• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DeathSmiles getting US release

bloke

This obviously needs separate thread :D

Deathsmiles Magically Gets Stateside Release

By Spencer . January 15, 2010 . 6:01pm

imageFor the first time ever, a console port of a Cave shoot ‘em up is being localized. Deathsmiles has been picked up for North America.

Deathsmiles is a horizontal shoot ‘em up with a gothic lolita theme. In typical Cave style it’s heavy on bullets plus enemies attack from both sides. Japan got an Xbox 360 port last year with polished 3D models.

Unfortunately, we can’t reveal the North American publisher, but as a Siliconera reader you know of them. They are keying some “yummy” script in their PCs right now.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/01/15/deathsmiles-magically-gets-stateside-release/

Cypher

Hopefully this publisher will pick up all 360 Cave games for U.S. release!

- Ketsui
- DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label
- Mushihimesama Futari Ver. 1.5
- Espagulda II
- DeathSmiles II

Bring it!

Quixzlizx said:
Glad I held out on buying a J-360, with Mushihime and now this available.

Same, but the jury is still out on future shooters. I wouldn't mind all the older ones we've missed out on either...

Tain

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

homer2.gif

ibaqog.gif

:D

Enron

Banned
epmode said:
People avoid Cave shooters because of the art? It's not possible to miss the point any harder.

You control some loli chick and fly around a screen or some crap.

Also

"On the back of the arcade game poster, there is a template for a skirt blowing game. In the game, the player attempts to blow up the skirt or petticoat of the model to see her underwear. The player scores 30 points for blowing up a skirt and 50 points for blowing up a petticoat. Points are deducted if a pumpkin or tombstone is knocked over."

eeeeeeyeah. Pervgame total.

264001302.jpg

You think your mom is proud of you?

It's like a dream come true.

I know I've already gotten a pony but how about Otomedius next?

Seriously though I actually teared up a little when I read this news.

Linkhero1

Oh would it be too much trouble to ask for a list of localized and non-localized shmups for the 360?

Only Shmups I have on my 360 are Raiden IV, Raiden Fighter Aces and Ikaruga

Still, will be most likely NTSC-U/S only so us folks in Europe still have to buy J-360 (which is what I'm doing on my trip to HK soon).

And sorry for saying this, but either the game is reduced in price or it has some educational campaign. Otherwise we all know it will bomb hard.

vireland

B.K. said:
Probably. They're doing that Cho Aniki shooter, so they'll do anything.

Wait, what? Aksys is doing Cho Aniki? I mean, there's crazy, and then there's CRAZY. I had no idea they were bringing that over here.

Death Smiles isn't Gaijinworks. It was on my "to get" list, but I've been too busy with other titles to work it. Glad it's coming over here anyway, and I REALLY hope it gets the localization it deserves. The game ROCKS. One of my favorites from the last 5 years or so. I just hope it's not a Majesco release, which would virtually guarantee a crap localization...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Linkhero1 said:
Oh would it be too much trouble to ask for a list of localized and non-localized shmups for the 360?

Well on XBLA. You also have Trigger Hearts and Omega Five.
US State side release, You are missing Senko No Rondo
And JPN Regional Free for MushihimeSama Futari version 1.5

I feel stupid for owning the JPN copy of Death Smiles now lol

shintoki said:

Even when it's 10$ in most stores research before you buy. The game is a mix of 2D fighter and SHMUP, and a lot of people found it awkward. I love it though.

Linkhero1

shintoki said:
Well on XBLA. You also have Trigger Hearts and Omega Five.
And JPN Regional Free for MushihimeSama Futari version 1.5

I feel stupid for owning the JPN copy of Death Smiles now lol
Thanks will check these out. I wanna imnport MushihimeSama Futari but I'm worried they might release it here some time in the future.

Linkhero1 said:

I think this is all of them...

NA:
Raiden Fighters Aces
Raiden IV
Ikaruga
Aegis Wing (XBLA - free)
Omega Five (XBLA)
R-Type Dimensions (XBLA)
Triggerheart Exelica (XBLA)

JP:
DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label Extra
Mushihime-sama Futari 1.5 (region free, Black Label DLC)
Death Smiles (Black Label DLC)
Shikigami no Shiro 3
Shooting Love 200x
Mamoru-kun
Otomedius Gorgeous

Upcoming:
Death Smiles 2
Ketsui
Espgaluda 2
Guwange (XBLA - not sure if this is 100% confirmed)

Not Really a Shooter But Still Awesome:
WarTech: Senko no Ronde

Top Bottom