• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Portugal is in the semi's eh? Now I'm hoping Portugal makes it to the finals, because if Italy makes the final and Portugal doesn't, we're going to lose if history is any indication.

Tugatrix

10351259_582720335183777_5024626393530273134_n.jpg

Fernando Napoleon Santos

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We all know finale gonna be Portugal vs. Germany with Germany winning.

if that happens, Portugal has zero chance of winning. Portugal has negative chance of winning, is such a thing possible?

Would like that final just for mah boy derExperte's sake tho

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
If 99% of the posts are about how people are salty, then people aren't salty....

It means nothing to me but honestly, if you haven't picked up on a fair amount of abuse directed at Portugal and Ronaldo then you haven't been paying attention.

Tosyn_88

It's funny people are complaining about Portugal and rightfully so but we did Watch Greece also play dodgy football in 2004 to win the tournament

Why so much salt around here?

Poland got what they deserved, they didn't want to win, they spent the game passing the ball between the defense and the goalkeeper.

Bubaer

Eeeh, kurwa...

Still, it's not like Poland played leagues better then Portugal or anything, second half and OT were a snoozefest.
Other than that, I'm happy we even got that far. It can only get better

Ehh not really, he managed to build what is probably our best team in a long time, and best result in a Euro ever.

We're just a mediocre team because we lack a good midfield that could provide solid opportunities for Lewandowski who is otherwise useless as this Euro has proven.

Every manager could reach the quarters with a team like this. This team can play such a great, fast paced game and he barely utilizes it whenever they're ahead. Just defend your lead, is all he knows.
Done it through the qualifiers and has done it during this tourney. Sure you play your own game against Northern Ireland or the dentist and fishermen of Gibraltar.

Tosyn_88

Germany vs Italy is going to be mental. After years of wondering about, Italy has returned to their defensive style football and boy do they look like school bullies but Germany just seem almost perfect, everything seem to work for them. I have a suspicion that Italy will nick it though

After 2 days of no soccer, this is what I waited for? Aside from the first ten minutes, it was a painful 2 hours. I think I've been spoiled by Copa America.

Hopefully tomorrow's game will be better for neutrals.

It means nothing to me but honestly, if you haven't picked up on a fair amount of abuse directed at Portugal and Ronaldo then you haven't been paying attention.

Most people have been saying how shitastic the match and Portugal were, but it seems stating facts is considered being salty nowadays.

Imagine if the semi's end up being Portugal-Wales...

The media would go crazy with the Ronaldo-Bale match up.

Can't happen since they will be facing each other if wales even makes it to the semis.

if that happens, Portugal has zero chance of winning. Portugal has negative chance of winning, is such a thing possible?

Would like that final just for mah boy derExperte's sake tho
It would be glorious. Can't wait for gifs of Ronaldo after they concede the 4th goal.

It's funny people are complaining about Portugal and rightfully so but we did Watch Greece also play dodgy football in 2004 to win the tournament

What's dodgy football? If you have a team of of low technical quality you will play defensively and try to take advantage of counter attacks and set pieces. This is a tactic as old as the sport itself. If the other team doesn't score then it's on them. A closely fought match is more entertaining than watching the big teams crush their weaker opponents. Football is the best sport because it allows this kind of upset.

MUnited83

For you.
Who cares. Portugal won. That's football. End of story.
I like to watch good football, not shitty football. If Portugal got half of the way but playing good football, I'd prefer it to play shitty every single match.
oh deffinately, ive said it many times we are playing like a joke. But this salt is not "this team plays badly" salt, its "this team killed my dog, spat in my sister's face and stole my car, and ronaldo kicks babies in practice and shoots homeless people for gun" salt which is actually kind of amazing to see.

I guess its like clubs salt, but I had never seen it on a international level
I support salt against Ronaldo , we need to stop thinking of him as our personal Jesus that needs to take every FK and be selfish over and over.

Bl@de

Congrats Portugal. Good game. Sad that Kuba missed it, but Fabianski never saves one. Good luck in the next game.

#EuroMisja2016 over

:(

One more glass of wine and then it's time to sleep.

Tubie

Most people have been saying how shitastic the match and Portugal were, but it seems stating facts is considered being salty nowadays.

Can't happen since they will be facing each other if wales even makes it to the semis.

That's what I said, imagine Wales beats Belgium and they meet in the semis.

Alucard

Banned
Disappointed by Poland not getting the win, but somewhat satisfied with how far they got regardless. This game was pretty even and could have gone either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom