• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

Ouch. Azarenka just hurt her knee pretty bad. Not sure if she can keep playing.

Edit: Or not. It seems like it was just a not planned stretch? She sure made it sound like it was bad...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Does Federer have the slimmest arms of any great tennis player? His wrists look tiny compared to everyone else.

Big arms aren't really advantageous for one-handed backhands because they compromise the reach that one-handers are good for. That's probably why Federer doesn't bulk as much as the other top players, given all the rest are two-handers bar Tsonga who plays both ways.

szaromir

Banned
Does Federer have the slimmest arms of any great tennis player? His wrists look tiny compared to everyone else.
I don't know, he's slim but damn well built.

Roger+Federer+shirtless.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be surprised if it was Murray, given he's probably always been the most pro-active of the Big 4 in terms of speaking out about drugs and so on - he had a good interview on Puerta a while back.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm sure Fed is pleased with that opening match. Keeping his matches short and easy is so crucial for him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
...and Rosol out. That said, his spirit lives on given Nadal is already being troubled by Darcis.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, I'd missed Boris just a bit. Captain Obvious has nothing on King Noshitsherlock.

EDIT: Damn, that BDL from Darcis was sexual.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
For the heads up, if you're not watching Nadal vs. Darcis, you should be.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Darcis walk of shame. Seven lost break points already. Probably going to implode now.

Yeah. Literally just after I posted Darcis decided he didn't want all those break opportunities. Can't believe how quickly the standard of play changed. :|

Chris R

Yay for DirecTV's Wimbledon mix. Can't stand the screeching so early in the morning so I'm watching Tsonga before work :D

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If only all of the rest of Darcis' shots were as good as his crosscourt backhand.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Darcis channeling Rosol full on. Takes a break to go up 6-5 in the first set.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Association of Choking Professionals continues to choke.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Darcis doing his best to keep the pressure on at least.

EDIT: If Djokovic had Darcis' overhead, he'd have won Roland Garros.

Do you mean who are our favorite American players?

American women's tennis is in solid shape: Serena, Venus, Sloane, Varvara, Keys etc

As for men's, yeah that side is a little rough. Outside of Isner and Querrey it's pretty sparse :\

Does Venus still play at major slams?

I haven't seen or heard much from her for a long time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Told you y'all should be watching this one.

The live stream on the Wimbledon website is just people talking. Am I missing a link somewhere or are matches not available for streaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom