• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 coming to 360 "any day now"

Akia

link 1: http://www.destructoid.com/l-a-noir-no-longer-a-ps3-exclusive-hitting-360-as-well-162673.phtml
link 2: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62248

8204.marchcover.jpg

Full Cover Image

The title, which will be revealed in full in the next issue of Game Informer, is now confirmed to be coming to both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The info comes from Game Informer writer Matthew Kato, who in a comments thread on the magazine's Web site responded to questions regarding exclusivity.

"It's not a PS3-exclusive," he writes. "It was at one point, but it's coming out for the PS3 and 360."

GTAce

Banned
Yep, was announced ages ago that its not an exclusive anymore.
If they wont fuck up the PS3 version, i dont care.

Elios83

Rapping Granny said:
It's been multiplatform for years now.

QFT.
Hopefully it will be a good game although the troubled development makes me think that it could end up like a new The Getaway.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Vinci said:
And I wouldn't be remarkably surprised if Agent comes to 360 as well, in time.
Nah, Sony went to Rockstar and paid some cash to get a PS3 only game going. No way they're going to allow the game to make it's way elsewhere after funding it.

You can tell because Sony (think it was Trenton) was a bit disappointed that there wasn't much to announce about the Rockstar deal back in an interview. They gave them the deal and kinda waited around to see the results. Much different then seeing Agent and putting up some money to get it exclusively for their platform.

Even Rockstar said developing for just one system with Agent was very different, had it's benefits, etc.

p_p_o_d

Banned
Id dont know what you know about open world games (im a expert) but... blah blah..... rockstar have shoot them self in the foot........ yada yada ...

Looking forward to seeing the game but I'm yet to see a game with such a long dev cycle turn out good.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
So

what you're saying is

Metal Gear Solid™ 4: Guns of the Patriot is coming to the Xbox® 360!

Firewire

Banned
Vinci said:
And I wouldn't be remarkably surprised if Agent comes to 360 as well, in time.

Is the whole story behind L.A. Noire and The Agent true?

I think I read somewhere that Sony owned L.A. Noire, spent like 20 million on it, decided to scrap it but Rockstar took it over and instead of having to give Sony cash for the IP gave the exclusive rights to The Agent to Sony.

Or is this some internet bullshit? I don't really care and my personal feeling is that The Agent will eventually become multi.

sohois

chubigans said:
Nah, Sony went to Rockstar and paid some cash to get a PS3 only game going. No way they're going to allow the game to make it's way elsewhere after funding it.

You can tell because Sony (think it was Trenton) was a bit disappointed that there wasn't much to announce about the Rockstar deal back in an interview. They gave them the deal and kinda waited around to see the results. Much different then seeing Agent and putting up some money to get it exclusively for their platform.

Even Rockstar said developing for just one system with Agent was very different, had it's benefits, etc.

Yeah, but paying money to Rockstar didn't stop L&D and BoGT from moving to other platforms eventually.

Mrbob

Like all Rockstar 'exclusives', Agent will be timed for PS3. It will probably be out on 360 a year or so after the PS3 release. This is the MO Rockstar has used with their exclusives in the past.

Back to LA Noire, I'm glad it is still coming. The concept has sounded interesting...will it be out in 2010?

theBishop

Banned
Keikoku said:
Agent is probably next.

Probably, but I'm really hoping Agent is Rockstar's game that really targets the PS3 hardware. Dan Houser said in interviews way back that he didn't want next-gen consoles to use DVD again. We know how that went. So maybe a PS3-exclusive from them will take full advantage of blu-ray's capacity.

pr0cs

After GTA4 I think it's safe to say that R* is not doing exclusives for anyone. Timed exclusives only and for only as long as the money in the hat runs out.

GQman2121

Banned
Fuck the old (and played out) exclusive talk, the fact that they're releasing any kind of media about this game at all is what matters.

Elios83

Firewire said:
Is the whole story behind L.A. Noire and The Agent true?

I think I read somewhere that Sony owned L.A. Noire, spent like 20 million on it, decided to scrap it but Rockstar took it over and instead of having to give Sony cash for the IP gave the exclusive rights to The Agent to Sony.

Or is this some internet bullshit? I don't really care and my personal feeling is that The Agent will eventually become multi.

Nothing confirmed on that front.
But Team Bondi was making the game under a publishing deal with Sony. Sony decided to scrap the project because it was costing a lot of money and key milestones were not reached.
Take Two/Rockstar decided to pick up the game and wanted it to be multiplatform.
Sony made an exclusive contract with Rockstar for one game (The Agent), if that happened as a reward for LA Noire, for the loss of the GTA exclusive or for other reasons (money, good publishing deal) or a combination of those we don't know.

Firewire

Banned
Elios83 said:
Nothing confirmed on that front.
But Team Bondi was making the game under a publishing deal with Sony. Sony decided to scrap the project because it was costing a lot of money and key milestones were not reached.
Take Two/Rockstar decided to pick up the game and wanted it to be multiplatform.
Sony made an exclusive contract with Rockstar for one game (The Agent), if that happened as a reward for LA Noire, for the loss of the GTA exclusive or for other reasons (money, good publishing deal) or a combination of those we don't know.

Thanks for clearing that up. I always wondered about it.

But we all agree that Sony does better job of keeping any game exclusive if they want to as compared to MS, right?

Other than that, original trailer was in B&W. Would be really cool if developer is daring and make it B&W throughout.

Rpgmonkey

If it's at least somewhat well-written, this game could be really cool.

I've been looking forward to how this game turns out.

Top Bottom