• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Federer will be my favourite for now. He has been great these last two matches. Guess well see how Djoker bounces back at the Olympics. His momentum has finally been stuffed.

Is Olympics 3 sets?

Speevy

Banned
Seriously, the player who deserves a title more than any of them is David Ferrer.

It's virtually certain that it will never happen, unlike what people are saying about Murray.

About the weeks at #1, everyone is saying he ties the record, I guess they don't want to say he beats it prematurely? But there's no way for him to lose it before two weeks go by, right? Olympic tennis ends August 5th and it's basically a month until the rankings would be updating again.

darkwing

About the weeks at #1, everyone is saying he ties the record, I guess they don't want to say he beats it prematurely? But there's no way for him to lose it before two weeks go by, right? Olympic tennis ends August 5th and it's basically a month until the rankings would be updating again.

Yes

FroJay

Banned
Nadal usually takes the end of the year off. He loses weird matches to scrubs in the early rounds z.

The exception was that 2 year period when he was on top.

But I would not count him out. He almost beat Novak at the Aussie.

Nadal doesn't play well indoors, the faster conditions aren't appealing to his play style. So for him it is best to "take off" for a bit in the indoor season. Nadal only has 1 career indoor title, I believe that was in 2005 at Madrid.

Meadows

Banned
I really like the way tennis is shaping up with four great players who are able to compete for grand slams consistently. Way better than the Nadal v Fed thing a few years back.

MIMIC

Banned
At least Fed and Novak can only play in finals now (for the time being).

SOOOO fucking sick of them playing in the semis

I really like the way tennis is shaping up with four great players who are able to compete for grand slams consistently. Way better than the Nadal v Fed thing a few years back.
It would be even better if Murray won one. Would give him a lot of belief and confidence to go on and be better against the top guys.

My sister just pointed this out, I can see it:

roger2.jpg
+
andy-murray_1412848c.jpg
=
andrew-garfield25070.jpg

At least Fed and Novak can only play in finals now (for the time being).

SOOOO fucking sick of them playing in the semis

That's true. I hated how the past four GS, the semis would always end up as a Fed/Djoker matchup. Now with the rankings flipped a bit, things should be a bit fresher.

Meadows

Banned
It would be even better if Murray won one. Would give him a lot of belief and confidence to go on and be better against the top guys.

I think he'll win the a GS soon, maybe the Australian open. He just needs to face the right opponent on the right day. Clearly he isn't as good as Federer but a few bad mistakes and a few aces could tilt it for him. He's got a lot of time still too, his game isn't going to kill his knees like it might for Nadal.

Oh, go away~ =P

Does anyone know what the point distribution is between Roger, Novak and Rafa now? Looking at the current rankings, Federer would only have a very tenuous number one ranking. Might as well get excited while we can. It'd be beyond incredible if Federer lost the top ranking only to regain it again.

FEDERER #1 never gets old.

szaromir

Banned
That's true. I hated how the past four GS, the semis would always end up as a Fed/Djoker matchup. Now with the rankings flipped a bit, things should be a bit fresher.

Fedal played in semis in Melbourne this year. Congrats to Roger, probably his last slam but incredible effort after losing that match to Djokovic. Hopefully he can be year end #1 for the last time.

And I hope Murray will tweak his game a little and win a slam soon enough.

Djokovic has won only two titles in 2012 thus far. It seems his domination is over for now. But having a GOAT year in the Fedal era is a monumental achievement nonetheless.

RedAssedApe

Banned
People were saying that the crowd was goin to be Davis cup like in support for Andy. But I only remember the crowd getting crazy at the beginning and end of the match.

I was underwhelmed. although maybe the crowd noise is mostly
lost on tv?

It still amazes me to know that my little baby Australia has its own Grand Slam. Love tennis' preoccupation and adoration of history and tradition.

Need to take a trip to Melbourne to see Federer win his fifth!

Oh, go away~ =P

Does anyone know what the point distribution is between Roger, Novak and Rafa now? Looking at the current rankings, Federer would only have a very tenuous number one ranking. Might as well get excited while we can. It'd be beyond incredible if Federer lost the top ranking only to regain it again.

FEDERER #1 never gets old.

Looooooks like it goes from

12280 - Djokovic
10060 - Nadal
9435 - Federer
6980 - Murray (for good measure)

to

11075 - Federer
11000 - Djokovic
8905 - Nadal
7460 - Murray

If you want a detailed breakdown of who has points from where, the ATP site has all that.

MIMIC

Banned
Djokovic and Fed may exchange the No. 1 ranking a few times between now and the U.S. Open.

EDIT: Oh wait....never mind. Djokovic has quite a bit to defend between now and the U.S. Open so the Olympics is the only tournament where he is likely to surpass Fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom