• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

Just watched the replay here! Couldn't watch it live! Im SO happy for Novak! Go Nole! :D

It was a cool tournament overall, it would have been better if the waistless witch didnt win the girls final, but oh well...

Globox_82

Banned
I honestly couldn't care about non-GS tournaments.

really? Master tournaments are brilliant. Harder to win imo since it's best of 3. More upsets and what not.

Unrelated to this reply. Do you guys think rafa can be 100% and play 5 set match with Novak in potential RG match? Being away for so long will have an after affect but how big. Can't wait to see him play next week in Chile. after knee issue in 09 he came back better then ever.

and is it safe to say that Novak can win around 10-12GSs life time at this point? I hope he does.

LuuKyK

and is it safe to say that Novak can win around 10-12GSs life time at this point? I hope he does.

I think it is, yeah. At least I hope so too.

And about Rafa: having to stop to play tennis for a similar problem that he had I can say that it has been a long time (7 months) since my surgery and my knee is still not quite the same. I know he didnt go through surgery and clearly has a better suport by medics and etc, but still. I hope he gets better soon, but I really dont care much about his tennis, so yeah...

Globox_82

Banned
I think it is, yeah. At least I hope so too.

And about Rafa: having to stop to play tennis for a similar problem that he had I can say that it has been a long time (7 months) since my surgery and my knee is still not quite the same. I know he didnt go through surgery and clearly has a better suport by medics and etc, but still. I hope he gets better soon, but I really dont care much about his tennis, so yeah...

I love his matches with novak and if novak is to win RG i want him to do it against Rafa. Not "fake" title that Roger won in 09.

btw novak is on 13 matches win streak. 5 during WTF and 7 here.

EDIT: found this on Novaks site

Nole during Leander Paes' interview lol!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B4djM0KSgMQ

Akito

I love his matches with novak and if novak is to win RG i want him to do it against Rafa. Not "fake" title that Roger won in 09.
I still believe he would have beaten Nadal in 2011 given how close last year's final was :( That was about the only time I wasn't rooting for Roger.

Globox_82

Banned
I still believe he would have beaten Nadal in 2011 given how close last year's final was :( That was about the only time I wasn't rooting for Roger.

agreed 100%. he would have beaten roger as well but he had 4 days off when fabio fognini retired before the match. Same happened to roger last year when Fish retired before the match (USO). it messes with rhythm of the player

good interview with novak on ESPN.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgRY2BROYgA

MIMIC

Banned

He would have destroyed Nadal. But props to Fed. He had a remarkable serving day and was in top form when he vanquished Djokovic.

He would have destroyed Nadal. But props to Fed. He had a remarkable serving day and was in top form when he vanquished Djokovic.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda....

Fognini fucked up my chance at seeing Novak or anyone doing a calendar slam.

Globox_82

Banned
maybe time to go back to tennis thread but while AO is still fresh a bit info on top players.
Novak will play DC vs Belgum. it will be played on indoor clay. Probably vs Goffin. He will probably play two matches since Tipsarevic is not playing. a bit to soon since it is to be played in a 4-5 days.

Rafa will play in Chile on clay. He will first play double with Monaco on 5th. then singles next day.

Rogers next tournament is in Holland 500 tournament, defending champ. Starts 11th Feb.

Andy, at least his site says nothing before 4th of March, so no Dubai for now. Won't be surprised if sponsor get him to play in Acapulco with Rafa.
Btw I found this on Andys site lol

533646_10151244201606966_1853713307_n.jpg

Saty

Novak Djokovic's cheque for winning the Australian Open on Sunday was more than the entire annual budget for anti-doping in tennis.

The total funding for the 2013 anti-doping programme stands at $2 million, paid for by the four grand slams, the International Tennis Federation and ATP and WTA Tours. The cost includes $400,000 for the administration of the programme, paid for by the ITF.

Of the 2,150 tests carried out by the ITF in 2011, the last set of figures available, 131 were blood tests and only 21 were out of competition.
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/aus...lkAwRwc3RjYXQDdGVubmlzBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom