• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

GeeDuhb said:
Ok, just seeing this as I am catching it from the stream of media citing GAF this morning, so maybe I am late to the party...but this better be ONLY for select playlists, or I will be pissed. I totally understand and agree with it on modes where you are muted from talking to the team after death. However, I constantly use party chat with my actual friends while playing team deathmatch (which is a majority of what we play) and if they just sloppily implemented this throughout the whole game...

I love the party chat while playing with friends for two reasons; one, not having to listen to other people (and idiot, shittalking kids) while carrying on a conversation with friends, and two, when I am talking to my friends, I don't want to hold back because other random people are listening (and when you are talking in the game chat about random things, people tend to tell you to STFU, instead of simply muting you or unplugging their headsets.)

I will go back and read responses since yesterday, but if anyone has more info on this, please direct me to it...

It's probably just for Search and Destroy.

Eric WK said:
Everything has been multiplied by 10. TDM goes up to 7500 now, etc.

5tz2mf.jpg

Why?

Eric WK

Graf Nudu said:

Huh? To allow for more nuance in the rewards. For example, a triple kill nets the player 75 bonus points. Under the old system this wouldn't be possible.

The leveling requirements have been increased proportionately. I don't understand what the problem is.

GeeDuhb

[Nintex] said:
With the game being leaked and all, do we know how long the single player campaign is?

I have not seen much talk (but honestly, have not looked much) but I have seen a few different people say 10+...if true, that would be hella impressive, considering MW's was about 6.

[Nintex] said:
The MP is a complete mess and no dedicated servers so if the single player isn't a total bust it might actually be worth it.

Get a console, and those problems go away :lol

Yeah, I know...I don't want to be flamed...

Hyunkel6

GeeDuhb said:
I have not seen much talk (but honestly, have not looked much) but I have seen a few different people say 10+...if true, that would be hella impressive, considering MW's was about 6.

I heard the exact opposite: that the SP was about the same length than MW's, and thus, between 6-8 hours. I guess it depends on the difficulty you are playing. Most COD vets will begin on Hardcore, and probably will get around 10+ hours out of the SP.

butts

Teetris said:
Harbor remake?

Couldnt really tell, but that would be cool. What part of the map do you think it is? I didnt think it looked like Harbor but I could definitely be wrong.

PREDATOR MISSILE PREDATOR MISSILE PREDATOR MISSILE I REPEAT PREDATOR MISSILE

Dabanton

-PXG- said:
I never thought I was ever going to jump on the Call of Duty bandwagon. Is it too late?

No. You'll be the first of many who'll be getting back on the hype train by the end of the week. :lol

MDSLKTR

BattleMonkey said:
People play the single player?

I'm buying it primarly for the sp. The footage from the review was on par with my expectations. The mp looks too much like a mess and the hud is atrocious. Hopefully someone re-engineers it on pc.

Synless

CrazedArabMan said:
It actually is one week now before release date, then an official thread can go up.
When did they change it? The last few games to be released such as R&C and Uncharted 2 have all had there threads up two weeks in advance. Is this a relatively new rule or what? I'm just curious for future reference fyi.

Synless said:
When did they change it? The last few games to be released such as R&C and Uncharted 2 have all had there threads up two weeks in advance. Is this a relatively new rule or what? I'm just curious for future reference fyi.

Are you sure, I know the ODST thread, Operation Flashpoint, Borderlands, etc... were all up only a week before, that's been the rule for a while I believe.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Synless said:

It's not a new rule, it just wasn't being enforced 100%.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Alot of people still fail to realise that not everyone goes online...we gamers do but the average buyer of games are still on the single player offline experience.

kuYuri

Synless said:

I think it happened very recently, like within the last two weeks.

EDIT: never mind

Synless

EviLore said:
It's not a new rule, it just wasn't being enforced 100%.
Ahh, makes sense. I was going to say almost every thread I've seen since I started visiting here in like 2006 had been up two weeks prior to release.

F#A#Oo said:
Alot of people still fail to realise that not everyone goes online...we gamers do but the average buyer of games are still on the single player offline experience.

I would have believed that in 2002. Not in 2009.

GeeDuhb

fizzelopeguss said:
The console versions don't have dedicated servers either, brains.

Then what is the big deal?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't recall CoD4 on consoles having dedicated servers, and I never had any issues.

The only reason I said that was because most of the "no dedicated servers" crying that I have heard was on the PC side, so I thought that is what he was referring to...

Eric WK

Synless said:
I don't know why you laugh. It's why I buy the games.

Because there are over 10 million people on the Xbox 360 multiplayer leaderboards.

Yes, I'm sure most people only play the single player.

Az

Was just watching a Multiplayer stream on JTV and looks like recoil is almost non existant on some weapons.

Synless

Eric WK said:
Because there are over 10 million people on the Xbox 360 multiplayer leaderboards.

Yes, I'm sure most people only play the single player.
I wasn't talking about a majority. I was talking about some people who buy the games for the single player experience and enjoy the MP as an afterthought. That's how every game I've ever bought works.

Synless said:
I wasn't talking about a majority. I was talking about some people who buy the games for the single player experience and enjoy the MP as an afterthought. That's how every game I've ever bought works.

Perhaps for you. I've never bought a COD for it's single player after going through the first 2.

F#A#Oo

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
I would have believed that in 2002. Not in 2009.

IIRC IW released stats that only 30% or so actually went online with CoD4.

Its not surprising really...Nintendo is rewarding people who hook other Wii owners up to online.

Eric WK

Synless said:

Okay. That's great.

I wasn't replying to any comment about your purchasing and playing habits. I was replying to a post that said most people only play the single player.

Synless

Eric WK said:
Okay. That's great.

I wasn't replying to any comment about your purchasing and playing habits. I was replying to a post that said most people only play the single player.
As someone posted above statistics showed only about 30% of people played CoD4 online so I guess I'm not alone.

Edit* Unless that number is completely made up.

F#A#Oo said:
IIRC IW released stats that only 30% or so actually went online with CoD4.

Its not surprising really...Nintendo is rewarding people who hook other Wii owners up to online.

I doubt that, considering there are over 10 million people on the leaderboards.

Synless said:
As someone posted above statistics showed only about 30% of people played CoD4 online so I guess I'm not alone.
I just don't understand how you can have 10m XBL accounts on the leaderboards, but yet only 30% of people played it online. So, 33m people played the single-player portion of CoD4 just on 360? I doubt that.

Synless

CrayzeeCarl said:
I just don't understand how you can have 10m XBL accounts on the leaderboards, but yet only 30% of people played it online. So, 33m people played the single-player portion of CoD4 just on 360? I doubt that.
I edited my post. I was under the impression that he had some data to back that up.

Eric WK

No, there's no way. Even accounting for people with multiple gamertags, you're still looking at 25+ million people on a single platform.

Enosh

corkscrewblow said:
Source? or are you just talking out of your ass?
the average online vs offline for RTS games is somewhere around 5-10% people who do play online and 90-95% who don't
FPS games are a lot more "noob friendly" but still I don't think that the % would go over 30-40%

CrayzeeCarl said:
a lot of people just try it without playing more than once or twice

Top Bottom