• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DeathSmiles getting US release

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Castor Krieg said:
Even when it's 10$ in most stores research before you buy. The game is a mix of 2D fighter and SHMUP, and a lot of people found it awkward. I love it though.
Yeah, I bought it without a bit of research other then "Its $5 and a shump for the 360!" and went "WTF is this shit! This is not what I expected! Where are my tiny ships flying parallel to me for me to explodify while the screen moves vertically or horizontally!"

geebee

Banned
vireland said:
Not really a shooter, per se, but a space combat game. Sucked.
I felt Senko no Ronde was more like a 1-on-1 shooter. Obviously best enjoyed playing against others. *shrugs*

vireland

geebee said:
I felt Senko no Ronde was more like a 1-on-1 shooter. Obviously best enjoyed playing against others. *shrugs*

I played against a lot of people (here and in Japan) and still hated it. It's more fighting strategy than traditional shooter. Not my style at all.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I know I've already gotten a pony but how about Otomedius next?

If they don't have a LE with the HORI in it then no.

Tain said:
i'd love for them to do a total american WarTech style boxart redesign so i could save some dignity

I understand you wanna save your dignity. But the loli is all powerful.

Tain

I remember scoffing at some people (sorry EOJ
even though I doubt you post here
) for saying that Senko no Ronde was a top-down Virtual On, back before I played it, but fuck, that's exactly what it is. I think you'd have to be crazy to love or hate one and not the other.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Well that's something I never thought I'd see, a Cave game getting released outside of Japan, so I'm happy for you guys that can nab it (as well as the two Raiden games).

On the other hand living in Scotland means my next shump hope is still on ESPgaluda II being Region Free, but the longer Cave stays silent the more I doubt that will happen.

ChryZ

What the fuck is wrong with those Japanese people. Why the need for disc based distro region drama? Release the stuff on XBLA or PSN. They'd be even able to self publish on PSN. Come on.

*smh*

Nasreddin

ChryZ said:
What the fuck is wrong with those Japanese people. Why the need for disc based distro region drama? Release the stuff on XBLA or PSN. They'd be even able to self publish on PSN. Come on.

*smh*
Those Japanese devs would like to release on XBLA. But Microsoft says no, so they have to go retail.

The anticipation builds.

I cant wait for this game to come out here, and I cant wait for ESPGaluda 2 to decide if it's region-free or not. If we don't get ESP2 region-free at least we still win with Deathsmiles <yes opinion pending for those who absolutely MUST shit up this thread>

I'm just excited to be able to sit down with it and finally learn the system, it's a lot more forgiving than Progear no Arashi's system, which for some reason I just could not get down.

danmaku

Probably the same mysterious company will take care of Esp2 localization... but it's Cave, so I expect more annoucements and more drama in the future.

*hugs his japanese 360*

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Absolutely fantastic news... now I heard Mamoru-kun may be coming to the US. I fucking LOVED that game when I played it at Otakon last year. And of course ESPGaluda II has to come here, then I will be in shmup heaven.

Nasreddin said:
Those Japanese devs would like to release on XBLA. But Microsoft says no, so they have to go retail.

Are we still running with that BS rumor from awhile back?

Cause I have no problems with listing all of the shooters that have released on XBLA after that alleged statement was made.

Can't blame Cave for believing that their games are worth more than $10-15. I also can't blame them for not exactly giving a crap about whether everyone in the world can play their games either.

For once we're seeing a publisher willing to waste their money to publish a Cave shooter. This is big enough news as it is and probably the best thing to happen in 2010.

Drame

Oh snap, I haven't even bought Mushimesama yet and DeathSmiles is getting western release? Hot dang!

Please be region free.

Cypher said:
Hopefully this publisher will pick up all 360 Cave games for U.S. release!

- Ketsui
- DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label
- Mushihimesama Futari Ver. 1.5
- Espagulda II
- DeathSmiles II

Bring it!

On one disc!

jiji said:
Give gamers an inch and they ask for a mile.
I'd be more than satisfied with Deathsmilies on one disc for 39.99 or so. Plus if the publisher is who I hope it is I'm sure there will be a nice little bonus thrown in somewhere.

Half a dozen games(which regularly retail for $60-70 apiece) on one disc for $20 is pure insanity though and is part of the reason why companies like Cave give the finger more often than not.

Hopefully UFO Interactive isn't the publisher cause we'll never see it.

Still waiting on Illvelo...waiting forever. Sad part is I know it's a Milestone game yet still I'm waiting for it.

stilgar

Enron said:
eeeeeeyeah. Pervgame total.

I swear, I saw your avatar and thought you were icecream. Then I read this sentence. Then I looked again at avatar. Then the sentence, and I was just about to make a screencap to keep an evidence of the bizarro world :lol :lol :lol

vireland said:
Wait, what? Aksys is doing Cho Aniki? I mean, there's crazy, and then there's CRAZY. I had no idea they were bringing that over here.
It's the most recent PSP game, and its a PSN release, so risk is minimized, that is, other then the fact that its a Cho-Aniki game.

vireland

HyperZone<3 said:
It's the most recent PSP game, and its a PSN release, so risk is minimized, that is, other then the fact that its a Cho-Aniki game.

Ah, digital. I get it. Almost zero risk. I don't know if the West is ready for Cho Aniki...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Dude seriously, wait til' you see what the publisher has planned for this US launch.

<3 x 1000

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
God's Beard said:
I'd pay full price for ESP Galuda 2, but that's about it.
I think 39.99$ is a good price for shmups. Anything lower is awesome, anything higher you run into the. Well...Games like Assassin's Creed II, Demon's Soul, Dragon's Age, Halo 3, are 59.99 when they came out. It gets kind of hard then to say they should 59.99. Pretty much then only the hardcore fans will get it. But the lower prices definitely let more impulse buy work.

MarkMan said:
Dude seriously, wait til' you see what the publisher has planned for this US launch.

<3 x 1000
AKSYS confirmed(You're close to those dudes anyway)?Mark, if you do a Seimitsu stick for this game, I'll buy two, no BS.

Gagaman

Looks like they've found a way around the whole loli thing. Here's the boxart..

2821cuv.jpg

robot

Awesome awesome awesome awesome. I've heard a lot about this game and have been dying to play it.

MarkMan said:

<3 x 1000

Body Pillow preorder bonus?

kazuo

MarkMan said:

<3 x 1000

Oh, Marcus. You're such a tease. ;)

Glad to see this has finally been announced/leaked!

Top Bottom