• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony GDC 2010 Press Conference (PS Move, PSWii Sports, PSWii Boxing, PSWii Party)

bathala

Banned
movemotionplus.jpg

they can use the tilt controller of DS as motionplus

defel

If Sony can get the buzz going with this and market it well it could be really successful. There are millions of ps3s out there already and that can only be advantageous. But at the same time the mainstream media are going to talk about Natal and thats where Sony could run into problems. I hope they havent priced themselves out as well. Sony need to be super aggressive with the pricing which is something that they that havent done at all yet with the ps3.

One cool thing i noticed on the Gamespot feed was the color change of the light when the player got hit. During the sword and sheild game that player got caught by a low slach and the Lights in both his hands when blood red upon impact.

Corto

To all people screaming "LOL SONY FAIL... 0 originality DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM BOMB" Sony stated very clearly on the conference that others pioneered with success the motion controlled interface increasing the public that is aware of video games. They just claim that their approach will be better. Wireless interaction between sub-move and the move controller, more accurate, HD graphics.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wizpig said:
It's the first time I think it's deserved, honestly.

Our passion should be about innovation, and look what we got here.

Our passion is also about technology evolution.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Some of the demos they showed at the Gamespot live thing was more interesting that the shit they showed @ the conference. I predict some pretty interesting walkthroughs to hit the web soon.

Stike

Seriously guys, anyone who screams copycat should remember that this glowing orb is going back several years to the EyeToy...

If Sony adopted anything from Nintendo, it is the second additional controller, but not the motion control per se.

Nobody remembers that EyeToy demo with the butterfly?

chubigans said:
Can you direct link to flickr? Guess we'll find out...

4423083794_908b3da0b9_b.jpg

4422301789_a7ed0c9770_b.jpg

4423059250_b0268fe527.jpg

4422318151_7b148cca77_b.jpg

4422318263_60d4ab3359_b.jpg

These look like complete shit. Phoenix games esc shit.

Sony have missed the point entirely. They have the hardware, but it's useless if the software isn't up to snuff. This crap will not replicate the success of Wii Sports or any of Nintendo's other games, not by a long shot.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
fortified_concept said:
Jesus Christ Nintendo fans, get over it. You act like they stole something from you. Instead of listening to them whine can we talk about the fact that Sony is focusing so many resources on this casual crap?
They're just pissed off that people who were making fun of them making similar statements are all of a sudden making the same kinds of statements now.

But you're correct, bolded should be the main question, especially considering how well peripherals that don't come standard with a system and software supporting them have sold in the past. Only the Wii Balance Board has managed to avoid that curse.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Zeitgeister said:
wait, the "home" button is where you place your thumb? ON BOTH?

(getting a Peter Moore Rock Band flashback here)

Looks like the Home button is concave to prevent accidents like that.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Well, like I said from the beginning, it will depend on software in the long run. Though I think Natal will win out sales wise initially, just based on the novelty factor.

Oh and yes, that Table Tennis game looks awesome. I was expecting Rockstar to port over their Table Tennis game but oh well, this looks similarly awesome.

That said, I hope I can buy the controllers on it own for cheaper as I already own PSEye,

Sipowicz

Banned
at the end of the day though, it'll bring a more diverse software lineup to the PS3 which i'm sure a lot of people will appreciate. the lack of variety in PS3 games was one of the main reasons i sold mine

and it's not a COMPLETE ripoff of the wiimote. there's the camera thing which could be interesting, but at the same time the camera thing is done much better with Natal

the actual motion controls looked a bit shit though. it seemed to be lagging a bit and the cursor was slow as fuck like at E3

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Waaaaaay back after the Wii was announced I remember talking about how it was only a matter of time before Sony co-opted the Wiimote interface, and there were a lot of people who treated the idea mockingly. Never underestimate Sony's ability to pooh-pooh Nintendo's innovations then turn around and shameless imitate them.

I thought they'd copy the broken controller(Edit: by broken I mean the split controller, nunchuck in one hand wii-mote in the other), I love playing games with my hands separated on Wii, but they didn't go all the way.

If I could use the Move/Submove as a controller for normal PS3 games then I think I could get behind this a little more. That chair sliding action game looks cool, if they'd shown that then maybe I'd feel differently. When E3 rolls around, we'll hopefully have a lot more info on supporting titles, but I don't honestly believe that Sony is serious about motion control. Not with this presentation.

BurritoBushido said:
Under $100 for an eye and a move... Im pretty sure that means 99 dollars.

Expensive...

Depressing.

I'm hoping it means $79.99 because As cool as i think this thing is 80 bucks is the most I and many other people will play for it.

shagg_187 said:
Oh and yes, that Table Tennis game looks awesome. I was expecting Rockstar to port over their Table Tennis game but oh well, this looks similarly awesome.

That said, I hope I can buy the controllers on it own for cheaper as I already own PSEye,

Yup you can buy it stand alone if you own the PS eye

Raist

Banned
Hiltz said:
The problem is that from what we've seen, Sony's just made a motion control device that doesn't do anything new that we haven't seen before. Sony's strategy is now officially shameless and transparent.

I haven't seen neither Nintendo nor Microsoft show footage of a video feed of a player included ingame with a virtual object in his hand perfectly matching his moves.

Shadow780

Milk Lizard said:
Evolution, bitches.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2j4qa8w.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4039/4423031462_c7f959bd98.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/10gwyv7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

:lol :lol :lol :lol

wizword

Banned
fortified_concept said:
Jesus Christ Nintendo fans, get over it. You act like they stole something from you. Instead of listening to them whine can we talk about the fact that Sony is focusing so many resources on this casual crap?
It looks like they aren't focusing any resources going by some of the games they showed.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
So, it's a Wiimote and MotionPlus in one device.

Cool, I guess. Though that demographic generally .. doesn't like motion controlled gaming.

Wizpig

fortified_concept said:
Because they (Sony) don't "believe" in it, they designed it as a toy and are using it as such, for casual games.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Waaaaaay back after the Wii was announced I remember talking about how it was only a matter of time before Sony co-opted the Wiimote interface, and there were a lot of people who treated the idea mockingly. Never underestimate Sony's ability to pooh-pooh Nintendo's innovations then turn around and shameless imitate them.

I'm not feeling too sorry for Nintendo... they knew this was coming

Iwata said:
We know from experience that even if an idea is revolutionary, people still get bored of it – this happens even more if people try to re-produce what has been done before.

Reggie Fils-Aime said:
It’s inevitable that when the paradigm shifts, imitation is just around the corner.

Honestly, I think there's a bigger case for Nintendo here than Apple has with HTC... the plagiarism in the sub-controller promo photo is hilarious. They copied right down to the positioning of the wrist strap. At the end of the day, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And Nintendo can't really do anything if they don't own tech/patents. Even if they did, Sony's solution does the same things but in a different way. Its like a Motion+ / Natal half breed. I am interested in seeing the kind of support this gets at E3, and I'm very interested in how Nintendo will now co-ordinate their response.

RE4 wii was the definitive version, so I'll definitely be picking up at least one Move + Sub Remote just to play RE5 and stuff.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
The worse part about the Move is that it seemed to not be that accurate.

At least Sony now seems to have everything covered now. Using a motion controller along with the PS Eye means they can do Natal or Wii stuff.

yurinka

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Yes, Nintendo's innovations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV5bAjBlCik&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFIgtR8zGb8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlGbDD1Vjjc

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Raist said:
I haven't seen neither Nintendo nor Microsoft show footage of a video feed of a player included ingame with a virtual object in his hand perfectly matching his moves.
No, but at least Sony can say they can match Nintendo in missing inputs during a fighting/boxing game.

Christ, can both sides drop the console warrior bullshit and just agree to condemn the casualware development overall?

shagg_187 said:
+1 for me and my consoles.
-1 for your fanboyism and your dusty Wii.
You in particular damnit! ;)

Baki

Hiltz said:
The problem is that from what we've seen, Sony's just made a motion control device that doesn't do anything new that we haven't seen before. Sony's strategy is now officially shameless and transparent.
I kind of agree. Sports Champion looked extremely stale and derivative. But Sony strategy is no more shameless and uninspired than MS NATAL strategy.

Top Bottom