• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
That point was very interesting. Murray was pressing, Novak came up with the amazing defense and eventually won the point.

The aggressor is doomed to lose ;_;

szaromir

Banned
Eurosport UK commentators are doing good job commentating the match without being overly pro-Murray, so you can just switch your TV channels...

No, they aren't. Don't be hyperbolic yourself.

Okay fair enough, they're not quite there yet. But I can bet if Murray wins this set, they will be. Murray was only one set up against Federer when they were saying they didn't think Fed would challenge Murray enough to a five set match. Then Federer goes and wins the next set...

I'm glad the British media is actually supporting him now instead of the opposite, but it seems like it's either one extreme or the other.

485899_10151350976660956_903000291_n.jpg

*shrug*

OwlyKnees

Okay fair enough, they're not quite there yet. But I can bet if Murray wins this set, they will be. Murray was only one set up against Federer when they were saying they didn't think Fed would challenge Murray enough to a five set match.

I'm glad the British media is actually supporting him now instead of the opposite, but it seems like it's either one extreme or the other.

Trust me, I would find it annoying too if it was the case. I'm not seeing it, though. They are constantly emphasizing the threat of Djokovic, how Murray cannot be complacent, how he's the underdog, etc. Yeah, they compliment Murray on his performance so far (as they should) and are understandably excited, but it seems like an even spread between the two in regards to praise and criticism. Enthusiasm and excitement? Yeah, Murray is going to edge out on that as it is the BBC. I'm sure Djokovic is getting the same treatment with his national coverage.

Did Murray just scream at the ballboy for a towel?

Trust me, I would find it annoying too if it was the case. I'm not seeing it, though. They are constantly emphasizing the threat of Djokovic, how Murray cannot be complacent, how he's the underdog, etc. Yeah, they compliment Murray on his performance so far (as they should) and are understandably excited, but it seems like an even spread between the two in regards to praise and criticism. Enthusiasm and excitement? Yeah, Murray is going to edge out on that as it is the BBC. I'm sure Djokovic is getting the same treatment with his national coverage.

It was the constant comments about 'Murray is definitely in control of this match, Djokovic is nowhere to be seen' that had me rolling my eyes. It reminded me of the US Open final (on Sky Sports I think) where the commentators kept going on about how Murray should easily wrap it up in three, as if the title was already his. Then Djokovic won the next two sets.

Looks like it's gonna go to a tiebreaker, hopefully Murray performs as well as last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom