• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moé/Lolicon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Pandaman said:
this is the anime you know:

the anime that existed at the end of the twentieth century, it exists now only as exaggerated homages that we call nostalgia.

Welcome, to the season of the moe.

I dunno, there has been a HECK of alot of Fist of the North Star in the 2000's, and many other shows besides. Also the seasons 2008 - 2009 are pretty slim to none on non-moe.

9s8k7n.jpg

A friend of mine was wondering what show this is.

rpmurphy

GDGF said:
I don't know what the hell is going on anymore.

My anime lexicon is years out of date, and I'm starting to think Ranma 1/2 was moe. Stop fucking with my mind, GAF.
Ranma is just kodomo/shonen.

Jex

Sora no otoshimono. From wikipedia "The plot revolves around a boy in the town of Sorami named Tomoki Sakurai who is one day invited by his childhood friend Sohara Mitsuki and Eishirō Sugata (the leader of "The New World" club) to come at midnight to witness a strange object seen crossing through their town's sky. Tomoki goes alone and as the strange object comes close, Sugata calls to warn him to get away from it. What falls from the sky is a creature called an Angeloid named Ikaros.

Ikaros imprints on Tomoki after he rescues her from being destroyed by falling debris. She introduces herself as a "Pet-Class" Angeloid and offers to fulfill any wishes Tomoki may have. In time, she begins to pick up human characteristics from her involvement with Tomoki and more of her past is revealed. We soon discover that Ikaros has left "the Heavens" in disarray, and various Angeloids are sent to retrieve her."

Tunin

This is why I quit anime/manga a long time ago.

I just can't stand it, sometimes it becomes senseless due the high levels of "kawaii" stuff on. And I didn't even mentioned the repetition.

Thank god we still have Vertigo.

Novid

Banned
Tunin said:
This is why I quit anime/manga a long time ago.

I just can't stand it, sometimes it becomes senseless due the high levels of "kawaii" stuff on. And I didn't even mentioned the repetition.

Thank god we still have Vertigo.

Do you mean Vertical?

But has any american dubber follow Vertigo's/Vertical business model? Or started diversication?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Basically this kind of shit is why I've hardly seen any anime made in the past 5 years. I can't stand it. I find the pedovibe I get from it to be just vile, and the vast majority of it is boring, repetitive garbage anyway. It's basically the same effect that reality TV had on my American TV viewing habits...I only watching sporting events and the rarer, standout premium cable shows.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thaedolus said:
I can't stand it. I find the pedovibe I get from it to be just vile, and the vast majority of it is boring, repetitive garbage anyway.
If it's the "pedovibe" you're worried about might I suggest Girls Bravo as an appropriate remedy. It portrays the everyday struggle of a boy venturing into the realm of MAN HOOD!

Also lots of tits and ass.
Oh very cheeky.

Jex

Thaedolus said:
Basically this kind of shit is why I've hardly seen any anime made in the past 5 years. I can't stand it. I find the pedovibe I get from it to be just vile, and the vast majority of it is boring, repetitive garbage anyway. It's basically the same effect that reality TV had on my American TV viewing habits...I only watching sporting events and the rarer, standout premium cable shows.

I dunno, 2006 and 2007 look like they were pretty sweet years, by the number of quality titles in them. Plus it's not like anyone has to go out and watch every show of the season. I don't think that it's fair to tar all of anime with the same brush, as if just because theres alot of crap and creepy shows that there isn't some gold as well. Just because someone is making reality tv doesn't mean some else isn't making the Wire.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
BGBW said:
If it's the "pedovibe" you're worried about might I suggest Girls Bravo as an appropriate remedy. It portrays the everyday struggle of a boy venturing into the realm of MAN HOOD!

Also lots of tits and ass.
Oh very cheeky.

The pedovibe is just one of the things I hate about it. It makes me go from thinking the creators are talentless hacks to sick fucks. And I dunno if you are seriously recommending Girls Bravo or not but...ugh...

I don't mind tits and ass showing up when appropriate, but I don't get off watching entire shows dedicated to ridiculous fanservice, and I really doubt they can serve any other purpose than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom