• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

F#A#Oo

Banned
:lol

CoD4 has sold 13m copies last PR that was released.:D

10m on leaderboards? Yep 360 has 10m unique users. Oh and 10m sales of the 13m right?:lol

BattleMonkey said:
People play the single player?

I really dont play mp in anything, very little, at least im not like a friend of mines, the only game he plays is cod 4 mp, thats the only game he EVER plays, fucking pathetic I tell him.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
butts said:
Couldnt really tell, but that would be cool. What part of the map do you think it is? I didnt think it looked like Harbor but I could definitely be wrong.

PREDATOR MISSILE PREDATOR MISSILE PREDATOR MISSILE I REPEAT PREDATOR MISSILE
I got the feeling at the begin. When I saw the missile map it didn't feel like it anymore but still looks like it could be based off it

Mileena

Banned
F#A#Oo said:

10m on leaderboards? Yep 360 has 10m unique users. Oh and 10m sales of the 13m right?:lol
So you have no source on your 30% statistic. I thought so.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I don't play competitive MP either. Sometimes I like the co-op stuff, but single player experiences are where it's at for me. I know most of my friends (late 20s to late 30s) are the same.

I would like to play the MW2 solo campaign and try the co-op stuff, but I honestly don't want to give activision a cent. I might get it second hand when it's cheap and I never do that. Or get it and trade it in quickly (campaign sounds really short).

I personally think it's a shame that all developers feel forced by reviewers to implement MP in every single game. I would like to know the percentages of people who bought games play single player and might try MP compared to the people who play MP the majority of the time.

Thunderbear said:
I personally think it's a shame that all developers feel forced by reviewers to implement MP in every single game.

Yeah, I'm sure Infinity Ward is really regretting the decision to put multiplayer in Call of Duty 4.

kevm3

This sounds like COD 4 EXTREEEME edition. I'll have to wait to play before I make a judgment, but some of the perks together sound heavily overpowered. For example, how is this a tier 1 perk?

One Man Army (Tier 1)
Standard: Swap classes at any time
Pro: Swap Classes faster

Dual attachments also a Tier 1 perk? You can have an M16 with Silencer, Red Dot and Stopping Power.

kevm3 said:
This sounds like COD 4 EXTREEEME edition. I'll have to wait to play before I make a judgment, but some of the perks together sound heavily overpowered. For example, how is this a tier 1 perk?

One Man Army (Tier 1)

Dual attachments also a Tier 1 perk? You can have an M16 with Silencer, Red Dot and Stopping Power.

But the silencer decreases bullet range.

F#A#Oo said:

Yes a person can have multiple accounts, plus thats not counting those who bought and sold the game, as well as rentals. But you toss in the millions of numbers for players on PS3 and PC and really shows an insane amount of people have logged into COD4 online.

I have no doubt majority of players who touched COD4 have gone online at some point.

cameltoe

kevm3 said:

One Man Army (Tier 1)

You give up your secondary to use OMA

kamspy

The videos look too over the top for what I want out of MW2.

But, IW still hasn't released a bad game, so I'm still cautiously giving them the benefit of the doubt.

As for "not giving activision my money". I don't really care one way or another.

minx

kevm3 said:

One Man Army (Tier 1)

Shh don't tell everyone what the best combos will be. I still think a silenced p90 with "rapid fire" and "stopping power" is going to be insanely overpowered. Imagine stopping power WITH double tap, that's insane.

scoobs

I'm seriously glad I'm not buying this game, i have a feeling everyone running around with double tap would be incredibly frustrating. Grenade spam + double taps + grenade spam = mwf2

HooCares

Neo Member
scoobs said:
I'm seriously glad I'm not buying this game, i have a feeling everyone running around with double tap would be incredibly frustrating. Grenade spam + double taps + grenade spam = mwf2

You only spawn with one Frag now thank god. Frag x3 is gone. It ruined some Cod4 maps.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
To anyone with the European PS3 version. Does it support multi-language or at least an English language option alongside the region specific one?

F#A#Oo

Banned
TTP said:
To anyone with the European PS3 version. Does it support multi-language or at least an English language option alongside the region specific one?

Bowling has already confirmed this as "No"...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
F#A#Oo said:
Bowling has already confirmed this as "No"...

The fuck. This shit again after COD4?

Now I'll have to buy the UK version, meaning I wont be able to buy DLC :(

Last chance: you sure he was referring to the PS3 version yes?

F#A#Oo

Banned
Lynexis wrote:mad:fourzerotwo: What's the reason you don't ship a multi-language version - or at least a version with english language and local subs?

fourzerotwo wrote:mad:Lynexis: Typically not enough space on the disc to include the full game, english language & localized audio / dialogue for each region.

This is BS but what can one do.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
F#A#Oo said:
Lynexis wrote:mad:fourzerotwo: What's the reason you don't ship a multi-language version - or at least a version with english language and local subs?

fourzerotwo wrote:mad:Lynexis: Typically not enough space on the disc to include the full game, english language & localized audio / dialogue for each region.

Hunt down all the IW geeks and beat them senseless. Get on it! :D

F#A#Oo said:

Sure....not even on PS3....I mean it's not like a BD has a capacity of 25GB or anything.... :/

kuYuri

corkscrewblow said:
Not as bad as noob tube. I really hope that shit is gone.

I got bad news for you...

alfmac said:
Guys, can we use the xbox live party with MW2?

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, but with some exceptions. Certain playlists in competitive mp will not allow you to use party chat.

Weenerz

Banned
That sentry gun, holy fuck does it look like it will be brutal in tight spaces and corners. I blame Team Fortress 2 for giving IW that idea :lol

Violater

With all the gimmicks in MW2 I have lost track.
I would have been so happy with just new guns and levels minus the noob tube, martyrdom and last stand.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Violater said:
I would have been so happy with just new guns and levels minus the noob tube, martyrdom and last stand.

Me too. Then again I felt the same way when I saw the first MW. I hated the idea of perks. So maybe I'll change my mind again.

Mad Max

HooCares said:
I'm kinda gonna miss Deep Impact - it was so great on the LMG's for drilling hiding bitches through walls.

Yeah it sucks that they seem to have removed it.. But maybe now it just depends on the weapon you're using instead.

HooCares

Neo Member
Violater said:

The main one I don't like is the airdrop - slot machine - into AC130. Even if it's rare, why introduce such a powerful bonus as a matter of random luck?

Violater

Brian Fellows said:
Me too. Then again I felt the same way when I saw the first MW. I hated the idea of perks. So maybe I'll change my mind again.

Indeed you may be right, but for an infantry centric game I find the addition of many of these things to be a tad overkill.
This just makes me think MW3 will be a space shooter :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Any PS3 version impressions or a linked pic? I don't want huge spoilers as I have been avoiding almost everything here.

kuYuri

Deep Impact perk is gone and has been replaced by FMJ bullets, which I think is an attachment. I don't know if FMJ bullets is for every weapon though.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Any PS3 version impressions or a linked pic? I don't want huge spoilers as I have been avoiding almost everything here.

The one video I had saved with PS3 footage got pulled. =/

Raxus

Eric WK said:
Party Chat is disabled in a good number of the ranked multiplayer playlists.
Skype. For you dirty dirty cheaters out there that would rather talk to buddies instead of listen to a 6 year old play his first FPS.

Weenerz

Banned
I just don't see the point in removing the videos, unless they don't have as much confidence as they let on. Sure people will bash it because its different from CoD4, doesn't mean people won't buy it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Eric WK said:
Double Tap is an attachment now.

So, wait wait wait, you can have double tap, stopping power, steady aim, and sleight of hand at the same time?

HooCares

Neo Member
EviLore said:
So, wait wait wait, you can have double tap, stopping power, steady aim, and sleight of hand at the same time?

boom.gif

Top Bottom