• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let me put it like this: you suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanadeus

Banned
We don't have a common goal OP.
There is no single thing that all human beings will agree on and work towards, there will always be people not sharing whatever thought or idea the majority of people might have.

fanboi

Banned
SmokyDave said:
That is absolutely what I mean. I hate to point fingers but there are certain groups of humans that believe they are guided by a divine hand. These people are not going to put their differences aside and work together and even if they did, what common goal (beyond survival) do we actually have?

Well, none, since it all tie in to survive in the long run.
Of course we have sub-goals, example let's unite so we can colonize another planet, the goal will be the planet and colonize, but it is for our survival that we do it.

Monocle

iamaustrian said:
earth and humanity needs a reboot.
I hope someday an alien race is coming and wipes us out with one giant blast.
Reprehensible nihilistic bullshit. If you can't summon the effort to take a look around you and realize that despite the ugliness of the human race's struggle against our lower impulses, it is a remarkable, wonderful thing to be alive—especially at a time when our technology is more advanced than that of any civilization in recorded history (affording us all the conveniences and comforts you apparently take for granted), when our philosophy is developed enough to grant us a conception of basic human rights with which we might rise above the base aspects of our nature, when our science is so sophisticated that we've split the atom, put a man on the moon, and built telescopes that reveal vastly more of our wondrous universe than any generation before ours had seen, and when the finest of our literature can help us develop the wisdom to manage the great responsibilities that come with these achievements of ours—if you cannot appreciate what good fortune you have simply to be here, at least have the courtesy not to spit in the faces of those who can with your grotesque death wish.

Reading material for you.

fanboi

Banned
Shanadeus said:
We don't have a common goal OP.
There is no single thing that all human beings will agree on and work towards, there will always be people not sharing whatever thought or idea the majority of people might have.

If there is a vast majority, should we then enforce it, via military might or sanctions, on the disbelievers?

Monocle said:
Reprehensible nihilistic bullshit. If you can't summon the effort to take a look around you and realize that despite the ugliness of the human race's struggle against our lower impulses, it is a remarkable, wonderful thing to be alive—especially at a time when our technology is more advanced than that of any civilization in recorded history (affording us all the conveniences and comforts you apparently take for granted), when our philosophy is developed enough to grant us a conception of basic human rights with which we might rise above the base aspects of our nature, when our science is so sophisticated that we've split the atom, put a man on the moon, and built telescopes that reveal vastly more of our wondrous universe than any generation before ours had seen, and when the finest of our literature can help us develop the wisdom to manage the great responsibilities that come with these achievements of ours—if you cannot appreciate what good fortune you have simply to be here, at least have the courtesy not to spit in the faces of those who can with your grotesque death wish.

Reading material for you.

What the problem is, is that with all our tech and knowledge, we still are barbarians some of us.

Shanadeus

Banned
fanboi said:
If there is a vast majority, should we then enforce it, via military might or sanctions, on the disbelievers?
If there is a vast majority with the power to enforce their beliefs, they will do so.
That's why there should be no majorities anywhere capable of doing so, I prefer a multitude of smaller groups all at each other throats vying for that power fruitlessly.

Monocle

fanboi said:

What the problem is, is that with all our tech and knowledge, we still are barbarians some of us.
That's because our struggle isn't yet complete. So what are we going to do? Shit on the graves of the pioneers of past centuries by surrendering to despair? Condemn our children to a bleak future? Or are we going to do our very best, not necessarily as a society but as conscientious individuals, to keep the ideals of higher civilization alive? It only takes the sparks of a few enlightened minds to keep the fire burning. We survived the Dark Ages. We can survive the challenges of today and tomorrow.

No I don't

SmokyDave said:
That is absolutely what I mean. I hate to point fingers but there are certain groups of humans that believe they are guided by a divine hand. These people are not going to put their differences aside and work together and even if they did, what common goal (beyond survival) do we actually have?

:O i know which group are you talking about.

Monocle

DieNgamers said:
All because the music sucks so bad these days!
Seriously, right? If the end of the world comes tomorrow, you can guarantee it's gonna be Hannah Montana's fault.

Ducarmel

Do you expect humans to just change our behavior/DNA/etc this instant for what you think in your opinion is the common good.

Our current state in our evolution only been around for 200,000 year give or a take a couple 1000 years. It will probably take another 200,000 or even more to rise above what our biology allows us to.

Unless some genius devise a way to manipulate DNA and can rewire basic human behavior for what ever purpose, I don't think we will be changing our ways for a long time.

Any way I love that I live for myself most of the times.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
fanboi said:
... we all suck.

When is the world going to work together to a common goal that benefits the world? And not just their own interests.

Ex. the Copenhagen meeting is a prime example of how much we suck.

What will it take to unite the world on a common goal? Outside threat? Inside threat? Destroy those who oppose the common goal?
Why should humanity have a common goal?

It's the reason our species survives and quite possibly the cause of its demise.

6a00cd978b1b4af9cc00d09e75b57fbe2b-500pi

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Don't pretend. You're only looking out for you and your own. Stop believing a lie and get with reality.

With all the other shit going on in the world you pick a climate summit as evidence with which to soapbox about how humanity blows? I mean sucks. Whatever.

Blair

Banned
i would love it if all humans came together to achieve something awesome. exept i wouldn't want to work with a particular bunch. you know the ones i mean.

fanboi

Banned
Winterblink said:
With all the other shit going on in the world you pick a climate summit as evidence with which to soapbox about how humanity blows? I mean sucks. Whatever.

But the whole point of that summit was to come to an agreement... which they didn't...

fanboi

Banned
teddyboi said:
I bet the OP doesn't give shit to homeless people most of the time....if he has ever even seen one.

I give money, not shit...

I feel sorry for them, never seen one since were I live we have none.
Have done jack and shit for them though... one more reason why I suck

Bit-Bit

iamaustrian said:
earth and humanity needs a reboot.
I hope someday an alien race is coming and wipes us out with one giant blast.

You can just save the trouble of waiting and end yourself now.

TheBlackKing

Neo Member
I say we all off ourselves right now, right here, on this very spot. Why bother waiting for the apocalypse to come and take us? Just blow our brains out all over the floor, ceiling, computer monitor. It'll be fun, trust me!

Bit-Bit

TheBlackKing said:
I say we all off ourselves right now, right here, on this very spot. Why bother waiting for the apocalypse to come and take us? Just blow our brains out all over the floor, ceiling, computer monitor. It'll be fun, trust me!

I'll go if you go first.

TheBlackKing

Neo Member
Bit-Bit said:
I'll go if you go first.

Mmm...I don't know if I can trust you enough to do that. How about I take this bomb and place it between us that way we can go together. It'll be one huge bloody mess.

Jasup

Rocket Punch said:
It's the reason our species survives and quite possibly the cause of its demise.
You got it wrong, the selfish gene says that the genes are selfish, not individuals. The human race hasn't survived because of individuals looking after their own interests of whom the winners then spread their genes, but because we can construct complex social systems and cooperate together to form safe environments for our genes to spread. Forming communities and working towards common goals has been the winning evolutionary strategy for humans.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
How old is the OP?

There's a certain form of narcissistic wallowing when you get on a little soap box and scream that everybody sucks, blah blah blah. Same thing with screaming "all music sucks!" or what have you. It betrays a small perspective and an inexperienced personality trying to prop itself up against insecurity.

The world is a big scary place. Welcome to Earth. Here's your bag and your little booklet. Now STFU and do something productive.

fanboi

Banned
Kaijima said:
How old is the OP?

There's a certain form of narcissistic wallowing when you get on a little soap box and scream that everybody sucks, blah blah blah. Same thing with screaming "all music sucks!" or what have you. It betrays a small perspective and an inexperienced personality trying to prop itself up against insecurity.

The world is a big scary place. Welcome to Earth. Here's your bag and your little booklet. Now STFU and do something productive.

Wow! Full personal psych profile! From one forum post!
Freud would be pleased.

faridmon

fanboi said:
... we all suck.

When is the world going to work together to a common goal that benefits the world? And not just their own interests.

Ex. the Copenhagen meeting is a prime example of how much we suck.

What will it take to unite the world on a common goal? Outside threat? Inside threat? Destroy those who oppose the common goal?
The Irony considering your name.

besada

Banned
Was there a special on teenage angst this week? Between this and Meus Renaissance's thread of whiny sadness, it's like GAF has been invaded by thirteen year old emo kids.

The world is like it's always been -- full of misery and joy and death and life and nastiness and kindness, all piled up and mixed together every second of every day in every spot on the globe.

If there's something in particular you want to make better, then go do it, but whinging about it on a message board isn't going to do anything but make you look like a twat.

teddyboi

Banned
fanboi said:
I give money, not shit...

I feel sorry for them, never seen one since were I live we have none.
Have done jack and shit for them though... one more reason why I suck

So change your thread title to: Let me put it like this: I suck.

DanteFox

Kaijima said:
How old is the OP?

/thread

ColonelVirus

Neo Member
The world will become more united the day that religion dies. Religion is the cause of all wars. So get rid of religion and sorted. Pluss ofc talking to people in your head is a sign of mental illness, remember that.

Mudkips

Banned
ColonelVirus said:
The world will become more united the day that religion dies. Religion is the cause of all wars. So get rid of religion and sorted. Pluss ofc talking to people in your head is a sign of mental illness, remember that.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
We'll all be united when we're all dead (or 99.9999999% dead). No sooner.

And I couldn't care less.

ColonelVirus said:

That is the dumbest interpretation of international politics I have ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom