• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

BlinkGT said:
1st review : nothing :eek:

Some never-seen-before campaign scenes, so be careful about spoils.

Can't believe I'm going to say this but the game actually looked pretty good from that review, the SP at least.

Oh, I see you took it down.

Anyone know when the proper reviews for the game are out? Presume there is an embargo, but have not been anything on the usual sites stating when they will be releasing theirs.

Spydy

Banned
Stupid question and slightly OT, but does anyone know if the PS3 version supports wide-band voice through the official headset?

Beat the campaign on Veteran last night. Great, great, AAA, experience. Absolutely loved it. Took me 11.5 hours; and no, I did not rush through it. I was transfixed; couldn't pull myself away!

MortalMonkey said:
Beat the campaign on Veteran last night. Great, great, AAA, experience. Absolutely loved it. Took me 11.5 hours; and no, I did not rush through it. I was transfixed; couldn't pull myself away!

tell me more

Eric WK

MortalMonkey said:

Can you comment on the difficulty of Veteran this time out? And does the difficulty come from the same things that made Call of Duty 4's campaign tough (infinitely respawning enemies, frustrating choke points) or has that stuff been toned down in favor of more routine difficulty scaling?

And how much to have your copy overnighted to me? Would $100 get it done? Doubt it. $125?

Eric WK

Just read some more story stuff. The plotlines are fucking ridiculous.

F#A#Oo said:
Man the MP looks like they have done their best to make it noob friendly...

Call of Duty 4 was incredibly "noob friendly" too. There was still an insane disparity between high level players and the average player.

But speaking of MP footage, here's one of the best videos I've seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7fmS9YppzQ

Razien

Banned
F#A#Oo said:
Man the MP looks like they have done their best to make it noob friendly...

Hi, you just captured the essence of most of the biggest successes this gen (Halo, Gears of War, CoD4...).

F#A#Oo

Banned
Razien said:
Hi, you just captured the essence of most of the biggest successes this gen (Halo, Gears of War, CoD4...).

I think your wrong...

I think generally people have woken up to competitive online shooters.

I'm more concerned that MP will become a clusterfuck. I haven't watched the videos but, with all the new perks/kill streaks and what not, I just have a hard time seeing it all coming together with out exploits and chaos. I can only hope it isn't broken.

Eric WK

Nardonicus said:
Ridiculous as in awesome? or rediculous as in rediculously stupid? (no spoilers please)

Ridiculous as in impossible garbage. The idea that story co-op didn't make the cut to preserve the quality of the story is silly. Of course, I don't doubt that there are gameplay reasons it wouldn't have worked perfectly.

Eric WK said:
Ridiculous as in impossible garbage. The idea that story co-op didn't make the cut to preserve the quality of the story is silly. Of course, I don't doubt that there are gameplay reasons it wouldn't have worked perfectly.

Link? (PM?)

Eric WK said:

I wouldn't expect a great story from a CoD game anyway, however I did enjoy Big Red One's story, that game was awesome.

Reno7728

Eric WK said:

Could you link where you found this (via pm probably) because i couldn't find it in a quick google search

Eric WK

CrazedArabMan said:
So this game (SP) will definitely be carried by its gameplay then, and not by the so called cinematic story that they said. That's a shame, it did however work for Borderlands, not much plot, but was and still is really fun to play.

Yeah, I'm fine with that. The story/writing/what have you is the last reason I'm buying this game.

I don't care that the plot is garbage, I just wish it wasn't used as justification for cutting story co-op. The idea that this sub-Michael Bay story would be ruined by cooperative play is ludicrous.

Remember about a month ago when all the MP vids were just coming out, and IW told us there was something left to show us that would make us forget about all the other things we heard? Do we know what that is yet?
Is it the nuke?

Dabanton

Eric WK said:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...erid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=28#post367857285

In case anyone missed what I'm linking, these are story spoilers. Click at your own discretion.

Hmm those aren't too bad,pretty cheesy but what do people expect from CoD?

It sounds balls to the wall ridiculous and that's a good thing, if the stages are as exciting as the first game and from the snatches i've see they are, i don't care.

Also the guy giving the spoilers said that he rushed through most of the campaign and wasn't paying attention at certain points.Which is the perfect way to try and understand a story.

kylej

Banned
the blood on the screen in multiplayer looks like melted sugar. someone told me yesterday "it's like everyone is a giant jelly donut"

HooCares

Neo Member
Was gonna make a long post about the multi perks to discuss but at this point, fuck it. The official thread should be up tomorrow right? I'll just wait for that.

Eric WK

h4k said:
For all the 360 people that have the game early and are playing online, why risk getting banned?

Because if you legitimately bought or otherwise obtained a copy you will 100%, no fucking chance get banned.

They know who pirated and who didn't. If you didn't, you're fine.

DoomGyver

h4k said:
For all the 360 people that have the game early and are playing online, why risk getting banned?
If you have a real copy and play online you won't get banned.

Stats are going to be wiped on 11/10/09 anyways.

Stantron

kylej said:
the blood on the screen in multiplayer looks like melted sugar. someone told me yesterday "it's like everyone is a giant jelly donut"
Agreed, it looks pretty silly.
The blood effect seems to splatter onto the player's monitor/tv screen which is a 2D plane, but I think that's odd considering you are playing from a first person perspective.

snack

Eric WK said:
Because if you legitimately bought or otherwise obtained a copy you will 100%, no fucking chance get banned.

They know who pirated and who didn't. If you didn't, you're fine.

Oh.. But I thought if you played a game before the release date you'd get banned.

Stantron said:
The blood effect seems to splatter onto the player's monitor/tv screen which is a 2D plane, but I think that's odd considering you are playing from a first person perspective.
I've always thought this was strange as well, unless your character is wearing a helmet or something.

Semi-unrelated, but that video made me think of it. Yes, I'm a noob for asking this, but why do so many players bring up the scope when firing a sniper, yet shoot before you can even see what's in the scope. Is it some stupid aim-assist trick that improves accuracy or something?

Stantron said:
I haven't seen the character models, but perhaps the characters are wearing goggles or other eyewear?

-PXG-

I think I'm actually going to like this game. I couldn't get into CoD 4 because it just seemed kind of dull. You're a soldier doing regular ass soldier shit in hostile environments. In MW2, you're part of a badass task force, doing crazy, Hollywood-esque stuff. It's not as realistic. It's more exaggerated, and I like that.

I never thought I was ever going to jump on the Call of Duty bandwagon. Is it too late?

GeeDuhb

Accident said:
You can't be in party chat while playing some playlists:

gamechat.jpg

Ok, just seeing this as I am catching it from the stream of media citing GAF this morning, so maybe I am late to the party...but this better be ONLY for select playlists, or I will be pissed. I totally understand and agree with it on modes where you are muted from talking to the team after death. However, I constantly use party chat with my actual friends while playing team deathmatch (which is a majority of what we play) and if they just sloppily implemented this throughout the whole game...

I love the party chat while playing with friends for two reasons; one, not having to listen to other people (and idiot, shittalking kids) while carrying on a conversation with friends, and two, when I am talking to my friends, I don't want to hold back because other random people are listening (and when you are talking in the game chat about random things, people tend to tell you to STFU, instead of simply muting you or unplugging their headsets.)

I will go back and read responses since yesterday, but if anyone has more info on this, please direct me to it...

dagZ

GeeDuhb said:
Ok, just seeing this as I am catching it from the stream of media citing GAF this morning, so maybe I am late to the party...but this better be ONLY for select playlists, or I will be pissed. I totally understand and agree with it on modes where you are muted from talking to the team after death. However, I constantly use party chat with my actual friends while playing team deathmatch (which is a majority of what we play) and if they just sloppily implemented this throughout the whole game...

I love the party chat while playing with friends for two reasons; one, not having to listen to other people (and idiot, shittalking kids) while carrying on a conversation with friends, and two, when I am talking to my friends, I don't want to hold back because other random people are listening (and when you are talking in the game chat about random things, people tend to tell you to STFU, instead of simply muting you or unplugging their headsets.)

I will go back and read responses since yesterday, but if anyone has more info on this, please direct me to it...

xbox live party chats are allowed for team deathmatch and Hardcore team deathmatch.

Top Bottom