• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
1st set: 5 break points for Djokovic. Result? Murray wins the set
2nd set: 3 break points for Murray (from 0-40 on Novak's serve). Result? Djoker wins the set.

These two.
FF6xvzg.gif

And ZERO breaks of serve after 24 games. Has that EVER happened in their H2H?

(edited)

szaromir

Banned
1st set: 5 break points by Djokovic. Result? Murray wins the set
2nd set: 3 break points by Murray (from 0-40 on Novak's serve). Result? Djoker wins the set.

These two.
FF6xvzg.gif

And ZERO break points after 24 games. Has that EVER happened in their H2H?
That sounds like 8 break points in 24 games.

Apparently they have the worst feet of all sports people >.<

Thats a funny observation, but I believe it. They truly go through a lot of wear and tear, especially if you don't change socks every so often during matches. In fact I played tennis the other day, took off my shoes, and noticed the bottom of my sock was red from my toe bleeding. Tennis is brutal on your feet, ankles, and knees. Tennis elbow and shoulder problems aren't an issue if you have proper form.

Thats a funny observation, but I believe it. They truly go through a lot of wear and tear, especially if you don't change socks every so often during matches. In fact I played tennis the other day, took off my shoes, and noticed the bottom of my sock was red from my toe bleeding. Tennis is brutal on your feet, ankles, and knees. Tennis elbow and shoulder problems aren't an issue if you have proper form.

Yeah. Running for 3+ hours, on a hard surface, constantly changing speed and direction cannot be good for your trotters

szaromir

Banned
By form you mean technique? And yeah, constant acceleration and deceleration in tennis must be brutal for the body.

Ive gotten bloody toes as well

MIMIC

Banned

I'm just recently recovering from plantar fasciitis >_< (basically a never-ending pain in the area that goes from your heel to the mid-section of your foot)

I think I was wearing the wrong shoes (and never iced or stretched my soles)

By form you mean technique? And yeah, constant acceleration and deceleration in tennis must be brutal for the body.

Well, in my case I did have shoulder problems my junior year in highschool because my service motion was too drawn out. It was so bad that every time I served, my shoulder would make a "pop" sound and it would hurt like hell. I thought I would need rotator cuff surgery, but fortunately after laying off it for 6 months, it healed on it's own. Since then I have abbreviated my service motion, and can still generate the same power/spin on my serves as I did before, but now I'm not damaging my shoulder in the process.

So, point is, if you have a proper service motion ( try not to have a wide racket take back, that will get you in trouble ) then you are a very low risk for shoulder problems from tennis. Tennis elbow is the same way.

Nah. It's gonna be 203-205 played over 2 days =p

That'd be crazy. It's definitely early to talk about this, but I wonder what time curfew is. They've played until 4:30am before, but I wonder how much longer they'd let a match go on if it was an outrageous 5th set score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom