• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let me put it like this: you suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
... we all suck.

When is the world going to work together to a common goal that benefits the world? And not just their own interests.

Ex. the Copenhagen meeting is a prime example of how much we suck.

What will it take to unite the world on a common goal? Outside threat? Inside threat? Destroy those who oppose the common goal?

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
It would take a common enemy, more precisely a giant octopus.

Banned
fanboi said:
... we all suck.

When is the world going to work together to a common goal that benefits the world? And not just their own interests.

What will it take to unite the world on a common goal? Outside threat? Inside threat? Destroy those who oppose the common goal?
What has the OP done?

fanboi

Banned
NoRéN said:
No, You suck for not liking Portal.

This might be true.
Don't like nonetheless.

Outside threat.

and, never. Self interest trumps anything and everything.

I also think this... what was that quote "Give a man power etc etc" it's quite scary what it can do to you.

earth and humanity needs a reboot.
I hope someday an alien race is coming and wipes us out with one giant blast.

This. We have no future if we cannot unite.

SmokyDave

Maybe having lower expectations for humanity would help?

duckroll said:
Okay, maybe it's true that we all suck, but how many of us actually swallow?
I gargle and then chew. Courage Wolf ain't got shit on me.

fanboi

Banned
SmokyDave said:
Maybe having lower expectations for humanity would help?

I gargle and then chew. Courage Wolf ain't got shit on me.

You mean that we shouldn't expect that we will never work for a common, non-egoistic, goal?

That, if something, is very depressing.

bjork

fanboi said:
You mean that we shouldn't expect that we will never work for a common, non-egoistic, goal?

It's also bring realistic.
'I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love' sounds great and all, but it'll never happen. Not in our lifetimes, anyway.

commissar

So if the Illuminati fake an alien threat, we might get nations working together in harmony towards a common goal of space colonies and space weapons?

Can't wait for giant space lasers to be the international focus, while other smaller things like poverty and famine etc. are put to the side for the noble global effort.

Then again...space lasers.

fanboi

Banned
bjork said:
It's also bring realistic.
'I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love' sounds great and all, but it'll never happen. Not in our lifetimes, anyway.

Of course, it will never happened in our lifetime, not even our children, but to expect it to never happened... seems horrendous.

well, as said in "Whatever Works".

Automatic toilets are designed because people won't flush, humankind can not be entrusted even with flushing the fucking toilet let alone important issues.

way more

fanboi said:

Eh, who is deciding the goal?

For your information one of my constant everyday goals is removing my ego.

I truly believe that the ego is what is holding back humanity. The root to all problems(most likely) can be traced to the ego in humans.

This weekend I went to a seminar about the different stages of the ego and how it relates to martial arts. I'm glad there other people aware of this problem and it gives me hope.

we're all insignificant. but the world could be a much better place to live in.
unfortunately retarded people are in the vast minority. and that will never change.

also, stupid people have more children.

fanboi

Banned
mac said:
Eh, who is deciding the goal?

Depends on what.

Example, the Copenhagen meeting was a total failure since the major powers couldn't agree on anything.

we're all insignificant. but the world could be a much better place to live in.
unfortunately retarded people are in the vast minority. and that will never change.

also, stupid people have more children.

Yes, very insignificant for the planet, but we are all significant for mankind since we determine the future.

If we fuck up in the end, we will either become very few, or a total reboot, without us.

fanboi said:
... we all suck.

You're only saying this in your own selfish interest which consists in feeling good about yourself.

Truant

250px-Ozymandias.PNG

Reza_Neko

fanboi said:
... we all suck.

Thank you, Ozymandius/Adrian Veidt, for reminding us of our cruelness. :lol

Edit: Beaten. Damn.

fanboi said:
Depends on what.

Example, the Copenhagen meeting was a total failure since the major powers couldn't agree on anything.

Yes, very insignificant for the planet, but we are all significant for mankind since we determine the future.

If we fuck up in the end, we will either become very few, or a total reboot, without us.
yes, but only VERY FEW people realise this. maybe a worldwide commercial and add-campaign could focus on this. i'm well aware of this and i really try to give my kid the best values for living together in harmony with other people and this world.. but how many people actually do this?...

fanboi

Banned
Always-honest said:
yes, but only VERY FEW people realise this. maybe a worldwide commercial and add-campaign could focus on this. i'm well aware of this and i really try to give my kid the best values for living together in harmony with other people and this world.. but how many people actually do this?...

Thats why we all suck.

fanboi said:

Why does mankind matter if no one is here?

MrHicks

Banned
"With our obsession with antagonisms of the
moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. I occasionally think how quickly our differences, worldwide, would vanish
if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world."

Former President Ronald Reagan, while sharing the stage with former Russian leader, Mikhail Gorbachev, 1988.

don't like reagan but good quote

SmokyDave

fanboi said:

That is absolutely what I mean. I hate to point fingers but there are certain groups of humans that believe they are guided by a divine hand. These people are not going to put their differences aside and work together and even if they did, what common goal (beyond survival) do we actually have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom