• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 FIFA Confederations Cup | OT | 17 June – 2 July 2017 | Putin on a show

Embarrassing, let the coaches challenge shit like every sport ever instead of this bullshit. Football is an awesome sport, but everything around it is idiotic as fuck and it makes it nearly unwatchable.

The VAR is a really bad idea. Teams will constantly complain. Happened yesterday, happened today and it's only Confed. The whining will be way up once the real games start.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The VAR is a really bad idea. Teams will constantly complain. Happened yesterday, happened today and it's only Confed. The whining will be way up once the real games start.
And several of the VAR calls have been questionable at best. They need to change its implementation or get rid of it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Is this the first time you watch football? Teams complain a fuck tone, VAR or not.

And there is a very easy solution for that. Make it a limited number of complains that can be checked per team per half.

Maybe lose a sub if you lose a challenge, that could work.

I'd go with the tennis system. You have two challenges per half or three for the total game. Challenge remains if you are right, it's gone if you are wrong. Let only the coach and the captain be allowed to do the challenge. If other players call for a challenge, give them a single warning and book them afterwards.

jelly

Embarrassing, let the coaches challenge shit like every sport ever instead of this bullshit. Football is an awesome sport, but everything around it is idiotic as fuck and it makes it nearly unwatchable.

Yeah but the captain of the team and give them two challenges a half.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What Can did should have been penalty try. Wait, wrong sport.

Edit: Chile doesn't deserve a goal, but Germany deserve to get one in the last minute.

RocknRola

GG, congrats Germany! You have your future more than assured!

Also congrats to Chile, super solid team. Hard to beat, even if Germany brought their "A" team, for sure.

All in all, two nice games today.

Ah well, this turned out as I predicted. The team that made less mistakes was the chosen one.

I'm sad the goal was pretty much a gift by Díaz, which is one of our players that rarely makes mistakes.

Congrats Germany GAF, you have a super strong team and I'm impressed at the way you continue "making" great players. That's not luck but great work.

Top Bottom