• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
1me5J.jpg

When? 24 June - 7 July 2013
Schedule: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/schedule/index.html
Draws: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/draws/ms/

Wimbledon recent history:
2003: Federer (won against Philippoussis)
2004: Federer (won against Roddick)
2005: Federer (won against Roddick)
2006: Federer (won against Nadal)
2007: Federer (won against Nadal)
2008: Nadal (won against Federer)
2009: Federer (won against Roddick)
2010: Nadal (won against Berdych)
2011: Djokovic (won against Nadal)
2012: Federer (won against Murray)

1371759356000-AFP-512259161-1306201618_4_3_rx404_c534x401.jpg

2012 Grand Slams:
Australian Open: Djokovic (won against Nadal)
French Open: Nadal (won against Djokovic)
Wimbledon: Federer (won against Murray)
US Open: Murray (won against Djokovic)

2013 Grand Slams
Australian Open: Djokovic (won against Murray)
French Open: Nadal (won against Ferrer)

120704_pl4fy_nadal_federer_djokovic_murray_sn635.jpg

Seedings

GENTLEMEN'S SINGLES

DJOKOVIC, Novak (SRB) [1]
MURRAY, Andy (GBR) [2]
FEDERER, Roger (SUI) [3]
FERRER, David (ESP) [4]
NADAL, Rafael (ESP) [5]
TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried (FRA) [6]
BERDYCH, Tomas (CZE) [7]
DEL POTRO, Juan Martin (ARG) [8]
GASQUET, Richard (FRA) [9]
CILIC, Marin (CRO) [10]
WAWRINKA, Stanislas (SUI) [11]
NISHIKORI, Kei (JPN) [12]
HAAS, Tommy (GER) [13]
TIPSAREVIC, Janko (SRB) [14]
ALMAGRO, Nicolas (ESP) [15]
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp (GER) [16]
RAONIC, Milos (CAN) [17]
ISNER, John (USA) [18]
SIMON, Gilles (FRA) [19]
YOUZHNY, Mikhail (RUS) [20]
QUERREY, Sam (USA) [21]
MONACO, Juan (ARG) [22]
SEPPI, Andreas (ITA) [23]
JANOWICZ, Jerzy (POL) [24]
PAIRE, Benoit (FRA) [25]
DOLGOPOLOV, Alexandr (UKR) [26]
ANDERSON, Kevin (RSA) [27]
CHARDY, Jeremy (FRA) [28]
DIMITROV, Grigor (BUL) [29]
FOGNINI, Fabio (ITA) [30]
BENNETEAU, Julien (FRA) [31]
ROBREDO, Tommy (ESP) [32]

LADIES' SINGLES

WILLIAMS, Serena (USA) [1]
AZARENKA, Victoria (BLR) [2]
SHARAPOVA, Maria (RUS) [3]
RADWANSKA, Agnieszka (POL) [4]
ERRANI, Sara (ITA) [5]
LI, Na (CHN) [6]
KERBER, Angelique (GER) [7]
KVITOVA, Petra (CZE) [8]
WOZNIACKI, Caroline (DEN) [9]
KIRILENKO, Maria (RUS) [10]
VINCI, Roberta (ITA) [11]
IVANOVIC, Ana (SRB) [12]
PETROVA, Nadia (RUS) [13]
STOSUR, Samantha (AUS) [14]
BARTOLI, Marion (FRA) [15]
JANKOVIC, Jelena (SRB) [16]
STEPHENS, Sloane (USA) [17]
CIBULKOVA, Dominika (SVK) [18]
SUAREZ NAVARRO, Carla (ESP) [19]
FLIPKENS, Kirsten (BEL) [20]
PAVLYUCHENKOVA, Anastasia (RUS) [21]
CIRSTEA, Sorana (ROU) [22]
LISICKI, Sabine (GER) [23]
PENG, Shuai (CHN) [24]
MAKAROVA, Ekaterina (RUS) [25]
LEPCHENKO, Varvara (USA) [26]
SAFAROVA, Lucie (CZE) [27]
PASZEK, Tamira (AUT) [28]
CORNET, Alize (FRA) [29]
BARTHEL, Mona (GER) [30]
OPRANDI, Romina (SUI) [31]
ZAKOPALOVA, Klara (CZE) [32]

More: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2013-06-19/201306191371633190432.html

Jay Sosa

you're not Peru! Boooooo.

great Op, nice job :p

and btw: If anyone has a chance go and watch it live, a really beautiful tournament with pretty moderate prices. Especially compared to the French Open. Even the waiting wasn't as horrible as you would imagine.

Certinty

Federer vs Nadal QF is gonna be good!

Murray for the title anyway!

Will go one of these next few days and get a ground pass, usually go to a few days at Wimbledon but am saving my money as I'm going to the US Open. :D

Federer has to get through Murray and Nadal to get to the final. Djokovic's toughest opponents, in his half, are Berdych and Ferrer or Del Potro; he got off pretty light.

Jay Sosa

Federer vs Nadal QF is gonna be good!

Murray for the title anyway!

Will go one of these next few days and get a ground pass, usually go to a few days at Wimbledon but am saving my money as I'm going to the US Open. :D

lucky bastard. One day I wanna go the the US too. And yeah ground ticket is awesome I couldn't believe how much value you get for a mere 20 pounds or so. Plus it's way more fun watching matches on small courts.

Poor Fed. That's what he gets for squandering his good RG draw =P

Well, he's obviously not going to make it, and it's hard to root for him if he's playing poorly too, sooo ok. Gooooooo..... Djokovic? I suppose. Yeah. Anyone but Murray really.

zero_suit

Poor Fed. That's what he gets for squandering his good RG draw =P

Well, he's obviously not going to make it, and it's hard to root for him if he's playing poorly too, sooo ok. Gooooooo..... Djokovic? I suppose. Yeah. Anyone but Murray really.

Why? I love how he plays on grass.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Oldboy Fededer can take this. QF vs Nadal will hopefully be the best match of the tourney

Would be interesting to see Sharapova come up against Serena again in light of the comments they've recently directed towards each other.

Reyne

I have pledged my fealty and is loyal only to the One True King of Westeros Wimbledon...
Roger Federer!

thefro

Not really.
Serena is much better on grass than clay, and we saw what happened at the French Open.

Sharapova still has a better chance on grass than clay, IMHO. The longer the points go against Serena the more likely it is that Sharapova will screw up a shot.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm going to be out of town the second week so chances are I'm going to miss a lot of it :( Go Fed (sigh)

So what's the deal with the recent Williams-Sharapova smack talking?
Serena made some comments about an un-named player and how she can "be with the man with the black heart" and some other shit, sounded quite petty.

Apparently she's talking about the guy Sharapova is with now, Grigor Dimitrov, that's what Sharapova thinks anyways.

So Sharapova replied saying Serena should think about her own situation and how she's with a guy who's leaving his wife and kids. Then for good measure she called out Williams for the stuff she said about the rape case.

Wilbur

Banned
Was in Wimbledon today and they're putting all the shit up, big arch thing when you come out of the station. Gonna try and get there once or twice over the two weeks.

Wes

venison crêpe
Is that the image I made from when I used to make the Wimbledon threads? I think it is.

Did you look at past threads or happen upon it by random?

Wilbur

Banned
Djokovic lucks out again, smh.

I have no idea what it is about Djokovic (and by all accounts everyone loves him off court but I don't follow tennis that closely), but I just can't stand him. I think it's his action man hair, he just looks so generic as opposed to the lovely hair and headband combos of Federer/Nadal.

Anyway I want Federer or Tsonga to win as usual, but Murray would be nice as well. Just not Djokovic.

Wes

venison crêpe
Before anyone says "WTA sucks", why no mention of recent Women's championship history or even this year's details in the OP?

mcfrank

Before anyone says "WTA sucks", why no mention of recent Women's championship history or even this year's details in the OP?

I like the WTA, but not much to talk about other than Serena being the favorite by a mile and catty interview comments about who people are dating.

After this draw i'm kind of glad i have finals the next two weeks. Last year was awesome though, last final next day federer beats djokovic and then murray.

mcfrank

Side note: I am going on vacation to Santa Rosa, CA for July 4th weekend. Anyone know of a bar near there that might open early and show the finals on Sunday?

I have no idea what it is about Djokovic (and by all accounts everyone loves him off court but I don't follow tennis that closely), but I just can't stand him. I think it's his action man hair, he just looks so generic as opposed to the lovely hair and headband combos of Federer/Nadal.

Anyway I want Federer or Tsonga to win as usual, but Murray would be nice as well. Just not Djokovic.

Can't stand him? Wtf. Probably the only tennis player with a personalty since Agassi. Most of the players are so fucking boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom