• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

Fbh

Come the fuck on Chile .. if you are going to lose:
giphy.gif

That VAR thing was a mistake.

It was said from day one.

Just because it "corrected" that one call, it never meant it was going to work. Worst, it just made the annoying Tigres fans to come back crying foul again.

And the idiots in my country want to waste more money bending over everything the FIFA says, while the same p...eople screws over the fans.

On topic: Chile playing dirty? Don't you tell!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm curious how was the VAR called this time because the referee didn't seem to care about what happened there? Was it called from the side? And if so why doesn't it happen all the time?

That VAR thing was a mistake.

It was said from day one.

Just because it "corrected" that one call, it never meant it was going to work. Worst, it just made the annoying Tigres fans to come back crying foul again.

And the idiots in my country want to waste more money bending over everything the FIFA says, while the same p...eople screws over the fans.

On topic: Chile playing dirty? Don't you tell!

Why blame the VAR when it's clearly the referee who's to blame here?

Xando

I'm curious how was the VAR called this time because the referee didn't seem to care about what happened there? Was it called from the side? And if so why doesn't it happen all the time?

I think the video ref talked to the ref and told him to look at the replay.

Man that ref sucks

Auraela

Banned
var is making things bad because from a ref perspective they are told to be more lenient in finals and stuff and var is gonna through that off

v1lla21

I'm guessing those refs watching the replays saw the elbow from different angles and notified the ref on the pitch.

Nah I doubt refs are told to be more lenient just because VAR was implemented. The problem with VAR is the way it was implemented. It all relies on the ref on pitch to use it at his discretion which sours the whole thing. All this is doing is making the refs look like dumbasses and making casual fans think VAR is trash and doesn't work.

The VAR needs to seriously be put into review. It's the best idea FIFA has come up with in decades but it's so badly executed it's not even funny. That was a clear red!

Top Bottom