• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe Thinks Sony Should Sue Over Game And Movie Titles

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This strikes me as a bit unreasonable, but I was curious how others felt.

David Jaffe said:
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
GEORGE LUCAS GONNA SUE SOMEBODY

Ok, maybe not Lucas but Sony should. Or if I owned the rights to TWISTED METAL and GOD OF WAR, I sure as hell would at the least send a sternly worded legal letter.

Heck, I'd send two legal letters if it were me.

I mean, first Microsoft puts out a car combat game and calls it SCRAP METAL?

Hey, looks like a great game! Right up my alley! Day one purchase for me. But come on guys, isn't that just a little too close to Sony's own car combat game TWISTED METAL?

And then Sony has GOD OF WAR, a game and potential movie about mortals fighting ancient Greek Gods. And then this movie gets announced called WAR OF THE GODS about- yep!- mortals fighting ancient Greek Gods.

And look: Sony doesn't- and should not- own the concept of the Greek Myths. Nor should they own the idea of mortal fighting ancient Gods, Greek or any other kind. That's all public domain stuff. But the TITLE? Sony DOES own that. And GOD OF WAR/WAR OF THE GODS seem a little too close to comfort ya'll.

Anyway, like I said, not my fight. I don't own shit! :)

David
Posted by da criminal at 10:16 AM
Source: http://criminalcrackdown.blogspot.com/2010/03/george-lucas-gonna-sue-somebody.html

Rather than "not blogging for months" as a reaction to being called out, David should perhaps learn simply not to post "dumb shit" like this about some incredibly generic title names.

Jaffe is stupid.

I'm going to copyright the situational comedy. One time I was in this situation that ended up being kind of comedic. Ever since then all of these studios have been ripping me off.

WrikaWrek

Banned
The guy is retarded.

War of Gods translates to a War between Gods. God Of War translates to Ares. Scrap Metal is about a destruction derby like XBLA game, and yes they have chainsaws and shit. Car Combat is hardly exclusive of Twisted Metal.

Nothing better to do, must use my brain to say stupid shit. - David Jaffe

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Maybe one of stupiest things I have heard so far this week.

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
I wish we didn't. Nobody cares about his games anymore. If we can just ignore his internet retard rants he might go away for good.

I kind of second this motion that unless he's talking about a game that he's working on and is coming out he needs to STFU.

Top Bottom