5 minutes preview leaks on Youtube I really think I'll watch it. I don't think it will spoil the experience, because if it was true why would ABC even offer it then?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I'm really trying to cherish my last moments of ignorance, it's all happening so fast for me.

BB's thread goes up tomorrow... S6 is getting realer by the minute.

Nameless said:
jackface.jpg

And what are SUPPOSED to do!?
and Caesar :lol

RevoDS

Rewatch isn't going well for me. Running late...17 episodes (the whole of S5 in short) to watch in 7 days. Hopefully I'll have enough time to finish until next Tuesday.

SpeedingUptoStop

Hm, so the subtitle thing during this replay of The Incident reveals that the tapestry Jacob made has lines from Homer's Odyssey written in greek. they go:

"may the gods grand thee all that one desires."

"May the gods grant thee happiness."

RevoDS said:
Rewatch isn't going well for me. Running late...17 episodes (the whole of S5 in short) to watch in 7 days. Hopefully I'll have enough time to finish until next Tuesday.

You're running late? Heh you should see what I have ahead of me. I'm on S03E18. So that means I have 36 episodes to watch in 7 days? Then again, I had to watch it in HD so I didn't get S1 until 1/8, so I've watched 66 episodes in 18 days =) Think I'll make it?

SpeedingUptoStop

Nameless said:
How awesome would they be if they did a stealth airing of the premiere after this Incident replay?

and yeah Speeding, Jacob's tapestry is quite interesting.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob's_tapestry
On the front cover of Lost: The Complete Third Season, the text "Jacob loves you" is visible.

Lost-S3DVD.jpg

MIND FUCKING BLOWN

how did I not notice this....ever before?!!

also:
In November 2009, executive producer Damon Lindelof stated that, regarding the scene in "Pilot, Part 2" where Locke explains to Walt the premise of backgammon using the concept of light and dark, he and fellow co-creator JJ Abrams had planned for those two sides to eventually be personified by two individuals (in reference to Jacob and his enemy).
Cash fucking money!

Also neat:
Jacob says the words "I'm sorry" to about half the characters he meets off-island: Sawyer (in reference to his parents' deaths), Ilana (an apology for not arriving sooner), Sayid (introducing a request for help), and John (in sympathy). He does not say these words to Kate, Sun, Jin, Jack, or Hurley.

big ander

SpeedingUptoStop said:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/6/65/Lost-S3DVD.jpg[IMG]
MIND FUCKING BLOWN

also:
Cash fucking money!

Also neat:[/QUOTE]Seasons 2 and 3 were the first sets I grabbed, and I noticed this the day I opened the season 3 set. Now I really know what it means. :lol

My guess: the I'm sorrys die, the others don't.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
big ander said:
My guess: the I'm sorrys die, the others don't.
Dammit, Kate!

Nameless

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Lost-S3DVD.jpg

MIND FUCKING BLOWN

also:
Cash fucking money!

Also neat:

daaaaaamn.. See the cover art constantly on my Netflix instant queue and never noticed it either.

and

jacob's tapestry depicts a pair of wings outstretched from an encircled Eye of Horus, and what appear to be seventeen long arms emanating like rays out from the eye. The hands at the ends of the arms grope for nine human figures who appear to be at the mercy of the hands, while on either side a king sits in a throne and observes.

Illana, Sayid, Locke, Kate, Jack, Jin, Sun, Hurley, and Sawyer=Nine people Jacob touched in The Incident. Ehh, I guess he didn't actually touch Illana, but still. Or you could replace Illana with Claire and you have the 9 passengers of 815 who are part of the main cast.

big ander

Nameless said:
daaaaaamn.. See the cover art constantly on my Netflix instant queue and never noticed it either.

and

Illana, Sayid, Locke, Kate, Jack, Jin, Sun, Hurley, and Sawyer=Nine people Jacob touched in The Incident.
Holy shit!
Man this can only get better. :D
How are you guys watching the premiere? With people? In a dark room by yourself?

EDIT: Just watched Follow the Leader. Great ep, perfect set up for the Incident.
Don't really understand why it's considered Richard centric.
I think it's been said, but Lockes leadership of the Others is weird. He's leader for all of a couple hours or less, disappears for 3 years, and then Flocke is like "Hay guys I'm leader remember?" And the Others follow like sheep. :lol Guess that's the point of the episode though.

There are hieroglyphs at the bottom right of the S5 cover, I think. Say something along the lines of "the summond one" or something.

Edit. Checked, it's "The summoned one ordains it."

Nameless

big ander said:
Holy shit!
Man this can only get better. :D
How are you guys watching the premiere? With people? In a dark room by yourself?

EDIT: Just watched Follow the Leader. Great ep, perfect set up for the Incident.
Don't really understand why it's considered Richard centric.
I think it's been said, but Lockes leadership of the Others is weird. He's leader for all of a couple hours or less, disappears for 3 years, and then Flocke is like "Hay guys I'm leader remember?" And the Others follow like sheep. :lol Guess that's the point of the episode though.

Well he announced his leadership to Richard some 53 years ago and if you go back to S3 they had been "waiting" for him which is why Ben get's his panties tangles upon Locke's arrival. I also like how Jack telling Richard not to give up on Locke probably had a hand in Richard following his orders so implicitly :lol

There will probably be a couple people around while the premiere is on, but I already know I'm going to lock myself in my room and watch it on the laptop once it's over. And of course there will be Vodka & OJ to help me ignore everything and everyone around me anyway.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Hm, so the subtitle thing during this replay of The Incident reveals that the tapestry Jacob made has lines from Homer's Odyssey written in greek. they go:

"may the gods grand thee all that one desires."

"May the gods grant thee happiness."

A third quote was mentioned from the tapestry that "Only the dead know no war"... or something like that by an "unknown" author.

Rokam

ErasureAcer said:
A third quote was mentioned from the tapestry that "Only the dead know no war"... or something like that by an "unknown" author.

Only the dead see [know] the end of war.

Surely I can't be the only who's suddenly gotten a lot more serious about the rewatch after the Premiere.

I'm watching Exodus right now. How did anyone not see Artz getting liquified. What was he thinking?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom