• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Champions League Thread that money can't buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Now that the quarters have been announced, and with some tantalizing matches coming up, I think we need an official thread to discuss the most exciting annual sporting event in the world.

Anyway the quarter final draw was conducted this morning and here are the match ups:

- Lyon v Bordeaux
- Bayern v Man U
- Arsenal v Barcelona
- Inter v CSKA Moscow

All the ties should be awesome to watch, especially Arsenal v Barca. Hard to pick a winner in any of them. If Messi plays like he did in the KO round then Barca will be hard to beat.

feel

Rooting against Barcelona, Bayern and Arsenal. Any other team winning will please me. Specially Inter.

Brinbe

Predicting a United-Barca rematch in the finals. And while I hope we can take revenge for last year, that Barca attack still scares me...

Enosh

fc_bayern_munich_logo-300x300.png

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Arsenal vs Barça will be the best tie of the whole tournament IMO, can't wait for it.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Error said:
Arsenal vs Barça will be the best tie of the whole tournament IMO, can't wait for it.
Arsenal contra Barca will only bring about a bittersweet end game. Only time I'd want them to go head to head is finals.

kikanny

Barca vs Arsenal. Gonna be epic. My friend is a staunch Arsenal supporter and I'm a Barca fan. One of us is gonna end up crying!!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The real CL starts in the quarter finals. I love the title.

Dizzan said:
no love for my thread title..... ;)

Arsenal is going to beat Barca imo

People really think Arsenal can beat Barça? :lol :lol

Arsenal need to play the best football matches of his history if they want to beat them.And even so....it would be pretty hard.The only team that can beat Barça is Inter, and they will need more than just luck, since they only managed to get a draw and thanks, they should have lost both matches. :lol

Also is the thread tittle a witty comment to Real Madrid? is that so....no love, instead you get a Fuck you,sir! :lol

Dizzan

MINI Member
Relaxed Muscle said:
People really think Arsenal can beat Barça? :lol :lol

Arsenal need to play the best football matches of his history if they want to beat them.And even so....it would be pretty hard.The only team that can beat Barça is Inter, and they will need more than just luck, since they only managed to get a draw and thanks, they should have lost both matches. :lol

Also is the thread tittle a witty comment to Real Madrid? is that so....no love, instead you get a Fuck you,sir! :lol

I'll be bookmarking this post when Arsenals kids get up.

And yes, it was a reference to Real.

Dizzan said:
I'll be bookmarking this post when Arsenals kids get up.

And yes, it was a reference to Real.

Cesc can't win his future team, he just can't!, bookmark this if you want too.

Seriously thought, Barça is getting tired and more tired, being in so many competitions is gonna be a hurdle, that's Arsenal only possibility, but even so I have my doubts Arsenal defense will be able to stop Messi this year is even more lethal, his only one goal away from Rooney.

And who's gonna stop Xavi and Iniesta? Let both of those guys play and you're lost....no I can't really see Arsenal winning, but I will be the first to celebrate it!.

:lol

Bleepey

As an Arsenal Fan i want an all English final, however it pains me to say this but it seems Arsenal will never get a Champion's league trophy.

Blablurn

Facism said:
bayern needs to win so blaburn isn't sad and unhappy :< :<

from all posters in this thread you're my favourite! *hugs*

i think some of are underestimating bayern but that's ok. you're talking about rooney?... ah, come on.

-ribery-robben-13250107__q-1,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Blablurn said:
from all posters in this thread you're my favourite! *hugs*

i think some of are underestimating bayern but that's ok. you're talking about rooney?... ah, come on.

-ribery-robben-13250107__q-1,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg
Never change Bla :lol

I will be rooting for you during those matches. The last time I rooted for Bayern was during the time you guys scored the fastest goal against Relol Madrid. :D

Salazar

United will obliterate Bayern, just as they will monster Liverpool tonight.

I'm warming to Mourinho again. The Al Swearengen of European football.

Salazar said:
United will obliterate Bayern, just as they will monster Liverpool tonight.

I'm warming to Mourinho again. The Al Swearengen of European football.

Tonight? The Liverpool game is on Sunday.

Salazar

Ah, so it is. I read some teamsheets and assumed it was imminent.

The prime amusement lies in the fact that Vidic has been sent off the last three times they played this league fixture.

Primarily due to the frustration of Torres running rampant on him on each of those occasions. But I don't see it happening tomorrow. Not with this Liverpool team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom