• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bisexual players banned from gay softball event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaborn

Three bisexual men were disqualified from participating in a major softball championship because "they were not gay enough".

Steven Apilado, LaRon Charles and Jon Russ, claim their softball team, D2, was disqualified from participating in the Gay softball World Series because the alliance ruled they were "non-gay."

The Californian men are now suing the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance (NAGAAA) claiming they were discriminated against for not being gay enough to take part.

After D2 qualified for the 2008 championship series, the NAGAAA held a hearing to determine the sexual orientation of D2 players, The Seattle Times reported.

The three men claim they were asked "personal and intrusive questions" about their sexual attractions and desires.

At one point during the questioning, the D2 players were allegedly told: "This is the Gay World Series, not the Bisexual World Series."

The men are asking for $75,000 each for emotional distress, are seeking to invalidate the alliance's findings on the men's sexual orientations and to reinstate D2's second-place World Series finish.

The NAGAAA was formed in 1977 and now includes more than 680 teams in 37 leagues across the U.S.

Story Here

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
giga said:
What’d you just call them you punk ass?

Nothing man, nothing!

4otkw

Cep

Banned
K.Sabot said:
:lol
I know it's not like this, but it's kinda like excluding a half-black guy from the Black Panthers.

Actually, I can see this happen if he looks white.

I would LOVE to see this lawsuit.

Gaborn

SnakeswithLasers said:
So defensive. I think you think your reputation is bigger than it is.

Bigger than it is? Nope. But I at least have some STANDARD. :lol :lol

Kinitari - that's just evil :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Thread title would be better as: "Bisexual players banned from softball event"

Then people would come for the outrage and leave with the lulz :lol

Gaborn said:
I've NEVER in my ENTIRE post history used the onion as a news story.
:D :D I did not see that you created the thread.

*bows* I wish GAF's search engine worked cause I wanna search all the threads you created as I'm in a mood for some more lulz.

Tarazet

CharlieDigital said:
Thread title would be better as: "Bisexual players banned from softball event"

Then people would come for the outrage and leave with the lulz :lol

That's half the fun in Gaborn threads, you read the title and think "no fscking wai." Then you open it up and sure enough, it does what it says on the tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom