• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 preview

Zenith

Banned
French mag Console+ had it, complete with screens. GamePro also had a preview

Vader still wants an apprentice so 6 months after the first game (1 year before Episode IV) he has Starkiller cloned several times on Kamino. He has been trained in prison to help "break" him. All the previous clones have gone mad due to Vader accelerating the process. Tutorial fight against Proxy droids. When one takes Juno's form Starkiller can't bring himself to kill her. The clone still has memories of Juno and Vader's betrayl somehow, so he flees to go find her by jacking Vader's own tie fighter. General Kota is being held awaiting execution on Cato Nemodia (Trade Federation homeworld) so Starkiller goes there first. Starkiller rescues Kota from the gladiatorial arena we saw in the trailer. Kota reveals it's impossible to clone a Jedi's powers so Starkiller heads to Dagobah to meditate.

Signature weapon is dual blue lightsabres. Playstation Move use is rumoured. Multiplayer is included. More puzzles. Force Persuade is a new power.

Screens show usual stormtroopers and AT-STs getting cut down. Graphically looks like SWTFU1 but run through a bullshot filter.

Zenith said:
French mag Console+ had it, complete with screens.

Vader still wants an apprentice so he has Starkiller cloned with alterations to make him more docile. The clone still has memories of Juno somehow and flees to go find her. General Kota is in the game. Kamino and Cato Nemodia are 2 confirmed planets.

Signature weapon is dual blue lightsabres. Playstation Move use is rumoured.

Screens show usual stormtroopers and AT-STs getting cut down. Graphically looks like SWTFU1 but run through a bullshot filter.

Must remember to throw all manner of continuity issues out the window...again. The plot is sound but the first games showed Starkiller being docile? I hope they give the game a very detailed bug check Being stuck in place during a boss fight still leaves a bad memory

Lijik

Zenith said:
Vader still wants an apprentice so he has Starkiller cloned with alterations to make him more docile. The clone still has memories of Juno somehow and flees to go find her.

Jesus Christ, did they steal this plot from a gamefaqs thread?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The story sounds really dumb. Worse than what's currently going on in the extended universe novels.

VaLiancY

Vader stills wants an apprentice. I fucking lol'd.:lol Thanks for the heads up, I want to hear more about the game with plot aside. The first game was pretty solid.

And which dick do I have to suck to get another Jedi Knight game? Christ.

Scans look pretty meh, but I really liked the first game so chalk me up as very interested in this.

That plot. What the hell are they thinking, why didn't they just follow the plot from the end of the first FU. I had a ball playing as evil Starkiller going after Luke in the DLC, a continuation of that would have been great.

:/

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Clay Davis said:
Scans look pretty meh, but I really liked the first game so chalk me up as very interested in this.

That plot. What the hell are they thinking, why didn't they just follow the plot from the end of the first FU. I had a ball playing as evil Starkiller going after Luke in the DLC, a continuation of that would have been great.

:/

That would have created a paradox. The "proper" ending was the other one so they decided to progress from there.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
TTP said:
That would have created a paradox. The "proper" ending was the other one so they decided to progress from there.

But wouldn't it be more awesome if the game was creating it's own fiction so at least we wouldn't already know the ending will be a "and nothing of importance happened that would factor into the Star Wars movie series as you know it".

VaLiancY said:
And which dick do I have to suck to get another Jedi Knight game? Christ.

whichever dick it is, i will gladly help.

Actually i would rather have a KOTOR3 with the mass effect or dragon age engines more.

TTP said:

Yeah, I forgot the first game had two endings. God knows why they'd make the dull ending the proper one.

The DLC really whetted my appetite for some cyborg Starkiller mayhem in the sequel. :/

Zenith

Banned
I rewrote the OP using Gamepro's preview.

French mag Console+ had it, complete with screens. GamePro also had a preview

Vader still wants an apprentice so 6 months after the first game (1 year before Episode IV) he has Starkiller cloned several times on Kamino. He has been trained in prison to help "break" him. All the previous clones have gone mad due to Vader accelerating the process. Tutorial fight against Proxy droids. When one takes Juno's form Starkiller can't bring himself to kill her. The clone still has memories of Juno and Vader's betrayl somehow, so he flees to go find her by jacking Vader's own tie fighter. General Kota is being held awaiting execution on Cato Nemodia (Trade Federation homeworld) so Starkiller goes there first. Starkiller rescues Kota from the gladiatorial arena we saw in the trailer. Kota reveals it's impossible to clone a Jedi's powers so Starkiller heads to Dagobah to meditate.

Signature weapon is dual blue lightsabres. Playstation Move use is rumoured. Multiplayer is included. More puzzles. Force Persuade is a new power.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
It's not worth finishing. As soon as you know what happens at the end, it makes this sequels plot even more bullshit.
I know... But my uncle got it for me, I feel like I have to play through it so I can tell him I played it when he asks me. =\

tim1138

cacildo said:
Mark my words:

NO MOTION PLUS SUPPORT

heck, maybe there´s not even a wii version at all

Probably won't be a Wii version--weren't Krome's last round of lay-offs due to them not securing the rights to make the Wii version?

Plasma

Banned
Story sounds like some piss poor fan fiction.

Bought TFU on Steam the other day when it went on sale, it isn't a particularly bad SW game but it is no Jedi Knight.

why couldn't they just create a new jedi game that's not tied with the two trilogies? they have the whole star wars universe to play with.

i just hope they polish it up and make it so he can turn off his saber.

Zenith

Banned
I'm just wondering what's going to be going through Vader's head when another apprentice tries to escape him and trashes Kamino in the process. I can just see him resting his head against a wall and going "the fuck, dude..... the fuck?"

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is the lightsaber still a baseball bat? If so I'll pass. Sooner or later someone will make a new Jedi Knight game right? RIGHT?

Blader

I actually kind of liked the first game's story, but this one already sounds like complete fail.

Won't buy. Will rent if the game looks and plays significantly better than the first.

What does the "Ultimate Sith Edition" include on the console versions of the first one?

I remember really liking a quicklook on giantbomb but I think it was PC version content at the time

Does the Ultimate Sith Edition include everything? This is one of those games I always wanted to try but never got around too. Should be pretty cheap by now

The story is not that bad considering we have seen cloned force users multiple times in the EU. The Emperor cloned multiple times, Joruus C'baoth, and the Luuke clone just to name a few. Cloning might seem like a pretty weak move story wise, but it is actually a pretty big deal in the Star Wars universe. Clone madness from aging the clone too fast has even been touched on before so that fits in as well.

WillyFive

Looks like the game's story is going to ruin the story of the last game. And last game's story was the best Star Wars story I have heard in a while.

They better stay away from the music!!!

Zenith said:
I'm just wondering what's going to be going through Vader's head when another apprentice tries to escape him and trashes Kamino in the process. I can just see him resting his head against a wall and going "the fuck, dude..... the fuck?"

It's insane Anakin/Vader has had 4 apprentices at this point. 3 of them supposedly "secret".

Ahsoka
Starkiller #1
Starkiller #2
Lumiya

As long as I don't have to bring down a stardestroyer, I'll pick it up on a weekend deal.

That shit made me the angriest I've ever been at a videogame.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
tim1138 said:
Probably won't be a Wii version--weren't Krome's last round of lay-offs due to them not securing the rights to make the Wii version?
Didn't the wii verison sold very well?

tim1138

Ushojax said:
Is the lightsaber still a baseball bat? If so I'll pass. Sooner or later someone will make a new Jedi Knight game right? RIGHT?

They mention in the GamePro preview that they're working with the ESRB to see what exactly they can get away with to make lightsaber combat actually feel like you're using a saber.

Lonely1 said:
Didn't the wii verison sold very well?

Yeah I think it did, but really when has that ever mattered?

Macmanus

Neuromancer said:
I know... But my uncle got it for me, I feel like I have to play through it so I can tell him I played it when he asks me. =\

If it makes you feel better, the last level was my favorite of the game and Vader was my favorite boss fight. The game remains consistently mediocre throughout, so at least it doesn't go downhill.

Ashodin

Ushojax said:
Jedi Outcast + Dismember Mod = sex

jedioutcast--article_image.jpg

cacildo

mentalfloss said:
There better be a Wii version. And it better have M+ support.

Abandon all hope, my friend.

The first Force Unleashed sold well enough on wii. If i remember correctly, it was something around 1mil, or 700k

But i dont think they will put the sequel on wii. Why? Because its lucas arts.

And if somehow the game manage to land on the wii, it will miss Motion plus support. Why? because its Lucas Arts we´re talking about

And even if the game, in some sort of miracle hits the wii with motion plus support... well... you can expect the worst motion plus implementation ever.
Why?
Because its lucas arts.

Sir Johnny

Neo Member
cacildo said:
Abandon all hope, my friend.

The first Force Unleashed sold well enough on wii. If i remember correctly, it was something around 1mil, or 700k

But i dont think they will put the sequel on wii. Why? Because its lucas arts.

And if somehow the game manage to land on the wii, it will miss Motion plus support. Why? because its Lucas Arts we´re talking about

And even if the game, in some sort of miracle hits the wii with motion plus support... well... you can expect the worst motion plus implementation ever.
Why?
Because its lucas arts.

Their loss.

Oh, wait! They could still create the most shitfully shitty game to ever land on the circuits of the white Nintendo console and still make a profit. Why?!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Maxrpg said:
Jedi Outcast + Dismember Mod = sex

You didn't even need a mod, dismemberment was built right into the game, down to decapitations and complete leg removal. You just had to turn on the cheat. It was pretty disturbing seeing a headless stormtrooper grabbing their wrist where their hand was cut off.

Anyways, this better be on PC day 1. None of that bullshit with lame ports that come a year later and are locked at 30 fps.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Stallion Free said:
You didn't even need a mod, dismemberment was built right into the game, down to decapitations and complete leg removal. You just had to turn on the cheat. It was pretty disturbing seeing a headless stormtrooper grabbing their wrist where their hand was cut off.

It was awesome. Although not perfect, the lightsaber action in that game was very well done, you didn't just slash away at people and have the saber clip through the enemy, the sabers bounced off each other and a clean strike usually meant death with maybe a limb flying off. If the purpose of TFU was to make you feel like the most powerful Jedi, it fell on it's arse when you had to get up close and personal with the enemy, clubbing them to death with your lightsaber. Dreadful design.

Top Bottom